• 380 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6239 Players Online
  • 5859 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New SSM Kit - Bat

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Butterfl1, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Before you type "NOO TOO SMALL HITBOX" please read this, thanks.

Bat Kit - Unique in its way that it is a voiding kit, similar to sheep. It is supposed to be a one trick kit. It is also supposed to be one of the most obnoxious kits in the game. Based on its armor.

Gems: 6,000
    Armor: None
    Weapons: Stone Sword, Iron Pickaxe, and Iron Axe

Passive: You are unable to see your enemies name tags. Also, you get 10 flaps similar to chicken at 1/2 the velocity of chicken's flap.

Sword Ability - A Trick
    Right click your sword to begin charging up a charge. Upon releasing, unleashes a swarm of bats to cloud your enemies vision. The amount of bats depends on the charge. Within 2.5 seconds, the bats explode, dealing 200% Knockback to anyone within its radius.

Axe Ability - Echolocation
    Right click to shoot a particle based sonic boom (Witch Smash Bat Form ability) it's a homing missile. Enemies that are hit will have their name tag shown temperarily, as well as 3 bats appearing and constantly dealing small kb (25%) no dmg. The enemy can kill them, but if they last long enough, they will attempt to drag your enemy to the void (leash). Void dragging scales on how far the enemy is to the void.

Pickaxe - Bat Illusion
    You can hit your drop key to toggle between "Swap" or "Defense"
    Swap - Shoots a small projectile at your opponent. If it lands, you and the opponent switch kits and positions for a short duration (yes I know it's obnoxious, it is supposed to be). Only works when you're grounded to prevent cheap void kills.

Defense - Root your tiny wings into the ground for 0.6 seconds. During which you receive 1 true damage, along with slowness 5 and poison 2. If you're hit during this duration by a melee attack, you receive no damage, the enemy receives slowness 5 and you get launched high into the air. (Think Disengage from Champions)

SMASH CRYSTAL!!!!: Unleash your inner rage and activate every single crystal in the game at once.

Posted Feb 2, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 2, 2021
  2. Not sure if this is a joke or if you're actually being serious, but I read the entire thing and my response to you is still no, the hitbox is too small. Even though you suggested a 0 armor kit with all these crazy abilities, there is no way that this could ever be balanced in SSM. Plus, bats are already a part of the witch kit and this would only lead to confusion and more chaos.

Posted Feb 3, 2021
    shihanna likes this.
  3. I don't like the idea of a kit being introduced with the intent for it to be "one of the most obnoxious kits in the game"

yea

Posted Feb 3, 2021
    Gridlocke and shihanna like this.
  4. I understand the thought process behind the kit, but just as @james610 and @Ducksicle mention, this is a pretty unbalanced kit idea. For starters, not seeing enemy name tags wouldn't affect gameplay at all because nametags aren't important in SSM; you can still see their avatar and hitbox. As ducksicle mentions, the hitbox is very small, and with a flight ability would become outright tedious to fight. Swapping kits is also very questionable; I doubt the ability would make for intuitive gameplay. How would health work? Do you receive the same, relative, or full health during a swap? What happens when you swap back? If you're falling off a cliff with no flaps left, can you just swap to the opponent and bait them into the void? It does not sound like a fun kit and I wouldn't be interested in it. I appreciate the time and effort put into your post though.

Posted Feb 3, 2021
    Gridlocke likes this.
  5. No, just no ,even though i dont play on mineplex anymore I don't want there to be another tiny hitbox kit, they are just awful

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  6. This is a joke, right? Small hitbox, broken abilities that don't make sense, most uninspired smash crystal I've seen. Even if this kit were to have a normal hitbox, it would be insanely broken.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
    Ducksicle likes this.
  7. I was concerned that you intended it to be "one of the most obnoxious kits in the game" and that concern was justified after I read the kit description. It would be cool, but that kit would be one of the most unbalanced things ever introduced into the game. The abilities would need to be significantly nerfed to the ground and in my opinion it just wouldn't be a good addition.

Posted Feb 4, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 10, 2021
    Ducksicle and Fusafez like this.
  8. I think the idea is interesting but overall has a lot of flaws.

As you mentioned, yes, the hit box is really small. But I do not think the "nerfs" you have provided to it are enough.

As you said, it would be an obnoxious kit. Personally, I think we should be trying to add kits that enhance the game and are fun to both play as and against. I wouldn't want to make a kit that is purposefully obnoxious to play against; it would drive people away from the game.

That's just my thoughts.

Posted Feb 4, 2021
  9. I do have to go ahead and appreciate the effort you put into making the thread. However, there seem to be a lot of issues that should be pointed out. As everyone else has mentioned, the bat would have much too small of a hitbox, and even with no armor, it would still be unfair, and unfun to fight against. Also, the bat is part of the ability set of the witch and is also the actual smash crystal ability of the witch, so making the bat a kit would mean that these abilities would either have to be replaced or significantly reworked, which doesn't seem like a favorable pros vs. cons situation.

EDIT: It seems that I didn't read the thread too closely. In general, when creating an idea for a game, you should be doing your best to avoid creating an ability that is "obnoxious" rather than embracing it. Also, regarding the smash crystal: that ain't it.

Posted Feb 10, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 10, 2021