• 630 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9068 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Nano Game: Sleepy Time

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CHICHI7YT, Oct 27, 2018.

1. I previously suggested this game idea on the old Mineplex site, but I changed this version a little bit. This game is called Sleepy Time. In the game, you are stuck in Dreamland, and you have to wake up early. The King of Dreams wants to stay, so you have to go through all of his obstacles to wake up. To wake up, you have to go through a portal at the end. The first user that goes through the portal wins. A few examples of obstacles are:

A maze (a cactus maze, a magma block maze)
    A wall you must climb
    Parkour (invisible parkour, disappearing blocks parkour, slime block parkour)
    Walking on an iron bar
    Poisonous water

Because it is a Nano Game, there are no kits. One achievement can be Early Bird (complete 500 obstacles). Tell me what you think in the comments. I'm all ears!

Posted Oct 27, 2018
  2. Cool idea! I've never been late to school so I wouldn't want to wake up late!
    Could you explain the last obstacle though, I couldn't really figure that one out. (Poisonous water)

Posted Oct 27, 2018
  3. This is an interesting idea for a nano game. The one thing I am concerned with is how much you have in it. Would this game be able to be completed in under 3 minutes? How large and long do you want these obstacles to be? Maybe create a small prototype of the minigame/course to show us your vision for it. I think you could really develop this idea into a very cool nano game! Best of luck on your idea, I'm looking for any updates you have on this.

Posted Oct 27, 2018
    hazeae24 likes this.
  4. Caameronn, the game can be completed in under 3 minutes. The obstacles should be medium-sized and short. I can't code, so I can't make a prototype.

Enigmata, poisonous water kills you. It sends you back to the checkpoint you passed. It looks like regular water, but if you touch it, you are teleported back to the checkpoint.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 27, 2018
  5. Yo yo!

I like the concept of having an obstacle course type game, but I still have a few questions:
    How long do you expect each part of the course to be? Are there any other challenges besides the one you listed that you think would be good for this game? What about the difficulty? Do you plan on making the course long with easy challenges or short with more difficult tasks?

I think if you went with Cameron's advice and created a prototype map or some sort of course outline it would really help others see what you envisioned. Even if you can't code, creating a map or layout of your course would be beneficial.

And also, I have some suggestions for the overall concept.
    Maybe have the players go through a dark nightmare themed course that the King of Dreams created because you wanted to wake up early. Instead of having the players go through a portal to wake up make them sleep in a bed to symbolize the "hey it was all just a dream and now I am awake in my bed" kind of feeling. Maybe it's just me, but I thought changing the portal to a bed would make a little more sense​

Posted Oct 27, 2018
    Caameronn likes this.
  6. Hello there!
    I really like this idea, sounds like a possible Nano Games minigame. As others mentioned, you could post here an image from a map you've done, or the map that inspired you to post this idea!

Have a nice day,
    Killer_2020
    @ssnip what do you think?

Posted Oct 27, 2018
  7. Although I like the backstory, it feels a bit redundant to me in a fast-paced game such as Nano Games. I don't feel like it would get the recognition it deserved when the players are focused on completing it as fast as possible. That isn't a huge issue, but it's something to consider. I hope that makes sense.

I do like the idea of an obstacle course though, as long as it could be completed in a reasonable amount of time.

Posted Oct 27, 2018
  8. Very interesting concept and hats off to you for thinking of such a cool theme. The only thing I’m a bit concerned is if this game will really hold the attention of players in the long-run. Unless if this is short enough to the extent it won’t easily become disinteresting as players continuously play it over and over again.

Posted Oct 28, 2018
  9. @hazeae24, the obstacles are easy to complete in the beginning, but they get harder later on. The first obstacles are shorter, but they get longer and harder later on. I also like your idea of a dark nightmare themed course, and they have to sleep in a bed to complete the game. I plan on making the course short with easy challenges, the challenges get harder later on. Some more challenges I can think of are:

You have to walk on an invisible trail of blocks that slithers. Underneath, there are sea lanterns to guide you.
    You have to dodge arrows coming from dispensers. You are sent back to the checkpoint if you touch one of the arrows.
    Players have to cross a bridge made out of cacti.

@flawsome, it will be short enough to the extent it won't easily become uninteresting as players continuously play it over and over again.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 28, 2018
  10. Cool idea! However there are some parkour race games already on Mineplex like Douglas The Dragon. Maybe the king can ask you to fulfill some sort of task?

Posted Oct 29, 2018