• 1017 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5088 Players Online
  • 4071 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Immortal Shop Ideas

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Speedswipe, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Personally I am very impressed with what is available in the immortal shop, however many of the items you can customize cost an exorbitant amount of points. (Weapon Name 80k, Disguise 65k)
    My idea would be for the ability to create a custom title. This could easily use the command /title or if that is taken /ctitle.
    There could be 2 tiers for this. The first for 20-30k points would allow you to choose a stat from any game and display it above your head. For example:
    Total cakewars wins, total bridges kills.
    The second more expensive tier could cost 40-50k points and allow the user to make a fully custom title similar to the weapon names. Hopefully the player will be able to use color codes and formatting for a more personalized experience.

Please leave any feedback down below and I will make sure to respond thank you!

Posted Aug 10, 2020
    CrazyOfTim, Cardyceps, Im_Ken and 3 others like this.
  2. Hey!

I definitely see where you are coming with this, and I think that it's a really cool idea! I do have a couple of questions/comments regarding this, and I'll share below ^-^

First off, with your first tier title, are you displaying the win count, and having it constantly updated? Something like "1,027 Bridges Wins" or something of the sort? If it's like this, I think that could be really quite cool, especially people who have insane amounts of wins in a game (10k Minestrike, 30k Paintball, etc). I do want to consider having unique title names and such to treat the number with, although it'll take a good amount of work, because just saying # of wins in a game seems fairly boring (despite being a clear flex).

Now for your second tier, I think the use of color codes and whatnot would be amazing for customization and such! However, how can we hold players accountable for not being inappropriate with these title tracks? I feel as though this is something that needs to be considered before anything is decided.

From an overall standpoint, these cost quite a bit of Immortal points. The prices are justified, most definitely, however being able to unlock them after 2-5 months is still a long wait when putting into perspective. I remember someone saying that to get all Immortal point rewards (leaving out Immortal gifting and the gadgets) that'd it'd take 4 years to get enough points. I don't know if adding more to it is the best move when considering this point.

Love to hear more opinions on this because overall I really like this idea! Despite my concerns, definitely a +1 from me!
    Thank you for sharing,
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  3. In theory yes, it could either display 1 stat from one game or, an idea that I just had is that you pick one game and it cycles through the stats every second or so. For example if you pick Speed Builders it would cycle between "Speed Builders: 765 wins" and "Speed builders: 3403 Perfect Builds" or for cakewars: "CakeWars: 1365 wins" "Cakewars: 7912 bites" "Cakewars: 11076 kills" etc for each game you select.

In theory nobody is perfect, but I assume it would use the same checking system already seen in the pet names, and what I assume will be in the weapon names. Since customization already exists in weapon names I looked for other cosmetics that could changed by the player.
    The same with inappropriate pet names or player names it can be assumed that players will report others with inappropriate names and possibly the QA team will have access to remove or clear a player's title and punish them.

Thank you so much for your feedback hope I explained myself well

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2020
  4. Hey!

I like your idea, but I would change some things around. First off, I think that players should be able to have a title that displays their favorite games stats (for example, their Cake Wars wins) because a lot of people worked hard on achieving them and I think that they should be able to show them off. However, instead of it costing 20k-30k points, it should cost around 50k points because the title would be specifically for them (it wouldn't be a generic title that other non-Immortals would have). For the second tier, I think that it should cost the same amount or more as the custom weapon name because it is meant to be a more exclusive item. If the price was 40-50k points, more players would have it and it wouldn't be as rare.
    I think that if you were given the option to select multiple statistics from the game, it would make the 50k price more justified because the player would be given the option to make it more individualized.
    Overall, I like the addition of the custom titles but I don't agree on the pricing +.5

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  5. I think this would be a very cool idea to be honest. Having a specific stat appear above your head would be very cool and allow for more ways for players to show off their dedication towards that game.

I don't see the issues with introducing custom titles too.

I'm sure we could utilise the filter system that we currently have and implement it for titles too, much like we do for pet names. And, of course, anything inappropriate would be met with an according punishment from the staff team.

I do particularly like the idea of using colour codes to customise your personal title. It would allow for greater personalisation and freedom in making your title what you want it to be.

I think the cost for this shouldn't be anything greater 40k immortal points at most though, because anything above that would require a pretty long wait to unlock this feature.

Overall though, this concept is very thoughtful and I would support it being implemented on the network. +1 from me.

Posted Aug 10, 2020
  6. Thank you so much for the feedback! I do agree with your post somewhat in that the fully custom title should cost in the neighborhood of 70-80k shards considering that we would want it to be fairly rare.
    However, for simply being able to show your stats I think that 50k is quite high. Comparing this title to others that allow you to use Cosmetics you already have for example "All sword weapon names", axe weapon names etc. My thinking is you already have these weapon names so the price at 15-30k is reasonable. In the same way that you already have these stats and someone can simply /stats you.

Thank you as well for the feedback! I totally agree and this is the main reason I came up with this idea. I have seen numerous people already have custom titles such as Basically NPC for Cory and a few others so this could be a way for those who want to save up their points to be able to pick between weapon names and titles.

Additionally, many people aren't into PvP based games, they may not have a use for custom weapon names. This would allow them to be able to pick something else to customize.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 10, 2020
    YoungSavage220 likes this.
  7. Hey!

This idea seems pretty decent. Of course, being able to have more customization is always nice so I'm sure a lot of the community would be intrigued into this addition. Though this is my belief, there still needs to be limits to a custom title that's accessible to Immortal subs. Before I go into that, I'd like to talk about the tiers first. There shouldn't be two tiers, just one since having a tier system to an Immortal shop perk is sort of useless. And if there was a tier system, "Tier 1" should be a whole separate shop item, it doesn't necessarily correlate with a "Customizable title". Let's say this was added as it's own perk, this is how it would work. When looking through your titles, you'll see a "Stats" title and upon clicking it, you'll be greeted with another page in the book that displays all of the games that are live on Mineplex. Next, when you click on a game such as Cake Wars, it will show all the main stats that you can pick from for CW. Then you click the one you want and it will showcase under your name! Improving on the idea, possibly having more achievements for that game will change the color of the title? So it will start off at gray or a similar color, then as you start gaining achievements, the color will go to blue, green, red, and so on (this is just a concept on how the colors will work, not an exact order). That would be a cool addition to create more uniqueness towards the title. Also, this would cost 30k-50k points (whatever is best). Returning to the topic, the actual custom title should be alone as a shop item, same for the stats title, if they were implemented.

For the custom title, like I said, there needs to be limits to this, in my opinion. Obviously nothing inappropriate, hopefully a filter would be in place, but staff members are still going to have to punish for inappropriate titles since they can bypass the filter or make an inapp symbol, etc. Using colors is neat, but I'm not too fond on this. Yeah it would be cool to have access to, but it wouldn't look nice if everyone had a messy colored title. Possibly only being able to use one or two colors but still being able to bold it or whatever would work well.

Overall, I like the idea and with some modifications, it'd be a great implementation! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Posted Aug 11, 2020
  8. I like the use of the thesaurus to find the word "exorbitant". My English teacher would be impressed.

Posted Aug 11, 2020
  9. When I came up with the idea of Tiers I simply wanted to state that the 2 titles should be separate, I agree that they should definitely be 2 different choices.
    This sounds like the perfect implimentation!
    This is actually a pretty good idea! Either it changes based on achievement or overall stats similar to how the "Champion, Leveler and Gem Collector" titles work.
    Currently the custom titles use orange and yellow interchanging as the colors with white scribbles on each side. I think if the player is able to choose the message that flashes and 2 colors this could work well.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 11, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.