• 1747 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10185 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [NEW GAME] Mineclash

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Shqdyy, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Hi there!

So I wanted to suggest a game I have been thinking about for a while. This game idea is for bedrock AND java edition.

MY IDEA
    Mineclash is a game in which there are 4 teams, namely teams Blue, Yellow, Green and Red (the teams have 8 players each). Each time has a huge island with a mine full of ores. The island contains trees and some hidden chests. All islands are surrounded with a barrier for 10 minutes, and during that time they must mine, smelt and prepare their own swords and armor! There are kits also:

Warrior (DEFAULT): Player spawns with leather armor, wooden Pickaxe, sword, shovel and axe.

Magician : The player spawns with one anvil and three random enchantment books. The magician has the ability to ground slam with a cooldown time of 30 seconds.

Knight: The player spawns with an Iron Sword and Iron Helmet. The knight can summon mini warrriors (Baby Zombies) who last for only 45 seconds. Cooldown time of one minutes

Ghast: The player spawns with a potion of leaping and they have 10 fireballs. Once used, fireballs can only be regained after 2 minutes. These fireballs can be right clicked and thrown at an enemy, causing an explosion.

Once time is up and the barrier drops, and all teams start fighting. Their main aim is to find and fight for the dragon egg which is hidden somewhere in the middle Island. There are requirements to unlock the door to the dragon egg. The requirements are 10 kills and not more than 5 deaths. All players have infinite respawns. Once a team gets the dragon egg, they need to rush back to their base and spawn the dragon from there, and that dragon starts killing all other players. Once a team has spawned the dragon, no one can respawn after dying. The dragon can also be killed, however if the dragon kills all players, the team who spawned him wins. The dragon has much less attack damage than usual, giving players a chance to kill him.

THE MAP
    I have made a blueprint on paint showing off my idea for the map:

[​IMG]

Please do let me know your thoughts on this idea, I am open to constructive criticism!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  2. Hi!
    I love your idea of the new game Mineclash. It would be a great addition to the current PvP games. Since it's not only just PvP, but also mining, crafting and surviving, which are the main goals of Minecraft itself it would not get boring too fast.

Just one question:
    What are your plans of the size of each island? I wouldn't make them too small, to make it a little harder to find rare ores.

Sounds like a perfect plan!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Shqdyy likes this.
  3. It’s a +1 for me, it’s a great game! I love the kits, I love how you took your time and gave it your own to work this hard! But some of the kits are op, so hype that down a little.

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Shqdyy likes this.
  4. Hey!
    I really like this game idea. As already stated this will be another great addition to the pvp games. I would say tone down on the kits though, some seem a little op.
    +1 have a great day!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Shqdyy and EmpxrxrPhxl like this.
  5. I feel like this may be a little too similar to The Bridges. The two games share the 10 minutes before combat, 4 teams, using the island resources to prepare for battle, and the middle island. If I were a game developer, I would use the same NPC for this game, much like Champions. I like the idea of the game so far though!

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Shqdyy likes this.
  6. I think it’s a nice suggestion, but like said above I think it a bit too similar to bridges.

A lot of the prep work you listed is extremely similar to bridges. Although I do like the kits and they have a unique twist on them!

My only concern with the actual gameplay would be the 10 kills and 5 deaths requirement. With infinite respawns, what if everyone in the game died 5+ times? I know it’s unlikely, but if it did happen, would they be able to continue the game and get the dragon egg?

I think it’s a nice suggestion and you definitely put effort into it, but I don’t think it’ll be added due to the similarities with bridges.

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  7. Yo,

I feel like this would be a good spin-off of Bridges for Bedrock, but I don't think it would make sense to add to Java since it already has Bridges. Now for my questions,
    For the 10 kills and 5 deaths requirement, does that have to be earned as a team, or as an individual?
    How many gems would each kit cost and is one of them an achievement kit? If so, what are the achievements?
    If a team killed the ender dragon, would they win immediately or do they still have to defeat every other team?
    If a team dies but they spawned the ender dragon, would it be able to win the game for them, or would the game end when only 1 team is alive.
    That's all for now, if you could respond to these and clarify your idea, I would be happy!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  8. Here are the answers to your questions, @Augend

The 10 kills and 5 deaths requirement needs to be earned as an individual, that is why there are infinite lives.

The cost of each kit is as follows:
    Magician: 5000 gems

Knight: 3000 gems

Ghost : 4000 gems

I still need to think of a good achievement kit

If a team killed the enderdragon, they would still have to defeat all remaining players. Since everyone would have one life left after the summoning of the enderdragon, victory would be easier to achieve.

If the team dies after spawning the dragon, the dragon would still remain alive and try to win the game for them, however it would be weaker (less attack damage, less health). The game would end when one team is alive, even if it is one single player left alive from that certain team

ANOTHER ADDITION TO THE GAME IDEA: If red team spawns the dragon, the dragon would be called "Red's Dragon" or "Blue's Dragon" If blue summoned it, and so on for the other teams.
    --- Post updated ---
    @EmpxrxrPhxl I would make them pretty big, approximately 50x50 or more. They would be circular ofcourse. Each island would be approximately the size of the middle Island in skywars.
    --- Post updated ---
    That's a good question. If everyone died 5+ times, the team with the least overall deaths would get the egg. An announcement would come in chat, something like:

"Everyone in the game has failed to meet the requirement of having less than 5 deaths. Team --- will be given the egg because their team has the least overall deaths.
    --- Post updated ---
    That's a good question @510bike . If everyone died 5+ times, the team with the least overall deaths would get the egg. An announcement would come in chat, something like:

"Everyone in the game has failed to meet the requirement of having less than 5 deaths. Team --- will be given the egg because their team has the least overall deaths.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 25, 2019
  9. Hey!
    First off, I wanted to say how creative this is! It’s very evident to the amount of effort you put into this idea.

