• 1541 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9979 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New Quick! Challenge: KTOL

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Jadguar, Apr 11, 2019.

?

Do you think this game should be added to Quick?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hello everyone! I had an idea for a new nano games quick challenge that would be very similar to King of the Ladder (KOTL). The game would spawn players towards the edge of the platform and they would race towards the top of the ladder in the middle. To give others a chance to win, after the first player reaches the top, the others will have 10 seconds to still try to complete the challenge. Players could also be granted knockback sticks to try and knock others off the ladder and into the void. (Getting knocked into the void would eliminate you, similar to the Knock Everyone Off! challenge already in quick). Please leave some constructive criticism below as I would like to know how you would improve this game idea!

Potential Layout:
    https://i.imgur.com/TxSETHR.png

Edits:
    - Once a player reaches the top, everyone else will get 10 seconds to try and complete the challenge. (Suggested by @Jkaebub)
    - Removing the parkour segments to make it more simple, however, players still receive knockback sticks. (Suggested by @SkarmMines)
    - Adding a timer that counts down from 60, as completing the challenge could be quite difficult if you keep getting knocked off. Therefore, as time goes on, less players will remain, making it easier to get to the top of the ladder.
    [​IMG]

Posted Apr 11, 2019,
    Last edited May 19, 2019
    RedditCredit and oeod like this.
  2. Overall, the idea is good, but about the map layout.....not sure. I mean if every1 gets a knockback stick to knock players off and I assume that those who fall down are out, I would guess that maybe only one of the players would win the game, since it looks so easy to fall down after one hit. This seems like a hardcore mode for the knockback game, thats also on QUICK. Also if you just do a ladder to climb up would be also a copy from the Bawk Bawk Battles game + not be so interesting too.
    Maybe if players would respawn there, it could work and would be a good challenge to do

Posted Apr 11, 2019
  3. This is a great idea! One question though: can you fall to your death? If so, this wouldn't work out at all. I don't think there should be a parkour but instead have just a tower with ladders on all four sides, granting everyone KB sticks. I think it shouldn't be the first 5 players to complete the challenge, but once the first one completes it, everyone else has 10 seconds to complete the challenge as well. Overall, this is a great idea and I'll be giving this a +1

Posted Apr 26, 2019
  4. I appreciate your idea of what you have which is good! Now, like what they said above is that can you fall into the void? When they fall into the void, that means they are out until the next quick challenge. I agree with the idea what @Jkaebub have said. He mentioned that if the first player completes the challenge, the other players will have 10 seconds to complete before the timer runs out. About the map or the island what you built, it looks fine to me as long as the map size is okay. I think the average size of this map is still good.

Overall, that is a great idea what you have, and I cannot wait to try it out if they approve it. +1

Posted May 11, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  5. I personally like this minigame idea and it reminds me of the one that was on Bawk Bawk Battles. That being said, instead of over complicating it with the parkour jumps to get to the middle, just have the flat platform with the ladder and give everyone KB sticks like they did in BBB. That way, it makes it easier for people to complete, but not enough so everyone will be able to. As Jaekub said, I also think that it shouldn’t be the first 5 people to complete the challenge, rather once someone does, players have a set amount of time to finish the challenge before moving on.

An issue that might conflict with this idea though is that it can be seen as something similar to the game where you have to jump on a platform and stay on there without being knocked off by other players. People might find it repetitive and not want to play two games that resemble each other so much. Besides that, I don’t really see a problem and personally would love to see this added!

Posted May 15, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  6. This is a great suggestion for Nano Games quick challenge. It’s a speedy and entertaining game that should have a positive impact. (As in the game wouldn’t get an abundance of hate)

I agree. It could potentially be a time problem if players keep hitting each other off.

+1 from me!!

Posted May 15, 2019
  7. The only issue I see is the void. I think that if you got knocked into the void, you should probably just respawn back at a start point, preferably a random one on the outer ring, in order to prevent spawn killing.
    If that gets changed, It'd be a +1 from me!

Posted May 15, 2019