• 1910 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10348 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Game Idea: Level Down

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Trula123, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Hello Citizens of Mineplex

I have a game idea and it is called Level Down. So for example lets say everyone is in an arena (Barbarians Life Size-ish). Everyone starts in diamond gear. Lets say someone kills another person. The person who got killed respawns in same gear but the person who killed goes to Iron Gear. It goes on and on until someone reaches Leather Gear or something like that and kills a person. Then the person who won in the worst gear possible will win it all. So it is harder to kill people as you go along. It is kind of like Evolution but much more fast paced because there is no evolving. In my mind the gear would go to like (Diamond-Iron-Chain-Gold-Leather-Win) but you can remove maybe gold to keep it fast paced. I recommend not using power-ups because that tends to make the game a tad bit longer and then it would be more like evolution. Also maybe you can add like Zombies/Skeletons to also fight in the arena to make it more challenging for the players but more fun and crazy at the same time. Also maybe just an idea is that you can make every minute have like a mini event and an example of that would be everyone speed 2 or everyone gets poison for 5 seconds. I hope you like my game idea. I would completely understand if you don't want to do it. Have a great day. -Trula-

Posted Mar 28, 2019
    skater77i, xParadoxical_ and xJon like this.
  2. I love it! The game is simple but complex in a way. I would love to play this game if it ever comes out.

Would this game be a Nano Game or an Arcade Game? I think it could work as a Nano Game well because of how fast-paced it is. Maybe try explaining how many kills you have to get to win and explain all of the types of gear you would get respective to how many kills you have?

All in all, I think this could be a great game! +1 from me!

Posted Mar 28, 2019
    Trula123 and Eat like this.
  3. To answer your questions I think it would be a great Nano Game.
    0 Kills=Diamond
    1 Kill=Iron
    2 Kills= Chain
    3Kills= Gold
    4 Kills= Leather
    5 Kills= Just Sword
    6 Kills= Win

Also while the game progresses, zombies and skeletons spawn more frequently to make it harder for everyone but mainly people with 4-5 kills. I added the mobs because kill stealing would make this game go way too fast even for Nano Games. It also gives other players a chance to catch up. Thanks for the complement Jaekub!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 28, 2019
    Jango_55, pzazz and Jaekub like this.
  4. This would be amazing as a Nano Game! It seems fast paced and also very fun. I've never seen/played a gamemode like this, so i find it interesting. Also adding the mobs was a great move, since it'll make it a bit more challenging! Hopefully it gets added someday :) +1

Posted Mar 28, 2019
    xParadoxical_, Trula123 and Jaekub like this.
  5. I only want to add Zombies and Skeletons because mobs like Creepers will be way to chaotic but Zombies and Skeletons are slow and they are classic hostile mobs.

OP OP
  6. Heyo!

This seems like a very simple and fast game, I'm a big fan of Nano Games myself, and I'd love to see this added! I guess the point of this is that the person with the worst gear, should be able to kill someone with better gear, proving that they're skilled...which would be really nice for some players. Mobs will be a great obstacles to overcome, so I suggest adding those! :)

Hopefully, this game does get added in the future, keep up the great suggestions! +1 for me.

Posted Mar 28, 2019
    Trula123 and Jaekub like this.
  7. Thanks!

OP OP
  8. I think this would be a great nano game! I was a big fan of the Evolution gamemode back when it was out, so it would be nice to see a similar style of game!

Posted Mar 28, 2019
    cerns and Trula123 like this.
  9. Everyone would have a diamond sword, correct? This would be nice so it would be somewhat possible for a leather to kill a diamond armor player.

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Jango_55 and Trula123 like this.
  10. I was debating that because it might go way to quick with everyone having a diamond sword and this is why.
    Kill stealing would be way too easy because there is 24 players so you easily find battles and try to steal a kill but with a wooden sword for leather armor it might make it a bit harder to kill steal so it is more based on skill. Diamond swords for leather can also go well because with a wooden sword it would be very challenging to get mobs out of your way while trying to kill some with a higher armor. But eventually multiple people will have leather armor/ just sword and then they can find each other and kill but if they had a diamond sword 1 of them would easily win since it is about 4-5 hits + mobs might be attacking you. Now after reading that what do you think would be best? I want your feedback because I'm trying to plan this out more but not add more things to make it crazy but to make things better that are simple. (btw my Minecraft name is Trula)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 29, 2019
  11. Cool idea, however maybe it would go Diamond-iron-chain-gold-leather-NO ARMOR-win? I think this would be cool (for both editions, it would work for bedrock, as bedrock has Gladiators). 1+ from me!

