• 1130 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9568 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Kit For Skywars ( Java Edition )

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Minetoggler, Jul 5, 2019.

?

Is this kit good for mineplex?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 50/50

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. MAGE KIT (5000 coins) :

1. Get a Splash Potion ( 2 hp ) when you kill someone

2. You have 1 invisibility potion ( 20 seconds ) at the start of the game

3. You will get a slowness potion ( lasts 5 seconds ) , at the start of the game

(Please put if it is OP then I will debuff it, also you can give me ideas! So feel free to do so.)

Posted Jul 5, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 5, 2019
  2. I would say there could be a limit to the number of ender pearls you can get, to avoid it being too opI’d say 2 or 3. Other than that I’d say it would be a good kit. Just wondering, why is it java only why wouldn’t this work on bedrock?
    Edit: when I said “you can get” I meant to say “how many you can have at a time, sorry for the confusion I may have caused”

Posted Jul 5, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 5, 2019
    Minetoggler likes this.
  3. Thank you for your idea I added it in @rexh17 .

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 5, 2019
  4. I think this is a good idea for a kit, but the only problem is that I think it should take a little longer to get pearls so it is more spread out. But great kit idea!

Posted Jul 5, 2019
    Jango_55 and Minetoggler like this.
  5. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 5, 2019
  6. Splash Potion of Healing or Damage? If healing, then 2hp(potency 1) sounds good. If damage, then 4 hearts(potency 2) as it's a bit hard to land offensive potions. Invisibility for 30 seconds sounds good, though. Nice!

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  7. @Stank34 I’m not sure I feel I had damage potions I might be overpowering my it considering how much op it already is what do you think?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 5, 2019
  8. While I think the concept of this kit is nice, I don't think we need a change to Skywars really or any different kits. I already feel like our 4 elements theme of kits is good enough, and I feel like if we add anymore it will make the game too complicated. Also, ender pearls are really overpowered and if you start the game it normally can take up to a minute to get to mid, I personally feel like this is too strong of a kit.​

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  9. Love the concept but I do feel that this is way too overpowered compared to the other kits we have. Having a kit that gives you enderpearls ruins the point of air kit since a pearl is pretty much an extended leap with no cooldown. I'd remove the enderpearls part and stick to potions.

Posted Jul 5, 2019
    SpookVegetables likes this.
  10. Ok thank you @EmmaLie I will remove them!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 5, 2019
  11. Hey!

So, I think this kit could definitely work, but I think it might be too OP. I’ll start with the splash potion per kill. While I think it’s a great concept, I think there should be a limit to how many splash potions you get. I think maybe have the limit as 3 splash potions of healing per game? As I think having more will make the game less fun, as if you are getting lots of kills, you will probably have better loot than most people and if you get 2 hearts of health from a splash potion per kill, you become much harder to kill. So I’d limit it to 3 splash potions of health per game. I like the invisibility potion idea, I think that’s great. The fire aspect sword, I don’t know how to feel about that. Fire aspect was removed from sg for being too OP (I think) and I think adding one into a skywars kit might be a bit overpowered. I would prefer if there was a way to earn the fire aspect sword. For example, after 2/3 kills you get the sword, so it’s more of a reward than something you get instantly. That’s just my opinion. Overall, I really like this kit and I think with some tweaking it would definitely fit into skywars.

Thanks for the post!

Posted Jul 5, 2019
  12. Yo!
    Pretty interesting idea to say the least. However, I feel this kit still holds too much power for a skywars kit. My suggestion is to remove the fire aspect sword (although it is just a wooden sword, this can still do a ton of damage with the fire damage in skywars) and replace with with a slowness potion that would last 10-15 seconds. Along with this, I'd change the invisible effect to 20 seconds instead of 30 since that is way too long for a player to be invisible. Overall, I like the main idea for this kit and hopefully it will be added.

Posted Jul 5, 2019