• 261 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8699 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Kit: Builder (Micro Battles)

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by ShrimpTempuraa, Jan 19, 2019.

1. I have been thinking about a new kit for Micro Battles that I think would be a cool addition to the game. What about a Builder kit? The player with the builder kit would start off with blocks in their inventory with a sword and 3 apples. The builder kit makes it so you do not have to mine blocks in the beginning. I would like to hear what you guys think about this kit.

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  2. I understand the idea and reasoning behind it, though I feel that it would be a bit OP and removes a core component of the game initially. Thus allowing the team to get quite a head start against any other team. I may be wrong but this is how I see it turning out.

-Doc

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  3. Maybe if it was an achievement kit?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2019
  4. Hey there! Could you specify which blocks you start off with and how many?

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  5. Perhaps, though the amount of blocks given at the beginning should be relatively limited.

-Doc

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  6. People are going to be rushing teams before glass falls instantly with this. Definitely not gonna be fun to play or defend against. Additionally, I feel as if getting blocks is a large part of the "wall" portion of the game, and beyond that too. They just seem too valuable, strategically, for a kit to get them at the start of a game. Being able to receive blocks instantly doesn't feel like it should be a given, in my opinion.

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  7. I feel like this would be pretty OP, considering one of the core components of Micro Battles is to gather blocks at the beginning of the game. If this were to be added, like said above the blocks in the player's inventory would need to be pretty limited to have some sort of nerf. How many blocks were you thinking? Do you want it as an achievement kit (like you mentioned as a question) or would you feel that it would be better if it were purchasable?

It certainly wouldn't be a fun kit to play against, since players would automatically rush, placing blocks to get over the glass tower, and this would not end well, in my opinion. Also, I don't think that Micro Battles needs another kit, let alone an achievement kit - the game is simple enough the way it is and I think that it should stay that way. Adding another kit could make things more complex, and the goal of the game is to be simple enough with simple kits.

I'm going to -1 the idea for now, but if you have any further improvements for the idea feel free to edit your original response. I'm interested to see what you have in mind.

Posted Jan 19, 2019
    HeyItsAdam likes this.
  8. I actually disagree that the kit would be OP, people's main complaint seems to be that people would rush over the wall right away, but even if you do that, it's still you vs the entire opposing team you rushed. That said, I still don't really like the kit- it seems like it would be competing with worker for it's style of gameplay. I do really want to see an achievement kit added to micro though, so keep em coming!

I would also like to counter @xUmbreon's point that the game does not need another kit. Micro battles is one of the few games to have not gotten gameplay content (aside from maps) since it's release. Because of that, it has gotten pretty stale for a lot of us older players, and many would like to see a new style of play introduced. I do agree, however, that the game should remain pretty simple.

Personally, I would like to see a kit that utilizes cobwebs but that's just me (I actually made a couple threads about it on Enjin but I was told it got forwarded to GI and never heard back from anyone).

Posted Jan 19, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 19, 2019
    ShrimpTempuraa likes this.
  9. While this generally would be true, it wouldn't be hard for a team of 4, 3, or possibly even 2, to easily coordinate a quick rush. If it is just yourself, then yes, it would yield to bad results a majority of the time, but I'm not sure players would spend time looking out for people coming over to their side 5 seconds in to the game.

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  10. Maybe you can't use those blocks when the wall is up? We could make it that way so it won't be so overpowered. We could give those blocks a different name so we can distinguish them from the normal blocks. That way, it wouldn't feel too bad to play against since you can't rush when the walls are up.

Also, will you get a block recharge every few seconds, or will it be just from the beginning? If so, how many blocks per seconds?

Overall, I wouldn't think that this is too bad of a kit because if we implement those ideas that I suggested, then it wouldn't be too overpowered nor too underpowered.

Keep on making suggestions, and have a great day!

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  11. I mean most people can get over with worker in about five-eight seconds anyways, and like you said it could be good if the team coordinates, but that's a strong IF, and arguably any kit could be super good if the whole team works together. From experience, there is almost always at least 1 or 2 opposing players who are wary of people hopping the wall, and even if you get your whole team to do it, the defenders still have low ground advantage to hit or bow you into lava.

Posted Jan 19, 2019
    HeyItsAdam likes this.
  12. Heyo,

A player like me that has lots of experience with Micro Battles would have to disagree. The kit doesn't feel unique with all the other kits. Besides, getting blocks don't make the kit overall better. You'd also have to explain the rate you get the blocks and maximum amount. Overall, I would not want this in Micro Battles as it doesn't seem that unique.

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  13. Ok, the kit itself seems to OP for how micro battles is right now. Bit I feel like if you change up the kit and the game a bit, it would be more balanced

Firstly make the glass walls actually tall to the point where you cant rush by climbing over. (They should've done this to begin with)

Secondly make a handicap of the blocks, for example maybe they disappear after a while, or they make the player who has the kit, slower every time they place the block, or they could downgrade the weapon from a wooden sword to even a wooden axe (or weakness would be fine.)

See how they would need to either need To change the game or the kit to fit the criteria for what the game allready is, and i feel as if the game is fine as it is, (other than the wussy human beings who just dig underground and stay there for eternity) the game doesn't need a new kit cause the game is allready balanced and fine. If it ever needed something new, it's new maps and bug fixes.

Posted Jan 20, 2019
  14. Probably dirt/wood/cobblestone. The amount that the player starts off with would be about 5-10 blocks

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2019
  15. I think it's too similar to worker, and would only really be useful around the start of a game, one reason being you only start with 5-10 blocks and you haven't mentioned that the player would continue to be given blocks either. As for it being OP, if you have a good team who are willing to rush a team with you at the start, you're already somewhat likely to win and you can rush (slightly slower) with worker too but worker will still stay useful throughout the whole game.

Posted Jan 20, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.