• 502 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2566 Players Online
  • 2064 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Nano Game Idea - Quick! Unscrambale the word!

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by ATruePitato, Mar 21, 2019.

?

Do you think this should be added?

This poll will close on Jul 21, 2027 at 7:08 PM.
  1. Yes, I'd like to see this!

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No thanks, I'd rather not see this in-game.

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Heyo!

So, I was thinking of a new Nano Game idea suggestion! This game will be called, "Quick! Unscramble the word!" However, this might not fit on peoples screens, so if you'd like to change the name please do so! :)
    Main Goal;
    The main goal of this suggestion is basically to unscramble the word that appears on the screen! For example if you had the scrambled word prison it'd be like, "nopsir," and players would have to unscrambale it and type it in chat. Once someone gets it right, it shouldn't appear for others to see it. The player with the least amount of time taking to unscrambale a word wins! However, there will be multiple words. A word like prison would be at round one, then you can escalate from there.

I understand that there's one big issue with this, "chat flooding." The chat will be filled with answers, and people trying to guess, so after doing one guess there would have to be like a 1.50-2.50 second cooldown.

Round words;
    What would the round words look like? Well, here's some examples;

Round 1 = Prison scrambled
    Round 2 = Diamond scrambled
    Round 3 = Emerald scrambled
    Round 4 = Reaction scrambled
    Round 5 = Crumbled scrambled
    Round 6 = Bamboozled scrambled
    Round 7 =
    (Relief Round) - Vibration scrambled
    Round 8 = Electron scrambled
    Round 9 = Abbreviation scrambled
    Round 10 = Supercalifragilisticexpaladocious scrambled (Who will get this xD?)

Well, thanks guys!

Tell me what you guys think!

Posted Mar 21, 2019
  2. This is a unique idea, however, I'm not sure how much people would enjoy it. I personally don't have an issue with word puzzles like this, but I know a lot of my friends don't enjoy them much. Another issue I see with this is words becoming repetitive. For example, if I play this 3 times and start noticing that I often get the letters "rispno" then I'd likely start to catch onto those letters being unscrambled into "prison" so there would need to be a large word pool. Also, when I first read the title of this thread and saw "Quick!" I instantly thought you intended for this game to be in the quick rotation, which I personally think would be better for this game. I think that having a challenge based around English would fit nicely, especially considering there is a quick challenge based around maths. That does bring up another issue though - not everybody on Mineplex is fluent in English, so this might not be fair for them. Then again though, DMT does exist so it could be fine. Overall though, I'm on the fence on this game. I think with some tweaking it could work, but I'm interested to see what others think.

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  3. This is one of the better game suggestions that iveI seen for typing a word in quick. Unlike the other ones, this one will be much harder for people to ruin with auto text macros. The main question is, is the word going to be scrambled a different way each time, or is it the word going to be scrambled the exact same way, each time? One suggestion I have is that the word be no shorter than 6 letters, and no longer than 10. This will prevent players from unscrambling the word too quickly, and prevent players taking too long to unscramble the word. Anyways, Nice idea!

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  4. Heyo!

Ah, thank you very much! :) I'll take your suggestion for the 6 letters and 10 letters into consideration, I know what you mean by this! And for your question, it'll probably be scrambled differently every-time, just to avoid issues.

-Thanks! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 21, 2019
    Combativeness/xWorpp likes this.
  5. To be honest, I would really enjoy playing a game like this. I love word puzzles, and I do a lot of them in my free time; and being a person that plays a lot of Nano Games I would definitely like to see something like this added. However, there are a few issues with your suggestion. For one, like xLeopard stated, word puzzles aren't everyone's favorite thing and I'm not sure how much support this would receive. If the same rotation of words is used, then people will start to figure out how to unscramble words right off the bat if you get what I'm saying.

That's really it, though, and I personally really like this suggestion. I could find myself playing this a ton since I really like word puzzles. I can't say the same for everyone, though. Thanks for suggesting this, and hopefully it can be taken into consideration!

Posted Mar 21, 2019
  6. Heyo!

Personally, we did something like this in class, with extremely hard words to unscramble, and most of the kids in my class loved it! Also, a quick rotation might do...I can agree this might be better, so I'd like to see a quick rotation myself! Also, I haven't really seen any players struggle with English, but I know some players aren't the best at it, so that can be one issue...but like you said DMT doesn't exist, so we should be just fine.

Thank you very much for your opinion! :happyt3:
    --- Post updated ---
    Heyo!

Thank you so much for your opinion! I know the issue with the word puzzles popularity might not be the best...but I think some people still enjoy games like this. I do understand what your saying how they can figure out the same rotation, but the game itself should last like a solid minute and a half, or two minutes, so the rotation can should only go around once...but if it goes around twice, we should have different words, so I do understand what your point is.

-Thanks once again!

OP OP
    xLeopard likes this.
  7. Hey there!

I am a huge fan of this idea, and I would love for it to be implemented in the near future. I don't really have a problem against word puzzles, and Quick is a relaxed, fast-paced game in Nano Games, something I highly enjoy. As several users have stated, there will need to be a large pool of scrambled words. Additionally, I imagine it can be a little too hard if the words get too long; maybe something between four to six letters would be ideal. Besides that, this idea can be a fun little challenge within Quick. Overall, this is an excellent idea!

Thanks for bringing this up!

Posted Mar 21, 2019
  8. Heyo!

