• 498 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8892 Players Online
  • 8394 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New legend ideas and changes

Discussion in 'Clans' started by BraniacAttack, May 1, 2021.

?

Is the Excalibur a good idea?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Trash

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. With changed

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. In 1.8.9 there are 12 music discs which means 4 new possible custom items or legends as we currently have 8 legends. We currently have 2 attack legends (hyper and scythe) 3 mobility legends( lance, wind, and tooth) and 3 unique legends ( maul, scepter, and broad) I feel like all the legends are pretty balanced now that people have figured out how to use legends except the scythe and scepter.

The scythes skull it shoots is pretty pointless and really only clears items which is dumb and in my opinion should be replaced. Maybe a aoe ability would be cool like apply wither on right click to everyone in a 5 block radius.

The meridian scepter single handedly the best legend in the game currently. I don’t think we need to change the mechanics of how the scepter works as that would make a lot of people mad and be a lot of work. I feel the best possible way to nerf the scepter would be to simply lower its damage by 25%. That way to a normal person it would do 3 hearts allowing the person to live a extra scepter attack. This would make sceptering from inside your base a lot less effective while also making it still useful in combat. This would mean brutes take 6 hearts per scepter and void mages take 1.5 hearts per scepter hit. This is the best and the easiest way to nerf the scepter.

New legend ideas? I believe we have room for another attack legend.
    King Excalibur
    Bio: Legends tell of a story about a boy who pulled this sword out of stone and would become a king. Until of course he fell at the hands of Charles Witherston.

Abilities: On left click it swipes doing 10 damage. This would be a aoe attack dealing damage in a cone.

Right click: mighty give yourself resistance 1 or 2 on right click for 5-12 seconds. Similar to how the hyper axe works meaning how you could get a speed or a speed 3 hyper you could get a resistance or a resistance 2 Excalibur. This would get rid of the reliance on hold pos and spice up the meta.

How to nerf void mage? Currently void mage makes you take 4 less damage which means combined with a ok reinforced set -8 you would get 7.2 damage reduction meaning a POWER SWORD wouldn’t even tickle him. I believe that we should change it to resistance Instead of straight damage reduction. I believe the most fair way of handling this would give void mage resistance 3 and get rid of the slowness. This means void mage would still get outclassed by hold pos, but they would be faster and not have a cool down allowing for out play.

Posted May 1, 2021
  2. Howdy! For a start, I like how much time and effort you put into this thread, it really shows. For the wither skull ability on the scythe, to put it simply that's a bug. It'll probably get fixed eventually, so we just have to wait and see. The scepter indeed is a bit overpowered, and I believe a pretty good way to fix this would be making the cooldown longer, and decreasing the damage as you said.

As for a new legend, I'm not really sure the game needs one / will get one for a while. However I like the detail you put into it, and it sounds pretty neat :)

Posted May 1, 2021
    BraniacAttack likes this.
  3. I love your creativity! Although some of your creativity looks a bit copied. (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bgcDrCT-cKB1RSqiTV5ZRNFYCSQe56L0WfQ2s43np_M/edit) This is a link to a Clans Insights (CI) doc where the CI discussed new ideas to balance legendries. Under the Scythe you can clearly see the exact same idea that you came up with. The wither effect within a 5 block area to replace the wither skull.

As for your scepter nerf idea's I would recommend to take a look at the CI Public Board (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aNjMkyPRfn8rwl1KudqOvNZ4Ei9X9gXog4B8qCiCi_8/edit) go here and look near the top and you will see a link to a public board made by the CI going over seggestions. Some of the changes to scepter listed in this link is less damage, longer cooldown (3 seconds), and fixing the brute damage bug.

Keep up the good creativity though!!

Posted May 4, 2021
  4. No it wasn’t copied I just pulled a random number from my head and 5 block radius sounded fair

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2021