• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7199 Players Online
  • 4309 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Gamemode Idea for Super Smash Mobs

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Leftyo, Aug 7, 2020.

1. My new Gamemode idea is SSM PVE This game mode introduces Monsters you can fight in a squad of 4 players and each player is given 4 lives. You and your squad fight together defeating waves of mobs and each mob can have different abilities for example: Skeletons could have a Barrage of Arrows attack, Spiders could shoot Webs at you. There will be 5 waves you need to fight through, each wave introduces a new mob.

After defeating 5 waves of monsters you then engage in a boss fight, now this boss could be a Ghast that shoots 5 Fireballs at once and does loads of knockback on hit, an Elder Guardian which shoots a laser randomly on the map and if your close to it, it will output loads of knockback and damage and an Ender Dragon which shoots fire balls at you and charges at you or maybe even summon Enderman to kill you.

This is my idea for a new gamemode, in my opinion this would be so cool and theirs so many strategies to come up and so many kit combinations you can use to defeat loads of mobs, and since there isn't really a PVE type game on Mineplex i feel like this would be so unique and great. Tell me what you guys think in the comments. :D

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    Legend998, pinfoil, GH05T and 2 others like this.
  2. This seems like a cool idea! Using the current kits in ssm against bosses seems extremely fun but the ai of stuff like the ender dragon will need to be changed since it tends to run a lot. Im guessing you mean something similar to halloween horror, except using ssm kits.

Even better, custom bosses for each mob having unique abilities.

The only problems i see with it is the original smash bros game or dev time.

Posted Aug 8, 2020
    aaawesome likes this.
  3. Small playerbase.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    73GG and Lemonade_Cartel like this.
  4. there is a game like that during halloween

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  5. Like BlasterGames said above, there is a game that is almost a perfect match to your idea that is called Halloween Havoc. It was around during the 2018 and 2019 Halloween events on mineplex. In this game there were four kits to play with, each with their own abilities and purpose. Inside the game you killed waves of all sorts of mobs and it also had many bosses that you had to defeat such as Gendo the Angel of Death, the Molten Snake, the Pumpkin Prince, and of course the Pumpkin King.
    I still like your idea, I find that it would be very fun. Mineplex already has Halloween Horror, so in my opinion they would not really want a game that is that much alike, so that Halloween Havoc is more special while it is out.

Posted Aug 10, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 14, 2020
  6. Wasnt halloween horror removed years ago?

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  7. no it is only in holloween time tho

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  8. Yeah sorry about that, I accidentally switched up the names. I edited my post and it should be fine now.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  9. staff be like "Llike x said above [copies message but worded differently]"

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  10. it WAS in halloween time but now it got replaced by halloween havoc

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  11. Halloween Havoc is Halloween Horror the mod just switched up names

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  12. No its not, haloween horror was about defending a village from waves of mobs, and halloween havoc is about going a path to approach the pumpkin king.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  13. Also there is a way to make pve gamemodes without making the events special.

I have played servers with many different pve games which all were unique. There are ways to do this with different mobs, texture packs that make mobs look like they arent even from minecraft. Even different boss mechanics (Ex: having to destroy certain parts of a boss to attack the main boss). The possibilities are only limited to what we can imagine.

This would also add a lot more players who are interested in pve to the server, and they will see gamemodes that are interesting.

This doesnt have to be for ssm, but a pve gamemode would be interesting.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Legend998 and Young_Inventor like this.
  14. Hey there,

In my opinion, this is a great idea and I would personally love to try this out. However, I don’t think it would be beneficial to Mineplex, because of the smaller player base. Super Smash Mobs isn’t much of a popular game so all a new game-mode would do is spread out our player base even more. Also, it was confirmed that halloween havoc will be returning on Sept. 24 (this game-mode is very similar to your game). This sounds like a fun game to try out but personally I don’t believe it’ll benefit Mineplex.
    Have a nice day!

Posted Sep 9, 2020
  15. I can see this being implemented as a part of nano games, otherwise, this wouldn't get much of a playerbase.

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    Wildbrandon and somewun like this.