• 638 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7484 Players Online
  • 6846 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned New kit to prevent cleaning strategy

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by BlackJesus, Apr 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In practically every survival games match I go into, I get cleaned up by someone. For those of you who aren't aware of that term, it means that someone comes up to you right after you fought someone else and kills you. So, in order to prevent this strategy, there should be a new kit added. This kit would heal you after every kill to full health, but has no other abilities. This could be a replacement kit to the achievement kit, as the achievement kit is practically useless now. What are your thoughts on this? I don't know about you guys, but I'd be using this kit every game.

Posted Apr 26, 2020
  2. I agree cleaning can be really annoying, but it's overly drastic to just remove it all together. The game would kind of become a lot of 1v1s, which just isn't the point of SG. That kit as it is would also be way too overpowered, though maybe something like the warrior kit in cakewars could be cool.

Posted Apr 26, 2020
    Paladise and Johnny Welamton like this.
  3. Thats why it would be the the achievement kit
    Not everyone has it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 26, 2020
  4. Ignore my 2nd sentence then. it's still overpowered and achievement kits should be balanced too

Posted Apr 26, 2020
    Paladise and Johnny Welamton like this.
  5. so I've actually been talking to people and according to them the new replacement for horse (Warlock) actually is an anti clean. Apparently you receive regen on hit in addition to the sword ability but It wasn't made very clear.

Posted Apr 26, 2020
  6. I just tried it out, and its not. And to xSusieLove achievement kits should give a slight advantage, as it took lots of work to get them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 26, 2020
  7. I just tried it too and it worked for me. I wasn't really paying attention so I don't know if it was for hit or kill, but I had regen after fights

Posted Apr 26, 2020
  8. I'd probably have to disagree with adding a new kit just to simply try and solve the problem of cleaning up in fights. I remember multiple people saying such good ideas for SG that would have probably improved the problem of cleaning up. There was an outstanding idea which some other servers use as well, which is having players spawn chests when they die, and then chests will contain everything from their inventory that they had before. The chest would eventually explode, so you aren't looking for weapons the whole time, and you re basically invincible for a couple seconds if you go and kill someone, especially when you are trying to open/use a chest. Maybe the player could also have Regeneration to fill up to the hearts they originally had before the fight, but that is just another suggestion. I am not sure if this idea got declined or accepted for future updates, but I definitely think an idea like this would be better than trying to add a kit that could possibly break game balance because of cleaning up. I am not totally sure if this would be true, but like it could make a huge difference when someone has 10 hearts after killing someone vs someone with 5 hearts after killing someone. This kit is like the bloodlust ability in champions, where instead of speed and strength when you get a kill, you gain some hearts for getting those kills. I don't think this would be a good idea to add in SG, and rather to prevent cleaning up, you could always think about some of the suggestions I posted, but I am not sure if they are still in discussion or got denied/accepted.

Posted Apr 26, 2020
    BlackJesus likes this.
  9. Despite cleaning being annoying strategy, that's what it is: a strategy. In situations like deathmatch, players have to strategize and avoid taking large amounts of damage from one player to prevent being easily killed by the other. Minecraft survival games have been like this for as long as they've existed, so I don't think that it'd be a good idea to change a crucial aspect of it. That being said, I'd certainly be happy with a kit that gives light regen on kills, but being cleaned should still be a threat and something that someone must plan around.

Hope that something gets added :)

Posted Apr 27, 2020
  10. Well the threat of being cleaned for most people would still exist, but for the people who have the achievement kit would just play more aggressively. And people refuse to fight each other because of the threat of being cleaned, causing the game to be dragged out more so than it already has.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 27, 2020
  11. i love u black jesus

Posted Apr 27, 2020
  12. <3

OP OP
  13. I really don't think cleaning up is that big of an issue that it requires a whole new kit to counter. You just need to be super aware of your surroundings in a game like SG. Tips:

-Clear up space in your inventory by throwing out stuff you don't need, so that when you kill someone instead of having to stand around sorting through stuff you can just pick up most/all of it immediately.

-If you can, try sort out your inventory in safer places, like in a building or just anywhere that's out of the open. If you can't, take a break every 5 seconds and have a look around (use F5 a lot).

-Be fast at sorting. This one will obviously take time to get good at but it's helpful, it usually takes me, at most like 10 seconds to sort through a pile of stuff, because my brain just instantly knows what I do and don't need. Use CTRL+Q to throw out stuff fast.

Cleaning up is a strategy and no one is wrong for doing it (and I'd be willing to bet that 90% of people who complain about cleaning up, will then themselves go and clean up others when they have the chance). The entire point of the game is to be the last man standing.

Posted Apr 27, 2020
    Pillowbro, Jaek, Xukuwu and 1 other person like this.
  14. JMPhase here are the following problems with cleaning:
    1: people are afraid of getting cleaned, so they refuse to fight each other at the end of the game, lengthening out the game more than it already is.
    2: it requires no skill, so a normal player can sing walk up to a PvP veteran and 1 tap them. This can lower stats, and is just a dumb playstyle to the game.
    3: the achievement kit is already worthless, and is much less powerful than the rest of the kits. It would provide a good reason for players to try and work towards the achievement kit, instead of looking at it and saying "what a waste of time"

OP OP
  15. I would suggest maybe something like the warrior kit from CW. Although the full health thing is a little OP I do believe the cleaning strategy can be very irritating. In this case the warrior kit providing around 3 hearts per kill. I could see something like that.

Posted Apr 27, 2020
  16. KrypticWare I do not think it would be overpowered, as it wouldn't have any other ability skills. It would give the player a more of a fair chance in the fight, and even then, would still have a disadvantage due to the fact that they have to go from 1 fight directly to the other

OP OP
  17. It’s just a suggestion, keep in mind, any kit would making unavailable for those with lower amounts of gems meaning not everyone could have this perk.

Posted Apr 27, 2020
  18. Considering the playstyle of a person using the kit I have suggested, it would only make sense that it be the achievement kit.

OP OP
  19. The passive ability of having the regeneration effect after every kill was removed from Barbarian when the new achievement kit came out, essentially allowing you to agro someone and play bloodthirsty for a reward of regenerating your health when you're low. Or, if you're low and there's afk people at spawn you can just kill those and they're free hearts. Honestly, from a long time SG player (at least I'd say, for playing 3-4 years straight), cleaning is an element of the game and you have to play strategic, you can't just be bloodthirsty and expect to win every time. And even when you're strategic, sometimes, you're unlucky and you're getting cleaned without even knowing it, but that's all apart of the game. If you were to add a kit to prevent cleaning that would just remove a key element to this game, and as xSusieLove said, it would inevitably turn out to be a game with mostly 1v1s and it would seem a lot similar to UHC meetup, with the meta like NoClean were to be in place. Overall, it's just... be the last man standing, you can do it any way. Noob, pro, as unexpected as you'd like. That's just my take.

Posted Apr 27, 2020
    JMPhase and SpitefulNick like this.
  20. I hate cleanups in PvP, but this really isn't the solution. I could imagine a situation like this: two people are fighting, one gets low, so of course, they turn around and run. The runner maybe has 2 hearts and the chaser has 5. The runner finds another low person/afk person/ too weak armor. The runner kills the person, instantly gets full health, and turns around to kill their chaser. Or, someone could simply kill steal to stop the health boost, then cleanup.

Posted Apr 27, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.