• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Nano Game Idea!- Destroy the map

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by ARareBlackBear, Mar 14, 2019.

?

Good Idea?

1. YA! (Please give feedback)

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. NA! (please give feedback)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. ARareBlackBear

ARareBlackBear

Hello, I had this cool idea for nano games called "destroy the map" or a different name that's what I had in mind.

THE OBJECTIVE
    Players are given 5 minutes to destroy as many blocks as possible, the player that destroyed the most blocks win!

THE MAP
    The map would have a certain amount of blocks (5000, maybe more, maybe less) and would be surrounded by bedrock box (I used a 60x60 box in my exaple *Not Shown), so the players couldn't get out by blasting a hole in the wall.

KIT(S)**:

Thrower: All players get TNT every 4 seconds. Maximum of 5 TNT in hotbar. The TNT would be able to be thrown 8 blocks.

**The Title (KIT(S)) has the S in there because I think if not a Nano Game maybe a real Minigame with two other kits I decided not to put in this thread.

Please give feedback and thoughts on this idea!
    And please do the poll. THANKS!

Posted Mar 14, 2019
  2. BuySomeApples

BuySomeApples

Thread Moved to New Game Discussion

It seems like it would be similar to the Nano Game Ores Ores Ores where you mine as many different ores as possible within a certain time limit, the different being you're going for ore instead of just mining as many blocks as possible. Although, I can see it getting a bit bland since you're just trying to mine as many blocks as possible, and not actually going for anything specific, considering there's already a game very similar to this like I mentioned.

It could be interesting if you received TNT as well, so you could balance time between mining blocks and throwing the TNT every 4 seconds, but that may still be a bit dry without any other features. Also keep in mind that Nano doesn't actually have any sort of kits, and I don't think this would work as its own stand alone game, unless there were more features added to the gameplay.

Lastly, 5 minutes is probably a bit too much for a Nano Game, especially one that's this style. I'd cut it down to maybe 2-3 minutes like Ores Ores Ores or Nano Wizards, just so it doesn't drag on too much and so it fits in better with the rest of the Nano rotation. If you have any further ideas I'd love to hear them!

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  3. wixco

wixco

Hii! I definitely like the basis of where this game could go. It is a little similar to the already existing Nano Game based on mining ores, however, I think if the idea had some more strategic elements it would be more differentiable. For example, instead of having that be a kit, just automatically have it be a part of the purpose of the game. So give players a set amount of TnT to start out with and they have to strategically think about when to use it. You could also maybe add in some blocks on the map that give extra TnT, etc. That's just one idea of course, but maybe think about some more strategic sort of angles for the game, but I definitely like the idea!

Have a nice day!

~mary

Posted Mar 20, 2019 at 9:34 PM
  4. Snowwii

Snowwii

Maybe a name like "Blocks! Blocks! Blocks!" to be like the Ores game name? Idk good idea.

Posted Mar 20, 2019 at 9:51 PM
  5. AceSJus

AceSJus

This idea sounds quite bland; maybe you can add a couple more elements to the game to make it more enjoyable. For example, some blocks may be worth more than others, and receiving the ability to enchant a pickaxe as you destroy more blocks. I do like how you started out with the Thrower kit, as it will be up to players when and where to place TNT. With a little more work, this idea would surely be a viable option for developers to consider.

Posted Mar 20, 2019 at 11:17 PM
  6. ~DuvL_

~DuvL_

Hey!
    Yeah, I like the idea of this, however, it is very similar to the Nano Game ore ores ores. Maybe come up with a new title? Or maybe give us a different thing to destroy? Like yeah I get it. You want to destroy the map, but maybe be a bit more specific on how we could do that? Mining or bombing or however we want it to. Players get to choose their own weapon of destruction would be a good idea. They are just some rough ideas. Ignore these ideas if you wish.
    Thanks,
    SmokingIsBad4U

Posted Mar 21, 2019 at 3:49 AM
  7. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

Hmm, interesting idea. I like the sound of it, although not sure if the exact idea you’re suggesting will be made into an actual Nano game. There’s already a similar game to it, called “Ores, Ores, Ores” and in that game you need to destroy as many ores in order to win. The game you’re suggesting is very similar to that one. I’d say try to make it differ a little more. 5 minutes is also a little too long for a nano game, since the whole purpose of Nano Games is to provide games that are quick challenges.

So overall, I like your idea, I just think it needs a bit more expansion and differentiation.

Posted Mar 21, 2019 at 6:15 AM
  8. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

I appreciate the concept that you have, but this is similar to one of the Nano games, "Ores, Ores, Ores." I do not believe that this game will be approved, so I recommend that you try to make some of the changes that you have. It has to be like completely different, so the players will think it is not going to be exactly almost the same. The game does not suppose to last like 5 minutes as it is too long for the game to complete. I recommend that it should last like 2 minutes.

Although, like what they have said above is that you might want to add more explanations to the idea of what you have. Overall, that is still a great idea that you have!

Posted Mar 21, 2019 at 9:07 AM
  9. Callum5771

Callum5771

Hi!
    I love the idea of destroying a map, don't get me wrong, doing something you're not normally allowed to do as part of a game is great fun, so I commend you for that idea :D
    As others have said above, it is similar to Ores Ores Ores (Nano Game) and Dragons. Based on this idea, maybe we should add a TNT kit into Dragons? Feel free to take that idea further if you wish to :)
    Thanks for suggesting this!

Posted Mar 21, 2019 at 4:25 PM
  10. ATruePitato

ATruePitato

Heyo!

I absolutely crave this idea! Like Callum5771 stated above, players and staff are allowed to do some fun stuff that they normally can't do as a regular game. I think this will do great in the Nano Games category...keep on making amazing suggestions!

Thanks.

Posted Mar 21, 2019 at 4:32 PM
  11. Jaekub

Jaekub

Hi!

I think what you have is a great idea, but we already have the Nano Game Ores, Ores, Ores. I think adding this wouldn't be beneficial to the server as there is already a game similar to this concept. I'm going to stay neutral for now, because this could work as a Mixed Arcade game.

Posted Mar 21, 2019 at 6:05 PM
  12. TeaSpiller

TeaSpiller

Heyo!
    I have to be honest I'm not a fan of this idea, I like the concept but It would be too similar to Ores Ores Ores which from what I've noticed not a ton of people enjoy. The kit as-well seems too 'op' I think it would cause some players to lag or to use the tnt for bad purposes. Keep up the great concepts though and I wouldn't mind seeing a similar game added into Mixed Arcade.

Posted Mar 21, 2019 at 6:20 PM
  13. RaggedDan

RaggedDan

An amazing concept, similar to the Ore mining game.
    The only real issue I can conceive of with this is the speed of mining could have a bad impact on framerate and maybe cause lag on the server.

Posted Mar 21, 2019 at 6:28 PM
  14. darkmeen

darkmeen

Hello! ^^

Even this idea sounds pretty fun, there already is a game which is based on the same idea, the Ores game, which is a pretty loved game by the community.
    Besides, 5 minutes for a Nano game is way too much and that's not the concept of the Nano games. They are supposed to be fun, various and fast. Your idea sounds fun and I'd like to try it but I'm afraid it doesn't really fit for a Nano game.

Posted Mar 21, 2019 at 6:45 PM
  15. SudL

SudL

nano = no kits but good idea in general. lol

Posted Mar 22, 2019 at 1:49 PM