• 2053 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4632 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Nano Game for Quick: Melon Wars!

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Snowing_, Dec 31, 2019.

1. I always liked bullying people in lobbies with the Melon Gadget, so why not make it into a game!

This game is very simple and works like this:

The arena would like like this:

https://imgur.com/Pr0SUTN

This is so that it doesn't take forever to get hit off the edge with it, and it makes it more fun because you have to watch out for the holes!

Melons will also fly out and you can eat them to gain Speed 2 for a few seconds like in the lobby.

Tell me what you think!

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  2. I think that this is a good idea however I feel it may easily become quite frustrating because of how you have made the arena. I think the game idea would definitely work well in Nano Games however i feel like the arena you have designed definitely needs some changes/developments.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  3. Hello there!

I think the concept of using the melons is a fun thing, and it does have potential. Using the melons to knock others off makes sense, but there's one potential issue I see with this being added. I feel like it is really just a repeat of other NANO Quick games we already have, as there are others that have the theme of not getting knocked off, just with different weapons. Because of that, I'll give this a +0 because the theme is cool but I'm not sure if it would be too similar to other games to be added.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    Snowing_ likes this.
  4. I agree, this is a simular concept to a lot of the other NANO games.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  5. Hey Snow! How's it going?

I like this idea. I too have found some fun in bullying people in lobbies with gadgets and I think that a mini-game in quick would be fun as well. However, like @Tilgorn/LifesaverGummies I think that it's closely similar to other Nano Games. For example, there are two games in Quick that are based off of the same principle of hitting people off and I think including yet another one could be confusing. However, the games inclusion of melon launchers to hit people off could actually make it unique and fun. That being said, I feel that with a little bit of extra detail and features that make this idea really stand out it could definitely work. Maybe you're trying to complete some sort of parkour, but at the same time people are trying to hit you off with melons? Maybe the map is extremely small and you have to be very strategical? Either way, I feel that with some extra stuff added to this idea it has the potential to be a really fun game and I can't wait to hear back form you on what that might look like. I'm going to leave this as +0 for now but I'd definitely love to see more.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    Snowing_ likes this.
  6. Hello!

I love the concept of this idea, and could definitely see this becoming a nano game with a few tweaks. Tweaks and modifications are needed for the current time of this idea because, like stated above me, how this game is already similar to another nano game. However, I do like the overall idea of the game, and think that it is possible for this idea, with modifications and tweaks, to get it implemented!

On to the idea though, like I have already said I like the concept of this idea, and love how creative and unique it is! However, I think players would find it a bit frustrating about how easily they could die so quickly. To ovoid this, I would suggest that these maps made for this game would have multiple holes in the ground itself. Just not every other block rather more random spacing's, and not as many as holes as there were in the picture you provided. I am not worried, at all, about a better way to knock players off the map. Considering, you did a great job deciding this very key essential. It is extremely creative and love the thought you put into that! To help better differentiate this game and the other current nano game. I think a few things could be added to help this idea become more unique from the other game. My modification also makes the game last a bit longer which could potentially be better since it is not a mini-game in a nano game like "Quick." To start off, there would be platforms, and both would have the same layout as I described above with melon blocks. There would also be glass barriers on the sides that connect the first and second platforms. This is to ensure all players would be going to the second platform instead of getting knocked out of the map itself. All the players would, of course, start on top of the first layer and they would begin the game by knocking players off/down to the second layer. Once the game has been running for around thirty seconds, the first platform would then start to disappear. The blocks on the first platform disappear sparsely and randomly until all the blocks on the first platform disappear. That certain phase of the game would take around fifteen seconds to get rid of the whole first platform overall. But when the game starts, there would be a timer that would tell you when the first platform would begin to disappear. This is to make the individual nano game run more smoothly. Even if more layers would be added to create the game a little more time consuming than a minute nano game. That would also be fine to make the players not die as quickly as they would with only one layer.

Overall, I love the concept of the overall idea , and think that if my modifications were added. They would make the game more unique and different from another nano game, and it would create a longer game play experience even though it is just a nano game. I am simply here saying all of this because I would love to see this implemented because of the main creativity essential which are the use of the melon gadgets. I think it would be a great addition, and cannot wait to hear what you have to say about it! Thank you for suggesting!

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  7. This sounds a lot like the concept of other nano games, but I can agree that this does seem kind of fun. I'm not sure about the arena though. It just seems a bit to holey?? I feel like players would fall constantly, and if may get frustrating for people who aren't the best at the game. Then again, it isn't too hard running sideways. There are already games where you knock off players as I mentioned, but I mean you could always swap the old ones out for something newer and different. The speed 2 is something I wouldn't mind, though I don't know if it is completely necessary. I understand that this is a quick game, so I think this should stay as simplistic as possible. I feel like I wouldn't oppose to this being added, though I don't want quick games to feel a little repetitive.

Posted Dec 31, 2019
    saltyfishhy likes this.