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Trula123 likes this.
  12. Heya!

Very cool idea you have here and I definitely think this would be great as a Nano game. It is similar to Evolution the past game mode and I really enjoyed playing Evolution so I think this would be a lot of fun and by the looks of it, it seems that others also love this idea and would like to see it implemented!

Thank you for sharing you idea and have a lovely day :)

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Trula123 likes this.
  13. Hey,

This idea sounds great. I'm a fan of 'Gun Game' and any gamemode that involves evolution, however, I've never seen it done backwards. These guys have mentioned it would be good as a Nano Game and I completely agree. Hopefully, this could be added into the rotation at some point in the near future.

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Trula123 likes this.
  14. RealDiamond I put in another article I said I was doing Diamond-Iron-Chain-Gold-Leather-No armor-win but if I were had to remove 1 I would remove gold since it is in the middle and it isn't a big difference from chain.

OP OP
  15. Im kind of on the fence on this idea. On one hand, I really like the idea. The game seems like it would be fun and it adds a challenge as when you kill another player, you become weaker in regards to armour.

However, this is essentially a different version of the evolution game where players start as Iron golem and end being a chicken. The Evolution game features similar objectives and the same challenging aspect as when a player "evolves" they are essentially in a weaker form.

From this idea, I do not see anything substantially different between "Level Down" and evolution. For now, I will be giving this idea a -1 if it is being considered as a stand alone game just because a similar game already exists but if it is being considered as a Nano game, then I could see where it could work.

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Trula123 likes this.
  16. It is much different then the evolution game though. Many people didn't like the evolution game because of the power-ups but this is simple who is the best wins. It also includes Zombies and Skeletons to make it more challenging for the people with less of gear because if there were no mobs this game would just be kill steal royale. Evolution has been removed and many people enjoyed that game mode so you can give it another try is a different kind of evolution.
    --- Post updated ---
    @Sven btw I was hoping it would be a Nano Game. It works better as one.

OP OP
  17. It’s nice to see that concept of your idea that you have! It is similar to like from the Evolution game when a player starts with an Iron Golem to a Chicken. Sven has mentioned that it is a fun game and adds a challenge. I agree with having to add to the Nano games instead of the stand-alone game. I will give it a yes for Nano games as it fits the correct category! +1

When a player who has their wooden sword, is it impossible to kill someone who has the strongest armor? Having a wooden sword and a leather armor still takes most of the damages. Is there an alternative way to win the game? Let me know if you have one!

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    xParadoxical_ and Trula123 like this.
  18. Hello there,
    I really like this idea! I don't know if you were implying that it should be a gamemode in itself, or if it should be an arcade game/nano game, but I personally think with how fast-paced it is, it would fit well in either arcade or nano. Maybe at the start everyone's armor has like protection and sharpness weapons, but as they get kills that degrades as well? It would also be cool like you said if they had special event-type things such as speed. Thank you for your suggesting, would be cool to see it implemented :)

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Trula123 likes this.
  19. For people with Leather Armor. There only hope is to try to find someone with gear like theres and/or Kill steal from other fights. If I were to decide if Nano or stand-alone it would no question be Nano. Nano games are more fast paced and more simple/alternations of other games mineplex or other servers have done before and that is exactly what Level Down is. @Phamtastic If I think of another way to win ill tell you. Maybe if you kill enough mobs like if you kill 20-25 mobs you get a level down as well?

OP OP
  20. I love this idea and I think it'd be very enjoyable to play as a part of the Nano rotation. While this is definitely similar to Evolution and has the same concept, there are definitely differences between the two, and although it wouldn't be the best stand alone game, I'd love to see something like this in Nano Games. I know there's the possibility of it becoming mainly kill stealing, but that's kind of a part of Evolution as well.

Mobs would be an interesting addition, adding an extra challenge and giving players something else to watch out for, although I'm not sure how I feel about being able to level down by killing a certain amount of zombies/skeletons. It's not like it would take away from the point of the game since it would take a while to kill 20-25 especially when you're also fighting other players, and I could see this adding more room for strategies, say, if you were killing other players and killing zombies in between which could add up to an extra level down sometime near the end.

For the weapons, I personally think you should just have a diamond sword the whole time, even in leather. This would help the game go quicker, since Nano games shouldn't need to last more than 5 minutes anyways. This also makes it so players in leather still have a chance at killing players with better gear still, but not too much as they'll still have leather armour.

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    xParadoxical_ and Trula123 like this.