• 1741 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10179 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Quick Challenge - Boxing Match

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Jaekub, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Boxing Match would be a Quick Challenge were only half of the players can get a point. You are matched up with one other player and all other players are invisible to you and your opponent. The matchups are similar to Gladiators (NANO), where everyone uses the same platform to fight. Each player one fights one fight. The fight works like so: you each only get fists and the first person to die from fist damage or be knocked off loses. The platform would be 6x6 blocks.

Posted Apr 6, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 7, 2019
  2. Seems like a cool idea, might be a little lengthy for nano games tho. (Since matches could take a while with 16 people)

Posted Apr 7, 2019
  3. Hey!

I am unsure about this idea. It is similar to nano gladiators which is fine, but I think the platform is way too big. I think maybe a 8x8 or a 5v5, so it is quick, like the gamemode, 'Quick'. I think if the platform size is made smaller this idea should definitely be implemented. Overall, make the platform smaller and it should be implemented, since it would only take 10-15 seconds maximum to finish a game.

Posted Apr 7, 2019
  4. I really like this idea. I do have to agree that the platform should be a bit smaller, since it takes a little while to kill someone with your fist, and can be a bit challenging to knock someone off the edge when the platform is that big. You could have knockback sticks, but there's already a challenge in Quick with that feature and using it again could make it a bit stale. Honestly I'd make the platform 4x4 or something like that so players can knock eachother off somewhat easily.

With a small platform reaction time plays a part in this as well, and being more alert and focused on the game may give you an advantage since you'll need to act quickly. I feel like this would really fit into the gameplay of this Nano game, as it's called Quick after all.

Posted Apr 7, 2019
  5. Okay, I'll make it 6x6. Thanks for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2019