• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6639 Players Online
  • 3749 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Idea for the Achievement Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by F1amie, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Hello everyone! I've been playing SG a lot lately and have been thinking of some new ideas for the warlock kit. Although I don't think that the warlock kit idea is bad I think that it's a bit overwhelming for an achievement kit, and I think that the horse kit was too overpowered. So I began thinking and came up with an idea for the "ghost" kit as the achievement kit and I would love to hear what you guys thoughts are about it so that I can try to improve the kit idea. Basically, if you use the ghost kit it gives you two perks, one of them is whenever you get a kill you become fully invisible (including armor and nametag) for 3 seconds. The reason I think that this might be a good perk is that if you kill someone and someones near you or is trying to clean you, you'll have a great chance of getting away or getting rid of the distance in between you and the opponent. Secondly, the other perk would be that if you die by this kit the person receives invisibility for getting the kill (Because they're haunted by the ghost) but not only that the items from the person that died would not drop and they would "vanish." As in the items from the person who's using the ghost kit won't drop on death.

I hope you guys like my idea and don't be afraid to help me improve it and give me criticisms!

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    Fusafez and Defactorial like this.
  2. Hey!

This sounds like a kit I would actually be comfortable with! The overall idea of it is unique, playing as a ghost during the SG game. Though the kit looks good, I have some feedback to suggest and questions. First off, for the first perk you listed, this would be helpful in situations where you (like you said) are about to get cleaned or you need to make a strategical escape. To be honest, 3 seconds isn't enough. I'd say 5 seconds is better, you'll have more time to get where you need to be or to follow through your plan. Additionally, I don't see any harm in raising the time so if you do, please tell me what the issue would be. Next, for the second perk, to me you weirdly explained how it would work. So are you saying whoever gets killed by the ghost kit user doesn't drop their inventory or the person using the ghost kit doesn't drop their inventory upon death. If you can clarify, that'd be nice! Otherwise, for the general idea, it's interesting as it would vanish, relating to the ghost. But, I'm not too sure if this would be a good second perk to the kit. That's my opinion though, anyways, thanks for the kit idea! Possibly with some modifications it'd be a good kit to have but I do want some clarification on some things first :D

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  3. Hello!

I would say there would be no harm in adding 5 seconds to the kit instead of 3, I just made it 3 in the first place to make sure that it wouldn't be too overpowered. Secondly, I'm saying that the person using the ghost kit wont drop their inventory upon death!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 13, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  4. Hi!

I would like to commend you for such a unique idea, and I do like some of your ideas surrounding this achievement kit. Jumping straight into it...With the first perk, I believe if it was implemented, I don’t see harm in 3-5 seconds of invisibility, however I feel like to regulate the kit they would have to make it to where the Ghost kit user could not use combat during that time of invisibility. In other words, the player would not be able to attack other opponents when invisible, as it would be an unfair advantage to players without the kit. And for the second perk, I do not quite understand fully what the intentions are. Are you suggesting that if a ghost kit user were to die, they wouldn’t drop their loot? If so, I feel that would not be fair to other players because the game itself consist of getting geared by killing players throughout the game. Then again, I may be reading your idea wrong. For sure, if you clarify more on that idea that involves the second perk, I can give you some feedback! Otherwise, I generally enjoy this idea, it’s unique.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    F1amie likes this.
  5. Hello!

I agree with you, I do think that if someone was invis they shouldn't be able to hit someone, secondly yes I am saying that they would not drop any of their items if they died while using the ghost kit and the reason for this is because I feel as though it should be a unique aspect to the game and the reason I think that this would be fair is that it's an achievement kit so it should be a very good kit that no other kit is similar to. I would love to hear what you have to add to make the kit better!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2020
  6. I agree with the invisibility perk. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Mineplex takes it into consideration being the OITQ achievement kit is "Ninja" and gives you invisibility after a kill. I feel like ALL of your loot despawning would be a bit too overpowered and unfair. I'd say 10-20% if your items despawning wouldn't be too bad. You could be lucky and get their best items or be unlucky and get their worst items. I understand why you wish Mineplex would make an achievement kit that is actually rewarding. Most achievement kits are mediocre at best, but provide decent fun. Monster Maze is one of the only games where the achievement kit totally dominates any other kit.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  7. Hey there :)

