• 1072 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9532 Players Online
  • 8460 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New immortal perk, GIF banners

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Krystal The Fox, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Heya. I think immortal users should have a perk for the forums. Immortal users should be able to have an animated banner for their forum wall. The banner they choose has to be appropriate, otherwise a staff member will removed it and/or give the user a forum ban for having an inappropriate banner. once the user's immortal subscription expires, They wont be able to use another animated banner unti they resubscribe.

Posted Nov 8, 2020
    Dellas, andr3w and anna. like this.
  2. Can’t everyone already download animated banners and use them?

If that’s accurate then imma give it a -1 because it doesn’t seem fair for people who have always had access to it to just lose that privilege.

If that’s not accurate then first off I apologize but hey everyone’s wrong sometimes, but I honestly wouldn’t really mind that idea, but I don’t agree with removing the banner when their subscription expires. They should be able to keep it without needing to resubscribe.

All n all pretty great idea, if someone could clarify on my first statement that would be great (:

Posted Nov 8, 2020
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  3. Hi, this idea is already proposed in the upcoming Forums Walls Update. However, I don’t completely agree with this either because an animated banner is a staff privilege, and having all the immortal players get it too would not make it special anymore.
    -Bob

PS. To answer your question, nobody can get an animated banner except someone with a paid job from jobs.mineplex.com. If you try to upload an animated one, you just get an error message that says you don’t have permission to do so. (Trust me, I’ve tried :P )

Posted Nov 8, 2020
    anna. likes this.
  4. Oh, thank you for that clarification! I knew I had seen them on peoples wall before so I figured it was just a personal preference but again thank you for informing me (:

Posted Nov 8, 2020
    Bob16077777 and It’s Coming. like this.
  5. Bump Bump Bump!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 23, 2020
  6. I would personally like to see this implemented. I always thought it was pretty cool when I've seen someone with an animated banner (@Toki) and I really would like the ability to have my own as well! Introducing this as an immortal perk would be pretty nice in my opinion, and gives another feature that is unique to the rank that would make it more special as well. I understand the importance of having to moderate it, but I still think it is something cool to consider and add, if not as an Immortal perk, perhaps as just something anyone can do in general. Great suggestion!

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  7. I've got nothing against the suggestion, unless storing a number of gif files that have a larger capacity ends up being an issue. Animated banners really add a lot to the aesthetic of a profile and it would be an excellent Immortal perk. As for moderating them, it should not be any different than the usual procedure for inappropriate usernames/banners, I don't think there is much space for loopholing it even though a gif is technically several images in quick succession.

Thanks to @Bob16077777 for linking the update suggestion thread, I've forgotten about it existing at this point. I sincerely hope the wall update is coming in the foreseeable future, it has been a while since the forums have been given any significant new features or changes. (Edit: fixed grammar)

Posted Nov 23, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 23, 2020
    Bob16077777 likes this.