• 1479 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3563 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Nano Game: Bone Hunt

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Liftsy, Oct 24, 2018.

1. I have been toying with Cakewars in an MPS, and made up a fun game called bone hunt. I think it would be a really fun nano game. Basically, you start out in a barrier container. In-front of you is a big (14x14x14) cube made of brown wool, with 8 "Bones" in it. A bone would be a 2-block-long structure, made of endstone. You start out with haste and shears so you can insta-mine wool, and whoever finds all 8 bones first wins the game. The bones are evenly scattered within the block of brown wool, and the top of the wool block would be green, like a grass block. There would also be a 3 minute timer, inspired by the below comment by Animalll.

Posted Oct 24, 2018,
    Last edited Oct 24, 2018
  2. Hey!

This does sound like a cool idea. However, it might take too long for nano games. Even though, there are some three minute games, this sounds like it could take more than three minutes which isn't the point of nano games. Unless I am not understanding the game concept properly, (which is very possible) I would say there would need to be more though put into it and that it would need to be shorten down a bit. However, this is a cool concept.
    Keep working hard! :sigils:

-Animalll

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  3. Hey!

This does indeed sound like an interesting concept. A 14 sized cube would be big enough for the game to work well, and having to find special structures within it is interesting. However, I have a concern: won't it be too similar to 'Ores Ores Ores'? Both have the same general idea: mining to find ores/bones to win points. Also, 3 minutes might seem a bit long for such a game, as people could get bored quickly. Maybe replacing bones by chests with some sort of points or loot in them would work better?
    At this time, I think your idea needs to be developed a bit more in order to make it more creative and original. Keep up the good work though!
    I'll give it +0 at this time.

Nicodami

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  4. Yo,

As Nicodami said, there's already a game in Nano Games named, "Ores! Ores! Ores!" where you mine blocks to find random ores to earn points. Also, 3 minutes does seem a bit too long, I would shorten it down to 2 at the most. One question I have is how will a player find all 8 bones if other players mined them? The way it sounds paints it out to seem like you have to find all 8 bones before any of the players find one and that would be next to impossible if the other players aren't AFK. If you could clarify in your post whether you meant that, or if the bones would only disappear on the players who mined them (seems like it would be hard to code so I like the chest idea Nico had).

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  5. Hello,
    although it has quite a few similarities to 'Ores! Ores! Ores!' it's still a pretty interesting idea. My first concern would be the look of the game as what you described the map and bones to be didn't sound very appealing. I think that it would be way nicer in a setting with mountains/hills around it and where the bones are hidden in a mix of the different dirts to break up the texture. In my opinion three minuets is a little too long for a game with this concept as mining around often isn't the most exciting thing.

If the bones were two blocks of endstone It would look a little weird and not very identifiable as what you're intending them to be. I also think that the brown wool would be better off as dirt - so you would start with a shovel instead of shears as it sets the theme a little better.​
    Keep working on your ideas!

Posted Oct 24, 2018
  6. I think the concept of this idea is pretty cool! Obviously it's been stated above that is has some glaring similarities to 'Ores! Ores! Ores!' but I feel as though the intensity would increase in this gamemode. Because there is a very limited amount of bones to find, players will most likely pick their locations to shear more carefully. I do, however, agree with the comments above about the map not necessarily having a certain appeal and being a bit bland. Overall, not a bad idea!

Posted Oct 26, 2018
  7. I accept the fact that this nano game will never be added. Overall, i can still play in an mps. That's all! (Please close this thread)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 26, 2018