• 2094 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10446 Players Online
  • 8352 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Nanogame Idea (Don't know the name yet)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Pubbsby, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Hello!

I recently came up with this idea, so bear with me. But I think it's realistic in being a Nanogame.

Basic Concept: First team to extinguish the fire on their house wins.

There are four teams: red, blue, green, and yellow (the colors of the teams could be changed). These teams have their own sky island. These islands connect to a well on an island in the middle of the map. There will be a building (preferably a house) on fire that the team will have to extinguish. The location of the building does not matter as long as other teams cannot affect the structure. Each player will be given a weapon, bucket, and other utilities. They can fill the bucket with water in the middle of the map. However, other players on different teams can kill them with a weapon or knocking them into the void. The player killed respawns for a {x} seconds. Also, the bucket does not have to be completely filled, and it takes a certain amount of time to fill it. If the player with a bucket of water decides to go back to their island, they could fill a tube, which will be connected to the team's fire hydrant. There is a hose connected to the fire hydrant, and another/same player can try to extinguish the fire on their building. The first team to extinguish their fire wins.

This game probably does require add-ons (I'm not an expert on plugins) . I can also think of other versions of this idea. A version of this game could be that there will be a currency spawner like cake wars. Players can buy different items like blocks and advantages to eventually go to the well. Another add-on to this idea can be powerups, which can help a team (giving them more water, setting an effect on their/different team, etc).

EDIT: One popular version of this is game is the removal of the connection to mid, and instead punching the fire out. This idea can be separated into two different games.

Let me know your thoughts about this idea down below. Thanks!

-susketchup

Posted Apr 4, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 4, 2020
    xSusieLove, idcmax and VernCow like this.
  2. Hi there!

I think this would be a very interesting addition to the Mineplex network! It certainly is unique, and has a very interesting blend of concepts involving elements of Skywars, Cake Wars etc.

I would +1 this thread because I want to see how other people think of this.

Keep up the good work!
    VernCow~

Posted Apr 4, 2020
    Pubbsby likes this.
  3. Hey!

I actually really like this concept. You also did a great job explaining the objective and mechanics of the game. The only thing I might see an issue arising with is the playing time. Judging from what you've explained, there are a ton of minor things you need to do in order to extinguish the house. If players have to fill the buckets a certain amount of times, and deal with a death timer, I just don't know how fast-paced of a game it would be to fit in NANO.

A way I could see this game functioning slightly better would be to remove the water system, and have players have to manually punch the fire to put it out. This would simplify the game to better work in NANO, and I feel like it would be more practical to the game itself.

Also, I think it would be cool to see maybe a way players could access fireballs and throw them at other player's houses/structures to add more fire they need to put out. However, fireballs wouldn't be allowed to be fired from your own land, meaning you would have to travel out and PvP would be more encouraged than just staying and camping at the base. I feel like this would add some more strategy back in from the removal of the water system, and players will have to defend, PvP, and extinguish their fire at the same time.

Overall, I really enjoy this idea, and I think it has a ton of potential, but a few adjustments to help it stay in that NANO games category would make it more functional.

Posted Apr 4, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 4, 2020
    Pubbsby likes this.
  4. Thanks for your feedback :)! Like I said, there can be a ton of variations to this idea, some I can think of reducing the playing time. Have a great day!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 4, 2020
    idcmax likes this.
  5. Hi there!

Just wanted to drop some replies to @idcmax 's ideas

I love the punching idea, and I think that this version of the game would greatly fit into Nanogames! Maybe 2 versions of the game can be implemented, one short one long with the short one being inside of Nanogames while the longer version can be its own game.

VernCow~

Posted Apr 4, 2020
    idcmax likes this.
  6. I agree, I can totally see two versions of this game being implemented into Mineplex. I'll br editing this thread. Thanks idcmax for the idea!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 4, 2020