• 869 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5599 Players Online
  • 4730 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Legend Idea: The Staff of Levitation

Discussion in 'Clans' started by KyloRen1010, Jan 4, 2020.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. I am worried about balancing.

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. No.

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. I feel like many legends, currently, are primarily combat weapons and don't necessarily protect clan members in a large clash. To add variety and maintain balance, here is my idea for the Staff of Levitation without going into specific point, recharge, or damage values.

Description:
    Found from the depths of a dark, ancient power only resurfaced after the death of the civilization's exiled conquerer, this artifact harnesses the abilities to strip beings of their earth-bounding comfort and forces them to drift off towards the vast empty void...

Abilities:
    The Staff of Levitation could be a unique weapon upon the legends because it would do minimal base damage (as much as an iron sword) but could do a large amount of damage over time. Its power is similar to that of a shulker in that it raises a player to a certain height above the ground and once its effect wears off, the player drops to the ground and takes fall damage. A player would activate it by right-clicking and waiting for the ability to take effect (similar to the "Target Laser" for the Guardian kit in SSM).

In addition, it causes a silencing effect that temporarily disables abilities for the player. For example, if an assassin was affected by the Staff they would not be able to flash or recall until the effect wears off.

Usage:
    This can be used in a variety of scenarios. One possible usage of this weapon would be for the wielder to protect clanmates who are under attack by opponents. Using the staff, players using slower kits could escape faster kits (e.g. a knight could escape from an assassin chase) and recover or regroup with the clan. Another possible scenario is in terms of scaling bases. Although assassins can easily flash or blink onto bases, it is more difficult for players using a knight or mage class. Using the staff, the wielder can easily allow clanmates to rise upwards. The staff could also be used in combat for a legend user to single out certain players if swarmed by a clan.

My favorite possible usage of this weapon would be to counter moat-jumpers. If a moat-jumper was about to jump into a moat after fleeing from a fight, the staff wielder could levitate that player upwards and make the moat-jumper face damage from the opponents who chased them.

Balancing:
    I don't think this weapon would drastically tip the scales in terms of legend pvp. In a 1 v 1 scenario with ranged kits (such as assassin or ranger), it would be difficult for the legend to counter because it does not deal much damage in general (like the scepter). In a 1 v 1 scenario with kits such as mage (specifically void, ice prison), the legend would easily be lost. In a 1 v 1 scenario with kits like brute or knight, the legend would easily be able to counter because they are slower and the legend user could easily retreat. During a group fight, this legend is at its best because it would allow clans to single out players temporarily in an OPEN SPACE and focus on the players not affected by the legend.

One thing I would like to note is that the staff cannot be used on the player wielding it. If they fall into a moat they may be able to get other players out (at a certain height) but not themself.

Now, if two players both had a full legend set except one was lacking the Staff of Levitation, I do not believe the Staff would give an advantage to the other player in a 1 v 1. Like a silencing arrow, the wind blade would not be affected nor the alligator tooth. They can still easily escape the Staff's effect and with a wind blade, they wouldn't take fall damage.

Conclusion:
    For further emphasis, I would like to highlight that I see this potential legend as a weapon that can really benefit in clan vs. clan duels but not specifically in 1 v 1 duels. It has its advantages against certain kits but not against all. On an end note, I think it would be fun to make players float around during a battle.

Any thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions? Comment below!

Posted Jan 4, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 5, 2020
    GAM and Karrrrl124 like this.
  2. I don't like the concept. I like as a clans player to be able to pick off players in a large group. This goes against that.

Posted Jan 4, 2020
    KyloRen1010 and GAM like this.
  3. Agreed, it is very satisfying to win 3 v 1s against entire clans. However, with this weapon the point would only be for a certain range. If opponents stray far enough away from a clanmate who is the staff user, then you can still pick them off.

In a fight against a legend user as an assassin, I think we can both agree that we'd probably have difficulty killing the legend player on our own anyways.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 5, 2020
    GAM and Karrrrl124 like this.
  4. I'm confused as to how this staff would work, would it shoot a laser like static laser? Would it be able to target groups or only single players? Would allies take fall damage and be silenced?

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    KyloRen1010 likes this.
  5. In my post, I specified that the staff would act similar to the Target Laser in SSM. The target laser attracts a player that you look at and after about 2-3 seconds it automatically does damage. In this case, the laser would do no damage but start the effects of the legend. You can strafe scepter but you cannot strafe this staff.

Ideally, overtime it could target entire groups but the player wielding it would need to target one player at a time. I think it would be unbalanced to make an entire clan rushing be defenseless for 3-4 seconds.

I actually didn't think about allies taking fall damage. The legend can be used strategically like the Magnetic Maul. A player could troll allies and clan members with it but do so at their own expense. On the other hand, I can confirm that they would not be silenced. It is just like scepter, you can hit them with it but they don't take the damage.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2020
  6. Would be a bit of if u ask me bcoz u can just make them levitate then they can't do anything so u can do anything at range.I think it would need a bit of balancing

Posted Jan 7, 2020
    KyloRen1010 likes this.
  7. I like this idea and seems like you did a lot of work to make this thread and put a lot of thought into it. Personally, as much as I would like to see a new legendary, I highly doubt another one would come into the game soon. I'd rather see other things though like balancing updates, fixing sieges, and new events/raid.

Posted Jan 8, 2020
  8. Where would you get the legend from? Does it have the same drop percentage as the other legends or is it something like the scythe where it is much harder to get?

Posted Jan 9, 2020
    KyloRen1010 likes this.
  9. Agreed, this definitely isn't needed immediately. I would much rather see plenty of new bug fixes, perhaps new champions abilities, and balancing (especially with assassin so there could be some actual variety in clans). I posted it now so there is plenty of time to consider it between future updates.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2020
  10. I would think so, it is a legendary weapon. It would be a cool drop if a new raid was added though.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 13, 2020
  11. I like the idea of a new legendary that can be very useful in a large clash of players. One big flaw with it is that this would make certain situations one sided very quickly. For example, sins will be practically useless against this and while this isn't necessarily a bad thing, the legendary doesn't have many counters against it that will make it more balanced in fights. If the legendary were added this would make for a good reason to keep an offensive ranger when attacking a base. Despite everything I have said I would personally love this legendary to be added although with some balancing.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
    KyloRen1010 likes this.
  12. Needs some balancing, though most of the balances have already been mentioned above. Think it would be a neat item to have though.

Posted Jan 20, 2020
  13. For those who play Overwatch, I believe this legend would function similarly to Sigma's ultimate showcased here: Go to 1:29

Posted Jan 22, 2020
    KyloRen1010 likes this.
  14. Kind of like that. They float up and then they drop (except the legend user doesn't float up). Everyone is talking about balancing though and this could be an interesting point. What if the player wielding the staff floated up along with the other players floating up, immobilizing them from participating in a fight with other weapons (such as an axe or a sword)? When the player wielding the staff falls downwards with the other players they lifted, they would take fall damage while the staff wielder doesn't.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 22, 2020
    Psta likes this.