Personally I think this is a really cool kit idea! The concept you have going is really creative and has so much potential. I do feel like this would be a really unique kit players would work really hard to get for the achievements, and I certainly would as well. Of course, more detail is needed to get the full idea because there is a couple parts that are a little hard to understand, but overall, the whole general idea of this is super creative and I definitely would not have come up with it myself. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing this added and I would love to see this become a topic of interest for the future of Survival Games. In conclusion, I give this idea a +1. Thanks for sharing! :)​

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  8. The old Technoblade conundrum, Mineplex SG knockback can't allow for a balanced kit which is a combo starter unless there'd be some sort of damage reduction mechanic. The idea would work if there was a downside in combat.

Repulsor is not the best kit in Monster Maze, both jumper and slowballer when played efficiently are balanced kits.

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    CheeseySF and F1amie like this.
  9. Hello guys I've read all your responses and made like an outline of what it would look like, lmk what you think!

Ghost (#0370)

Kit description:

Harness the powers of the legendary creature…

When you get a kill, receive complete invisibility for 5 seconds. While in this mode you cannot attack enemies. Upon death, you will only drop 50% of the items in your inventory.

Click ME to select your kit.
    Minecraft:ghast_tear
    NBT: 1 tag(s)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2020
  10. Yo!

First of all, let me just say, this kit idea is very creative. As a current SG player, I do love this kit idea. The kit ability for a max time of five seconds is reasonable, as it offers players to run away and survive in the game for the game to have a chance to heal from a fight or to run away from a clean-up from another player. Additionally, I think the description of the kit is intriguing and it sounds exciting!

Overall, I like this kit idea, and I believe that this kit should be implemented for Survival Games! +1

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    F1amie and Amg_ (Amgeh) like this.
  11. I apologize for the late reply! I wanted to add that I am very impressed and proud of you for thinking of something so creative. The amount of thought you’re putting behind this new idea is great. I think I like the 50% loot drop rate in comparison to none at all. I hope to see this kit possibly implemented in the future because it is by far one of the most interesting ideas I’ve seen in a while. +1 from me my friend!

Posted Aug 14, 2020
  12. Hey hey!

As a veteran Survival Games player, I like the idea of this kit! I also have some things to add on though.

I really like the first perk where you vanish after killing someone. As someone who's been playing for a really long time, I can tell you that it's incredibly annoying to get cleaned by someone after killing a player. Furthermore, onto your second point, I don't really understand what you were trying to say with the inventory point. As far as I've understood you're saying that the person using Ghost kit does not drop their inventory after being killed and I don't really get the point of that. I usually kill players in order to get their armour and I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I chased a player and killed them in order to find out they were using Ghost kit and would not drop their items. In Survival Games, you have to either open chests or kill people to get (better) items or experience and I don't really think that your second point is a really good idea. I can see that this kit would be amazing with some adjustments and further explanations and examples but as of right now I don't think it's very well thought through. Maybe in the future, you'll be able to provide us with more. For now, this idea gets a -1 for me BUT if you ever add more context or fix up the unbalance please DM me because I'd love to see where this idea goes!

I can't wait to see what else you come up with, I can see you're very creative and can think of something from scratch! I'd love to see some other ideas you provide us and if you ever want any feedback, I'd be more than happy to provide some!

Have a great day.

Posted Aug 21, 2020
  13. This sounds like a good addition to SG. Cleaning is always something players express discontent with, especially in SG from my experience with it. This kit doesn't provide a massive advantage, only the means to have a chance to run away and avoid being cleaned just after getting a kill.

With the inventory point, I don't think that'd be very appealing and could frustrate users, especially if they engaged in combat to get your stuff. It makes sense in theory but would lead to users trying to target kill ghost users early on so they don't nab any good stuff which you can't take upon their death (did what I just say make sense?) that and general frustration upon killing them- as well as a relief considering they can run and not get cleaned immediately. Still, as tam said, people sometimes engage in fights earlier on to stack up via using their stuff. It's waste of health if you're not thrown a bone in their stuff and if someones chasing you afterwards to clean, they may eventually catch up and get you.

Anyway, I think this idea is very unique and think would work well in the game- with modifications. I could see users enjoying and using this kit often. +1

Posted Aug 29, 2020