• 2311 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10749 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Minigame: Area 51 Raid (09/18/19)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by BlueBeetleHD, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Hey!

I’m really excited about the new game. I really used to enjoy castle siege and this little twist on it is really enjoyable for me. I also really enjoy the new theme in the hub; i really enjoy the fresh look as it helps keep things interesting.

Posted Sep 19, 2019
    Mohawk2 and Jocoe like this.
  2. This game has been very fun so far, there was definitely a lot of work put into it.
    I’m also really excited to see alien invasion making a comeback. I remember having a blast playing the game when it first came out since I really enjoy dragon escape.
    Can’t wait to grind Area 51 raid over the weekend ;). Looking forward to more updates

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  3. first acceptable decision mineplex has made since i started highschool and im graduating in less than a year but this ladies and gentlemen is a very acceptable decision it's like bush' invasion of iraq level acceptable from bolton's point of view
    --- Post updated ---
    lol yeah right that's what they said about the invasion of iraq too

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    CoolCreeperMC and Mohawk2 like this.
  4. I really want to play this game, but I am on Bedrock

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  5. The rewards in this gamemode are insane

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  6. I like the Area 51 update because the alien invasion game came back. However, I have one question: What is the purpose of the alien event?

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  7. It is related to the Area 51 meme that appeared a few months ago. A person created a Facebook event titled "Storm Area 51, they cannot stop all of us" scheduled for September 20 (which would be today). The idea behind it was that the US government is hiding aliens inside the facility, as well as other things that don't actually exist (Red Bull that gives actual wings, toothpaste that 10/10 dentists recommend instead of 9/10, Minecraft 2, spaceships etc.). Then, a lot of memes (naruto running, kyles, chads, karens) were merged into the Area 51 meme, labelling these as raiders. Hopefully that's what you meant by that question.

Both the hub and the two minigames are limited time only, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

Posted Sep 20, 2019
    CoolCreeperMC likes this.
  8. This Is One Of My Favorite Events! Thank You!, I Think This Game Is Balanced, Other Than The Shards :3 THANK YOU MINEPLEX!

Posted Sep 20, 2019
  9. Lol, impossible to win as raider. The machine gun is so OP. Rewards are good if your're on the military side. Immediate disconnect if I'm part of the raiders.

Also how the hell is the sniper so inaccurate? Missing point blank, machine gun is far better.

Best tip for this gamemode: pick military every time, you'll have more fun and earn more rewards.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  10. Removed this because I didn't know that the game had changed.

Posted Sep 21, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 21, 2019
  11. Hey! This game is amazing! I especially love how I can have Speed I, Regen III, AND The jump boost all at once! What a great shard grab! Thank you!

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  12. This game is awesome! Powerful rewards, even more! +1 from me, thank you guys for making it.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  13. do you honestly not know how the awp works? have you not played minestrike or any CS game even once?... stand still, scope, aim, click, profit.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  14. This game is sooo good for XP!

I'm going to be really sad when this game goes away but it'll be fun to enjoy while it's here :)

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  15. They nerfed it, in case you haven't played it recently :/

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  16. not the xp lol, xp is the same

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  17. Well after playing some more and wasting 20k shards on an illuminated chest that gave me a pet pig I'm surprised how Mineplex servers struggle to maintain only 50 players. Seriously what even is this.

Insane lag all the time in minecraft of all games. I wonder where all the money goes cuz it's clearly not into the servers.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
  18. All the money goes into the devs, id guess, those boys work hard and deserve it

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  19. I'm going to be completely honest here, I thought that "Chopper Acquired" title would be extremely hard/impossible to get (being to be the one raider to bring the alien to the chopper). After playing many games yesterday, I finally managed to get it, and I celebrated so hard when I did it...

...and then I did it 3-4 more times within the next few hours. I know it's a limited-time game, but I actually do really love it. Only things I would want to be fixed are: M4A4 being nerfed (BADLY), and fixing the bombs/explosives- sometimes you throw them and they break the iron bars you want broken, other times you throw them right where there are iron bars and nothing (or maybe 1-2 iron bar) break. That one definitely seems like a bug or just trying to be realistic (...?).

Other than that, loving it!

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  20. Trash gamemode, didn't even load for me and when I tried to play on another computer I had like 5 FPS.

Posted Sep 23, 2019