I do agree with Augend, though. I think this could be a lovely addition to Bedrock as their own unique version of Bridges-from Java. Although, this could be another option to Bridges. Looking at Skywars and Survival Games, there’s two options: Solo & Teams. I think Mineclash could be an option for Bridges which would be hardcore. This could be for those who thoroughly enjoy Bridges, but want an extra challenge.

There is no doubt I’d enjoy this game if it was implemented. I’ve always loved Bridges, and I think this could be a fun addition.

I hope you have a great day/night!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  10. Hey, there!

First and foremost, I'd like to say that this idea is very interesting and I feel as if it could work in Java and Bedrock due to the unique features that this game has to offer. I understand on how some users feel about this being added to Java because it's similar to The Bridges, however it has very unique features and if you really go into thought they're not closely similar. For the time being though, I believe it should only be added into Bedrock maybe change a small portion of your idea. I do have a question currently: How long is an stereotypical game?

Overall, I love the suggestion and I'm all for it for the time being. +1 from me.

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Shqdyy and _Prof_ like this.
  11. Hey Batchie!

This is a very interesting idea. As stated above, this game suggestion sounds a lot like Bridges. I'm not much of a Bridges player, but this is definitely a game I would be willing to play. In a way, it sort of reminds me of MCL, in which you could spawn the Wither which would help you take down enemy towers.

The only thing that might be troublesome is your method of unlocking the dragon egg. Having a set number of kills and deaths might be hard for players to understand and keep track of. Instead I suggest a central beacon that players can hold. Once a team captures a beacon, it should begin to fill up a bar that unlocks the egg. This bar can reset if a new team captures the beacon or its progress could remain, it's up to you. It should also fill up pretty quickly to avoid games being longer than they should be. Of course this is just a suggestion that I think might make the game simpler to understand and more enjoyable.

Another implementation I think would be cool is if the egg re-spawned after the ender dragon is killed. This would mean the dragon would be the only way to permanently eliminate a team. While I believe this would make the game more unique and fun, it could also result in longer games. Therefore, mechanics would have to be adjusted such as the life span of the dragon and the amount of damage it deals. Again, just another suggestion I think would make the game more fun.

Overall, great idea! I'm excited to see what this game could turn into. It definitely has the potential to be one of the best games offered on the network!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Shqdyy and _Prof_ like this.
  12. so what happens when everyone has died 5 times? does the game end

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  13. Hey @Arcrean!
    I agree with your suggestion. It would be tough for people to keep track of their kills and deaths. Occupying a middle beacon would be a much better idea. The beacon would take a while, around a minute or a minute and a half to completely fill your bar, and once filled you would get the egg. Your goal should be to keep the middle beacon.

@Arcrean's SUGGESTION HAS BEEN ADDED TO THIS GAMES IDEA.

Like most people have stated, this game would be a better fit on bedrock as bedrock does not have Bridges.

OP OP
  14. I would still love to see this on Java, because im not a bridges fan, but would love to play this.

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Shqdyy likes this.
  15. It can be added as a Hardcore version of Bridges on Java, or as a game on its own.

OP OP
    beahrs likes this.
  16. So it says you prepare your swords and armor. I assume that this is done with crafting benches. If so, dupers are gonna win because they’re gonna be duping. An easy way to fix this is to have trades for the possible things you can craft. Like if someone is going to craft an iron chest plate, do a trade that requires 8 iron for a chest plate. IT will be a lot of traders and trades but it will fix the problem of dupers. If this game doesn’t involve crafting, just ignore this :3

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  17. Hi!
    This game does include crafting. Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I never thought about dupers. There could be a different system for crafting, like you suggested. Maybe there could be a villager by the name of "CRAFTING" and you would get all the required materials for a certain item such as an iron chestplate, click on the villager and buy the chestplate using all 8 iron and that would automatically make you wear or hold the item you made. Instead of money to buy an item, you would need the required resources used to craft that item to buy it. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. The price of a chestplate would be eight iron, that of a helmet would be four iron. For a sword it would be x2 iron x2 stick and so on. You can choose what item you want to buy using the resources you have in order to prevent ending up crafting what you do not need. The villager would only have a set amount of things you can use him to craft which would be all the pieces of iron armor, the tools, weaponry etc.
    --- Post updated ---
    When a person gets 10 kills and has died less than 5 times, his team gets the egg. However this idea has been removed. I am now using @Arcrean ’s idea.

OP OP
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  18. What happens if everyone dies 5 times. What if the Dragon attacks you. It seems kinda op you're mining so the chance you have things to kill the ender dragon fairly is relatively low

Posted Jun 25, 2019
  19. I’m glad I helped!

Posted Jun 25, 2019
    Shqdyy likes this.
  20. so it is bridges with egg in center CREATIVE!

2+2=+21

Posted Jun 27, 2019
    Shqdyy likes this.