• 1148 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3727 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Game: Raiders

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by pokyvessel52506, Dec 11, 2019.

?

Hows the idea

1. +1

50.0%
  2. +0.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. +0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. -0.5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. -1

50.0%
  1. Today I have an idea for a game called sneak attack

The game:
    There are 4 teams with 4 players on each team. There are 4 chests in each base (Bases are made out of cobblestone, obsidian and stone brick). each chest has a diamond, gold ingot, emerald or redstone, when you get a chest item you put it in an item frame. There are 16 item frames on each base and whichever has most items in the item frames in 10 minutes wins. Each player has 4 lives. The space between each base is a 30 blocks making the whole game map about 100x100. there are broken bridges connecting the bases but players must place a few blocks to go over the bridge, and under the bridge is lava, so don't fall off (FYI there is no fence).
    every 2.5 minutes a power up spawns that powers up the team that gets it for 30 seconds. There are 8 types of power ups. The power ups spawn in the middle of the map, and it takes 5 seconds to claim a power up.

Power ups:

Common power ups: (55%)

Agility power up: Jump boost II and speed II for 30 seconds

Strength power up: Strength II for 30 seconds

Rare power ups: (20%)

Witchery power up: Each player gets a blindness I (5 seconds), Slowness I (7 seconds) or poison I (5 seconds) every 7 seconds

Keen blade power up: Sharpness II on the teams swords for 30 seconds

Legendary power ups: (10%)

Cursed sword power up: Every 5 seconds when your sword hits a player they get wither I for 2.5 seconds

bomb arrow (2x damage): every 5 seconds whenever your arrow hits a player it sets off an explosion dealing 3 damage and x2 knock back (If the arrow does not hit the player the ability recharges in 1 second. the explosion only happens if it hits player)

Mythical power ups: (5%)

Homing arrow: every 5 seconds if your arrow does not hit it becomes a homing arrow that gives wither I to any player it hits.

Ultra blade: Your sword does x1.5 damage and causes x2 knock back

(When the power up is a bow power you get 1 arrow and your bow has infinity until power up is over).

Kits:

Fighter: You rely on sheer force.

Cost: 4000 gems

Items: Iron sword, iron armor, bow 24 arrows, 64 cobblestone

Abilities:

Fighters rage:
    You run towards where your looking and if you hit a player it does 4 damage and gives you a chance for a combo. Cooldown: 30 seconds. Activation: Shift + right click with sword

Sword slam:
    You hit the ground with your sword and it does 4 damage to any player in a 5 block radius. Cooldown: 15 seconds. Activation: Shift + left click with sword

Passive ability: Double jump
    Double jump

Cleric: You help your friends

Cost: free

Items: Iron sword, chain armor, 2 healing II splash potions, a bow, 32 arrows, 64 cobblestone

abilities:

Clerics healing:
    Heals any team members in a 10 block radius. Cooldown: 30 seconds. Activation: You get a special splash potion every 30 seconds

Passive ability:
    You get a splash potion of healing I every 25 seconds

Passive ability:
    You can double jump

Ninja:

Cost: Achievement kit

Items: Diamond sword sharpness I, black leather armor, a bow, 46 arrows, 64 cobblestone

Abilities:

Disappear:
    You teleport where you looking like blink (You can't go through walls). Cooldown: 30 seconds. Activation: Shift + right click with sword

Disengage battle:
    you jump 10 blocks up (You can jump 2 more times after that to get away). Cooldown: 35 seconds. Activation: Shift + left click with sword.

Passive: Double jump

Achievements

Raider: Get 50 items in total

This game is about killing things: kill 200 players in total

Real raider: get all 16 items in 1 game

Bloodthirsty: kill someone in 1 minute of the game starting

Robber!: Get 150 items in total

You raid in this game?: Kill 300 players in total

Tell me what you think!

Posted Dec 11, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 11, 2019
  2. Hello!
    At first glance, this game seems good, but after reading it, I have some questions and concerns. I think that having an 'infinite amount of lives' is a bit overpowered. There should be a way a player can die, otherwise there is a possibility this game could go on forever, which brings me to another concern, the game time. You said that whatever team had the most items in the item frame wins, but what if multiple teams have the same amount? I also have a concern re-guarding the Achievements. It seems to me that some achievements are unclear, like 'You raid this game?' the achievement is to kill 300 players in one game? Over a period of time? It also seems as some of the kits are overpowered, one specific kit that I find overpower is the 'Ninja' kit. And is this game called 'Raiders' or 'Sneak Attack' ? I also feel that the concept of the game is similar to that of another game on another server, so there could be copyright issues re-guarding this game. These are just some of the things that can be improved on. In conclusion, I think there is a lot to improve on this game, and do not think it is ready to be implemented to Mineplex. Sorry, but -1 from me.
    Happy Suggesting! -
    xGetRekted

Posted Dec 11, 2019
  3. The achievement there raiding In this game is kill 300 players in total, ninja kit is an achievement kit so its op but ill change kits anyways.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 11, 2019
  4. I definitely like the concept, the originality and in-depth explanation for it is definitely there, I do agree that infinite lives is OP - this is generally due to the fact that games drag a lot when they are like this, especially as you want this to be a 16 player mini-game.

I also think that this game might be a tad out of place for other MIneplex games - while I like the variation in it it just doesn't really fit the pattern very well which I feel might drag it's attention a little bit! It's a thoughtful and creative idea - but I just don't see the practicality and actually seeing myself on the server playing through a game like this.​

Posted Dec 11, 2019
    xGetRektedx likes this.