• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion New SSM kit: horse

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by pokyvessel52506, Dec 27, 2019.

?

How’s the idea?

1. +1

40.0%
  2. +0.5

26.7%
  3. +0

13.3%
  4. -1

20.0%
  1. It’s the skeletal horses worst enemy: the horse

Armor:

Helmet: chain

Chestplate: leather

Pants: chain

Boots: chain

Cost: 7000

Health regeneration: 0.25 per second

Damage: 4.3

Knock back: 140%

Jump: same as skeletal horse

Abilities:

1. Horse kick:
    Kicks dirt in the direction the player is pointing to and does 4-5 damage and inflicts slowness I for 2 seconds to any player it hits. Cooldown: 8 seconds.

2. saddle up:
    Runs at opponent (speed: 4 blocks per second) dealing 5 damage and 170% knock back if it hits. Cooldown: 12

Passive. Speedy horse:
    Every 10 seconds you have a 25% of getting speed I for 4 seconds.

Smash ability. Reindeer:
    Gives speed II, strength II and all moves cooldowns are 4 seconds. Duration: 25 seconds

Posted Dec 27, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 31, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  2. This looks extremely underpowered and would probably be the worst kit if added

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  3. Hey!

I have a few suggestions about this idea, however, lets start with the positive! I really love the "Horse Kick" ability, as its something that is quite unique and I can see being an all around balanced ability. I also find the smash ability to really creative, so nicely done! However, I do believe that the "Saddle Up" ability is a bit too overpowered. I could definitely see it needing either a cool down or a knock back reduction. Furthermore, I am a bit confused with the passive ability for the kit. When will players receive the 4 seconds of speed? Overall, with some balancing, I can see this being an interesting and useful addition to SSM!

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  4. I agree with you. The horse kit should be added to SSM because it's more unique than the skeletal horse, but I'm gonna break down the details of your idea.

The armor and cost both seem balanced, but the health regen is too underpowered. You should know that a whole amount of HP is a half a heart, so I suggest changing the health regen to 1.0 per second. I have 3 questions:
    1. How much melee damage do you deal?
    2. How much knockback do you take?
    3. What kind of leap does this have?

I like that move because I've thought about it before. The 3 damage and slowness 1 are both balanced, but the cooldown is a bit too long, so I suggest changing the cooldown to 8 seconds.

The 4 damage and 150% knockback are fine to me, but I have a question: How fast will you go if you activate this move?

The speed 1 is ok, but I have another question: How do you activate the Speedy Horse passive?

The 4-second change on both abilities is also fine, and so is the strength 1, but the speed 1 is also a bit too underpowered, so I suggest doubling the speed.
    Also, the smash name "Reindeer" doesn't seem to fit for the Horse Kit because Horses never grow antlers in minecraft. They are sometimes in livestock arenas, so I suggest renaming the smash to "Rodeo."
    By the way, you forgot to add the duration to the smash. You should add it because most smashes have durations.

In summary, yes I do like to see the Horse Kit in SSM, but overall, it is too underpowered, so I'm giving this a +0. I would like to see some changes done before I change my vote to +1.

Posted Dec 27, 2019
  5. Kit is extremely weak. When using both skills, it adds up to 7 damage. That’s 1 hit from a diamond sword. Health regen should be changed to 0.25 per second, horse kick cooldown is too long, and should be reduce to 7 seconds, does saddle up have recoil, the speed for 4 seconds should be from when you get hit, because a horse tends to run when in danger. Also what is the set damage on the kit, and how many jumps is it able to do, will the jumps be high like when you charge a horse.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
  6. An insta-block toss with yet another rush ability? Not very original. Needs more detail, and more fleshing out.

Posted Dec 28, 2019
  7. Ok I’ve added all your suggestions

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 28, 2019
  8. But you didn't put how long the smash will last, and you didn't add the cooldown to Speedy Horse

Posted Dec 28, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 28, 2019
  9. O
    Oh sorry

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 28, 2019
    NoHacksJustGavin likes this.
  10. I am in the middle for this kit.

The armor and the regen are all ok to me. The issues I see with this kit is their abilities.

For the Horse Kick ability it's a bit underpowered, for it to have an 8 second cooldown and it only does 3 - 5 damage and only gives slowness 1 seems a bit useless imo. Maybe try lowering the cooldown to something like 5.5 seconds. And maybe boost it's damage to 4 - 5.

For the Saddle Up ability it's also a bit underpowered. The speed is ok with me it's just the damage and the knockback. The damage is pretty low for a 12 second cooldown, the knockback is a little low too. Maybe try boosting the damage to something higher than 4 maybe 5 or 6 damage would be good and then the cooldown would be reasonable.

The Passive is ok with me.

For the smash ability on the other hand it also seems way too underpowered. For you to get a smash crystal and only get strength 1 and speed 1 when you could get speed 1 every 10s at a 25% chance seems a bit useless making the ability really only strength 1 and lower cooldowns, I don't see the smash doing much help to the kit at all. Maybe if you boosted the Strength to 2 and Speed to 2 as well. For the 4s ability cooldown that is a little overpowered though, maybe lowering all there cooldowns to 5s would be better.

Overall this kit could be really well with some changing to it! +0.5 Thanks for hearing me out!

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Dec 31, 2019
  11. Ok I’ve added your suggestions

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 31, 2019