• 1100 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3679 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Hunter Queue System

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by RepulsiveAcidicToxicSnake, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Posted Oct 30, 2019
  2. why is that thread locked

Posted Oct 30, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  3. Because it wants to be

Posted Oct 30, 2019
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  4. Thank you for the comments that are NOT feedback on the idea written in the thread.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 31, 2019
  5. Just select a hunter kit and tap the sheep lmfao

Posted Oct 31, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 31, 2019
  6. haha sorry flute but that's not how it works

Posted Nov 1, 2019
  7. It can work if you believe
    --- Post updated ---
    And plus, if you’re an ESPer, you don’t deserve to have it easy

Posted Nov 1, 2019
  8. So many things are wrong with what you just said, first, read kobra's thread because simply queueing for hunter isn't going to give it to you every single time. Imagine like 8 people queued in a 24/24 game, it's practically impossible. Some people are lucky and get it like 80% (like you) and some don't (like me) I know u play lots of bedrock but sorry java is a lot different.
    Also, there aren't many espers in BH nowadays anyways and people who did ESP don't really do it anymore, just because of how boring the state of the game is right now

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  9. I was just pointing that out lolol
    Never said you or kobra has ESP
    I don’t know anymore
    Just go commit water swim if you don’t want to hide it just quit and come back
    There’s no other effective way lol

Posted Nov 2, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 10, 2019
  10. oh my god

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  11. Yes

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  12. No idea why staff keep locking threads that NEED to be discussed. Half the threads I make just get locked a few minutes later WITHOUT any feedback from players who participate a lot in the game.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  13. I was the one who locked the thread.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 12, 2019
  14. The way the queue system works in BH now makes it extremely hard to get onto a team that you aren't automatically placed on. When the countdown starts, it splits half of the lobby up between Hunters and Hiders. The ratio of Hunters to Hiders was changed to 1:5, but when the players in a lobby are split onto the different teams, 50% end up queued for each team. Your solution seems, to me, unnecessarily complicated, and I think it could be simplified down to something much similar, like this:

Teams would be assigned to the lobby after the game starts, rather than as soon as the sheeps appear. This would give players at least 20 seconds to queue the sheep they want to avoid any random placement. If 5 players end up queuing for Hunters in a lobby of 24 players, then one would randomly be chosen to remain a Hider. Something that was originally suggested in the GI document that was used for the last BH update was to introduce a system where the game would remember the teams players queued in the previous game (ONLY in the same lobby), but that was not included in the update. Generally, a system like this would mimic the queuing systems of every other game much more closely than your proposal and be much more easily understood as a result.

It's an interesting concept, but I personally believe that either a reversion back to the original queuing system or a fix to the issue I mentioned earlier would be much more beneficial to the game.

Posted Nov 12, 2019
  15. Rqil, ;( I feel like my idea, though a bit more complicated, would be more fair than what you are proposing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 12, 2019
  16. To go back on topic: I do believe the hunter system right now sucks and you have to be loved or hated by the mineplex system. I’m pretty lucky (knock on wood) with the hunter queue system so no change wouldn’t affect me. But I do believe it should be changed as it would become frustrating messing your wins rate up just to hunt.
    --- Post updated ---
    I found something interesting, yesterday I completely reset my PC so when I redownloaded Minecraft, the hunter queue system hated me. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and the hunter system went back to loving me and I was 100% of the time on hunter. Not sure if this actually how it works or not but something interesting to note

Posted Dec 4, 2019 at 10:24 PM