• 808 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3387 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New nano game idea - nano speed builders

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by theconqueror12, Jun 18, 2019.

?

Good Idea?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OK! I've got an idea for a nano game. I think a nano-build battle would be a cool/fun little mini-game. It can be a simplified version of speed builders, I'd personally enjoy this and I think other people would too!
    --- Post updated ---
    whoops, I meant nano-speed builder

"I think a nano-build battle would be a cool/fun little mini-game."

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  2. Hey there!
    This seems like a great way to bring together many players and increase nano game's variety of games. Although I think that this may be a great idea and will definitely give more towards nano games, I think that I have a few concerns that go along with it but let's hop on straight to the positive before going into any concerns.

Well, first off I love building. Although I consider myself a newbie at building, I find it so mesmerizing, especially when done right! I love showing off my creative side through my builds. I've always stuck to small builds like hotels or houses and I found myself having so much fun doing them. I think masters builders (for exampe) already is a great game which helps players not only show their talent in building but also learn from other builds. Creating a mini-speed builders game would be great to teach players how to seriously build in a certain time frame, challenging them severely and really bring together effective builders who aren't as keen to play a 5 minute round of master builders.

Anywho, I think that although this idea is definitely a great way to bring together a lot of players who share many talents and traits, it really creates an alternative game that might be a bit unncessary. I think that as of now speed builders is probably one of the most popular options when joining Mineplex and with that in mind, creating a shorter gamemode very very similar to the original might stray others from actually playing the original one. I think that players shouldn't have to debate over which one they'd rather play since it might cause many players to stop playing speed builders and join nano games more often which might cause a little distruption in speed builder queues but then again you never know what to expect, this could work out perfectly and give others another place in building and creative opportunity.

I still don't see how exactly this would work out since speed builders is already a pretty small and quick game. The build ratio given is pretty small and doesn't demand much and since it's pretty much based on player count and time, I this mini-speed builders idea wouldn't be as different as the normal one. Having a shorter amount of time per build will probably just make it a little harder for others so really this idea suggests having a 'smaller' platform for building in another game with a shorter time expectancy.

I think that overall this idea is pretty interesting but I don't know how exactly this gamemode would fit in with the overal expetancy of nano games. Speed builders itself doesn't really fit into that quick n' challenging criteria so I wouldn't think a shorter speed builders would be a great addition to nano games. Sorry if I did come out to strict on this post aha but I really wanted to get it all out there. Great thinking though I haven't seen anyone come out with something similar as of yet. Keep it up, I hope to see more from you in the future! -0.5

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  3. Nano Games already has Copy Cat which is more or less the same concept as speed builders but quicker and simplified, copying a template and moving through rounds with increasing difficulty -- So because Copy Cat is a thing, adding another Nano game mode like this doesn't sound necessary

Posted Jun 18, 2019
  4. [​IMG]
    Thread Moved to New Game Discussion.
    I don't really like this idea in my opinion. I feel like we're trying to make too many of Minepelx's games "nanoized". I feel like it's not worth it to make our games faster and turning them into nano games. We've done it with Gladiators, and that worked out well. Since Speed Builders is already a game with 8 players, it's fairly fast paced as it is. I really don't see the point in making this into a nano game, nor do I think it's necessary. There are so many other better games we could introduce into nano games that are more original and would attract more players. By making a nano speed builders, we're turning away players who play speed builders and having them play an already popular game. Plus, it doesn't make sense to make a "nano" version of an already "nanoized" game? Speed builders was meant to be a faster version of master builders, so I don't see a point in having it in nano games. In my opinion, it's a -1 from me.

Posted Jun 18, 2019