• 1419 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3998 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Nano Game Idea: Survival PvP

Discussion in 'Nano Games' started by _bruh_moment_, Jul 18, 2019.

1. The arena is a randomly generated survival world in a "normal" biome (ie. trees and animals) with a border. The goal is to be the last one standing by getting wood, making a crafting table, getting stone, etc. You can only use and break your own crafting tables/furnaces etc. and PvP is only possible with stone tools and above, so early game is focused on harvesting resources. Alternatively, there can be a countdown to pvp enablement with anything to allow for discovery of iron. What I imagine the game will basically boil down to is a rush for a stone sword or axe, with a free-for-all pvp battle from there. There can be a corruption type effect to prevent camping. I'm also thinking it could be enhanced by hunger games style loot crates. The idea I was going for was just a (hopefully) fast fusion of vanilla survival and hunger games. I'm sure that if the game is too repetitive or slow, it can be modified in several ways.

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  2. Definitely not a nano game. Nano games are typically 1 to 3 mins this sounds WAY longer than that.

Seems to me that you have loosely described UHC, without the no regeneration. I do like the sound of the game but seeing as UHC was removed from the network I don't think a game like that will be added.

A -1 from me.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 18, 2019
  3. This game just sounds a lot like Bridges to me where you gather resources at the start of the game and then fight other players. There's even Hunger Games type chests in the middle of better loot to encourage players to leave their islands. I have to disagree with adding this type of game to the Nano Games rotation though. This would definitely take much longer than the games that are currently in Nano and we want to keep them short. I'm not sure how to change the idea to make it a shorter version that won't change the whole concept of the game. It just doesn't work as a short game in my opinion and is better suited as a long game.

Posted Jul 19, 2019