Thank you very much for agreeing with my idea! I know of this large pool of scrambled words, and I totally agree with this, so if this does happen to get added, this should be added. Thanks, once again! :)

OP OP
  9. This is a really awesome suggestion!!

I really think this could be implemented and be super fun in NANO games if done properly!! I think it definitely needs some tweaking, but again ultimately looks really great.

I think the first thing I noticed is that you want to have it as a speed game, so whoever gets it first gets a point - whoever has the most points win. But I think this game would work really well if it was similar to the 'Copy Cat' game and you were given a word to unscramble, and once you've unscrambled it, you go immediately to round 2 and you get 1 point. Basically you just unscramble as many words as you can until time runs out. The reason I like this better is because there will be people who excel in a game like this, and others won't even have a chance to attempt to get the word correctly. I think it'd be fun if you were able to improve every time you play as you're working against yourself, but then also other players too.

Don't get me wrong I really like your original idea too!! I just think implementing it this way would encourage more people to play it. Not sure if it's possible, but perhaps they could make it so that you can't flood chat either in a game like this. - I think that's really the only issue in a game like this, but I don't think it'd be too much of a hassle either.

As well as all this, if this doesn't quite work as a game on it's own, perhaps it could be implemented into the 'Quick' game, where you have to complete challenges as fast as possible, and the challenge is just 'Unscramble this word!' and then the word appears - I could see that working really well in there.

Last thing, you could even format the game to where everyone has to unscramble the word, and if they can't before time runs out, they're out, and the rest of the players keep playing until all have been eliminated but 1. - I like this idea, but I think it would make less people want to play as some people would wind up being out on the first round. I still like the above idea better.

Anyway, brilliant idea, and I really hope it's implemented in some way, shape, or form! Sorry for this incredibly long post too haha.

From yours lovely,
    Sarah | Luvli

Posted Mar 21, 2019
  10. That is a fantastic idea that you have to add to the Nano games. Although, I am not interested in the word puzzles that much, but I believe that this will help me to improve my English skills. I remember that I used to play some of the other word puzzles like Jumble, word search, scrambled words, etc. If this will fit the Nano games, then I will start playing Nanos more. I really wish if I can play Nano games for like at least 1-2 hours per day if I have free time.

Overall, I am looking forward to trying out this new Nano game in the future if they approve your suggestion!

Posted Mar 21, 2019
    ATruePitato likes this.
  11. I think this is a nice suggestion, but it shouldn't be as hard as you have made it out to be, if it is a little more simple, I think it could be great!

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  12. Hey!

I love this idea. I love word unscrambles and I think it would definitely fit into "Quick". However, I think some of the words you have suggested are too long and complex. I think that there should be only really easy to spell words or at least more commonly known words that most people are likely to know how to spell. I like how you have tried to keep it Minecraft related, since that we're playing Minecraft, the words should be Minecraft related. I am aware of the issue of people not knowing English or not knowing English well, but others have clearly explained it, so I won't reiterate it. I think this gamemode should be 15 seconds long, since this is more challenging than most "Quick" gamemodes. Overall, this is a great idea and with some tweaking it should definitely be implemented into "Quick". Keep up the great ideas! :D

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    pzazz and ATruePitato like this.
  13. this is really good idea and I would defiantly want to see this in-game.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  14. Heyo!

I'm glad to hear that! Hopefully, this does get added and you can play what you wish...and this might improve your English skills, you never know, right? Well, once again thank you for your opinion! :P
    --- Post updated ---
    Heyo!

Ah, thank you for your suggestion! I'd 100% take that into consideration, because I do agree that it'll fit in the quick category. Glad to hear you love word puzzles yourself! :) Thanks once agiain.
    --- Post updated ---
    Ah, thank you very much!
    --- Post updated ---
    Thank you so much! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 22, 2019
  15. This is kind of like the math problem game on Quick (it says solve 3x9 and you type the answer), so I see no problem doing this! Words may need to be different and have more options so that people don't go on here and memorize it. Other than that, I dont see why not!

Posted Mar 22, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  16. good but instead of rounds how about random words that are scambled, everyone gets 3 lives and you need to get it right within a certain amount of time.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  17. Heyo!

Erm, I see where your coming with this idea...but I don't think this will work for multiple reasons.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 22, 2019
  18. Hey hey!

What if you get muted in the game? :O

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  19. I'm pretty sure it would work like DMT and if you guess right you get the point but you can't say anything else in chat. I'm semi-certain that this also works with the Math challenge also in Quick.

Posted Mar 22, 2019
  20. Hiya!

I think this is a great idea! I'm honestly all for it!

I don't know if you mean this is it's own game separate from Quick or if it's a subgame of Quick, but I think it'd work well as the latter. Purely because it fits in with the theme of Quick very nicely! Unscrambling a word quickly is literally destined to be a part of Quick. I love your ideas of words, but I believe there should be a lot of variations (more than 10) and not all of them to do with Minecraft (your's aren't but). This sounds lame, but possibly something educational / based on the map (e.g. ice themed map's words = polar bear, icicles etc.)? I think based on the map would be more difficult, as you'd have to pay attention to your surroundings a lot more. I'm aware Quick doesn't really have a wide range of maps, I believe there's 2-5 maps. So I think it needs more if my idea was to be used -- which is where most of the effort comes in haha.

I really really hope to see this in Quick soon! Developers get on it! :^D

Posted Mar 22, 2019