• 901 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6301 Players Online
  • 5400 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Game: Lava Survival!

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by HMan1997, Jan 14, 2019.

1. The general idea of the game is what it's name is: Lava Survival!

Here's how the game would run:
    1) Players spawn in a large box and have 3-5 minutes to build a shelter to survive incoming doom.
    2) After the time is up, lava starts spawning in the corner of the map and slowly starts expanding out. Eventually all air will be covered and the lava will burn through the player-made blocks in the box.
    3) The last player to survive wins.

Players:
    -Ideally, the game can house 15-20 players maximum.
    -Kits for players could be things like swiftness, pre-warning (letting them know lava is close), exc.
    -To prevent griefing, players could be kicked after breaking too many of another player's blocks???

The box:
    -The box should be large enough to house the players and their structures. Box sizes would ideally be 100x100x100, 125x125x125, or 150x150x150.
    -The walls of the box can be bedrock or barriers.
    -The bottom surface will have 5-10 layers of natural, themed, or wool blocks. These will not be burned, but can be broken by players.

The lava:
    - After the 5 minute prep period, lava starts to spawn in a corner and expand out. Once it starts, it quickly starts growing.
    -If a player touches it, they die instantly.

Additional ideas:
    -Possibility of teams and pvp against said teams?
    -Countdown timer instead of last player standing?

Example video from minecraft classic:

What are your thoughts?

Posted Jan 14, 2019
  2. +1

Posted Jan 14, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  3. Heyo!!

I really love the idea you've suggested, it's really unique and different from all the other games. Personally, I wouldn't add this as its own mini-game. Instead, I feel it would be better in Nano Games or Mixed Arcade. It seems like Lava Survival would be more relevant in those gamemodes. Making it its own game would just feel really slow and not the most entertaining thing. But, putting it in let us say Nano Games, with the fast pace feeling the game would be entertaining! Overall, I would definitely want this in Nano Games or Mixed Arcade but not it's own gamemode.

Hope it gets implemented!!

-Dan

Posted Jan 14, 2019
  4. I'm definitely a fan of this idea. It's an interesting concept and I think that I myself would enjoy playing it. I agree with what AyyDaniel said in that this should definitely be a part of Nano Games, since it seems to be pretty fast-paced. If you want to make it faster maybe subtract 1 minute from the build time.

I think that this game should stick to last-player standing, since I think the gameplay would be a little bit better. I also think that a teams mode wouldn't go that well with the game as a whole, but it really depends on what the majority of players think I'd guess.

Overall, I really like your game idea, and I'm interested to say what other players think!

Posted Jan 14, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  5. Hey there!

I still remember when I first time playing this old gamemode back in like 6 years ago. This brings back the nostalgia that it should be added to this server. Like what AyyDaniel and Umbreon said that it will be a great idea to add to the Nano games. Not sure that if that is going to work either in Nano games or just standalone game. Lava can be laggy to some of the players who have the slow internet or poor performance on their PC. Overall, I feel like that either I agree with this or not, but that is a great suggestion that you have!

Posted Jan 14, 2019
  6. Sounds like it would be a fun game, maybe less time like 3 minutes then lava falls, make it a quick game mode

Posted Jan 15, 2019
  7. Hey,
    Personally, I'm a bit neutral when it comes to this. To begin with, I feel like a game being this long alone would be pretty dull. People would most likely quickly lose interest, which isn't a good thing as this would be taking development resources. Like others have said, it would be better to have this in NANO, and make the game more fast paced. Maybe 2-4 minutes? Yet again, 4 minutes still is a pretty long game for NANO. Additionally, not all people on Mineplex have the best computers. As Phamtastic said, some players could have problems playing this game which may decrease its game count. I think a more exciting and original game would suit Mineplex best. Good luck with your suggestion!

Posted Jan 17, 2019
  8. A pretty cool game idea so far. I like the simplicity of the game but I do agree that it would fit best in the Nano Games rotation rather than it being a stand-alone game. I'm not quite sure how well this would turn out with 24 players in a game though. There would be way too many players placing and destroying blocks around each other, also the infinite amount of blocks along with having creative would probably be an issue. If everyone just stayed against the corner of the room, then either everyone would win or lose together. Having gameplay like this would be simple, but quite boring.

My first suggestion is limiting the number of blocks the player can use, and also putting them in survival mode instead of creative. Secondly, I suggest halfway you can enable PvP, doing so would make it a lot more challenging to stay alive. My last suggestion would probably be just to shorten the amount of time, possibly to 1-3 minutes.

Overall, I do like the idea of this game, and I hope to see more improvements and suggestions from the community to add on to this. Have a good day!

Posted Jan 18, 2019
  9. they should add this to the server its is a classic game and no one except funville.eu did it but the server shut down for no reason

Posted Sep 17, 2020
  10. Good idea! But I do have some suggestions. Maybe, instead of the lava coming in from corners, you could have them tower up because it starts 1 block underground and could rise at random moments. There could also be chests scattered everywhere, even above the players. The lower the chest, the better the loot. PVP is enabled, so you can kill each other. The lava could rise 1-8 blocks every 1-5 minutes. The last one standing wins. You could also make the blocks they start with 4 stacks of wood planks, so the lava can burn the blocks and spread the fire. The map could be 128 blocks tall, and the lava could stop rising when its at 110 blocks. At the top of the map, more chests could spawn, but as I mentioned earlier, the loot will not be as good as the lower chests. Hope you like my suggestions!

Posted Sep 29, 2020