• 3009 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12713 Players Online
  • 9704 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New SSM kit idea: Horse

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by NinjaMaster895, Apr 5, 2020.

Tags:
?

What do you think about this new kit?

1. +1

66.7%
  2. +0

13.3%
  3. -1

20.0%
  1. Heyo guys! It has been quite a while since I have posted a kit idea thread but here am with the idea of a new SSM kit horse!

Cost: 9k Gems

Stats:

Armor:

Helmet: Chainmail

Chestplate: chainmail

Trousers: Iron

Boots: chainmail

Regeneration speed: 0.15 hearts per second with full food bar (without full food bar 0.10 per second)

Knockback taken: 150%

Damage: 7 (3.5 damage if the user does not have any armor on)

Abilities:

1. Giddyup! (Iron sword): The user must point there cursor at the direction they want to go and then they will start to run towards the area that the user pointed to with speed V (5). It will automatically stop after 4 seconds but the user can choose to press shift to stop it from going any further. Once it stops the horse will deal 8 damage (about 4 hearts) to any player in a 5 block radius. Cooldown: 10 seconds.

2. Stomp (Iron shovel): the user will make the pose that a horse does when it wants to kick its rider off it. The user will then deal 5-8 damage to any players in a 7 block radius depending on how close they are. If a player(s) is 1-3 blocks away it will deal the max damage which is 7 damage (about 3.5 hearts). If the player(s) is 4-6 block radius it will deal 7 damage (3.5 hearts) and if the player(s) is 7 blocks away it will deal 5 damage (2.5 hearts). Cooldown: 10 seconds

3. High Horsepower (iron axe): The user will
    jump 7 blocks up in the sky and once the user hits the ground the user will deal 6 damage (3 hearts) and an extra 40%knockback to any player in a 6 block radius. Cooldown: 8

Passive (YEAH!): The user has a 20% to gain speed 1 for 4 seconds every 15 seconds

Smash Ability (Horsepower): the user will temporarily break the landscape (some blocks will still be there) with the force of a regular creeper explosion dealing 12 damage (6 hearts) to any player in a 10 block radius and deal plus 50% knockback.

Posted Apr 5, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 8, 2020
    YoungSavage220 likes this.
  2. Howdy!
    I think that this seems like an awesome idea. Since I personally play Super Smash Mobs for the majority of the time here at Mineplex. I believe that the SSM community would appreciate a few new kits. Things like Ocelot/Cat, and Zombie Horse. However I do think that it is actually quite strange that a Skeletal Horse is in SSM, while a regular Horse isn't. Also, I think your ideas are creative!

However I personally would make a few changes.

1. It seems to me like cool down times are too long. If you realize that there are only 2 abilities, of which both have cool down times upwards of 10 seconds. If I were going to develop a new Mob kit, I would give this horse either: Reduced damage, with lower cool downs on at least 1 of the abilities. Because, Super Smash Mobs is primarily based around the abilities rather than the traditional PvP that is known to regularly be used in Minecraft. Most of the Mobs that have 2 abilities generally have lower cool downs, while those with 3 abilities have larger cool downs, or, their abilities don't do much damage singularly. You could also add another ability to the horse that consists of lesser damage, but with a lower cool down.
    2. This Horse class might also be far to similar to cow, considering it's passive is somewhat similar to Stampede, while "Giddyup!" is similar to Milk Spiral. The Smash Crystal ability "Horsepower" is also essentially just Wolf's Ravage. It wouldn't be unusual for these types of abilities to go through the Development Team though. (See Skeleton & Zombie similarities)
    3. The passive is also quite odd. (Probably because I'm confused about exactly what it means)

Things that I think are good about this concept:
    1. The Armor seems balanced.
    2. The Damage seems balanced.
    3. A Horse kit is and has been a desired class to play.
    4. The Gem price tag is high, however it's probably accurate.
    5. Actual Good "Names" for the abilities? (That's a bit odd, however it still applies)

My Personal Final Verdict:
    • This concept is impressive, and its noticeable how much thought has gone into this project! It's awesome to see that members of the Mineplex community such as yourself are willing to come onto the Forums and list off their amazing ideas, while the rest of the community comments on them. More SSM Mob kits are always going to be requested, and concepts just like this will see the light of day through the Forums and other Mineplex related media-sharing connections! I enjoy the level of creativity that has been put into this Horse kit, and would love to see it within Super Smash Mobs eventually as well! However, in my opinion, I believe that a few changes that I stated previously could help make this Mob kit become a playable reality!
    Thanks for contributing your ideas! I'm sure all of the Mineplex Forums community appreciates your thoughts and opinions! Hopefully the Horse Mob Kit will ultimately be added into the game mode!

:mineplex:

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    NinjaMaster895 and Tours like this.
  3. The cooldown times are higher because the moves take about 5 seconds to actually use, but I will take your suggestion and fix that.
    Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit:
    I have also elaborated on the passive

Another edit: I have added another ability with a shorter cooldown like you suggested

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 6, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 6, 2020
    ShipshapeMC likes this.
  4. Hey there!
    I have to say that I'm very impressed with this kit. It seems to me that the kit holds a very good front, and in my opinion, expresses many standard expectations we'd like to see in a kit; originality, playwork and useful ability. I see a lot of potential here, which is great! I really like the fun names you've given each ability and the very unique playset this creates. It's a very brute/rush class that I think any SSM fan would love.

The abiltiies you've provided seem extremely fun to play with and are both named quite interestingly. The Giddyup! ability seems very unique and I think it would be fun to be able to get around the map and use. I'd suggest to make sure to mention that this is not applicable to facing upwards, and this just sticks to the ground, so it wouldn't be like a slam type of ability.

The second ability also stands very nicely along with the other two. I really liked the idea of how well developed and realisitc this could play into the game. It seems pretty interesting. I think making it as balanced as it is makes sense, but perhaps it's a little too powerful? A combo or two could easily kill a player having this ability. Making it so it removes 3 hearts max would be nice. I might not be too good with balancing, so you can give me feedback on my followup.

The third ability seems pretty fun. I think it would be pretty fun having some sort of jumping ability, but to be honest, I think if we stick with the first two it would be better, and maybe if we scratch what I said about the 2nd ability, but remove this, I'd see a more balanced result? Not sure, you can test me on that. But, I think this is pretty nice and I wouldn't mind playing with this at all.

I think overall it is a very well developed, and although I've mentioned a few things here and there, I'd expect a lot of promise from this kit, and I think it is pretty well developed already. My points may not all be helpful in terms of changing the kit a little, but I really loved this kit and shows great potential. I'd like to hear about what you have in mind about what alterations I've mentioned. [​IMG]

Posted Apr 6, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  5. I really like the kit idea! I would definitely enjoy playing this kit. Quick idea, would it be a directional jump like wolf and spider? It seems very similar in speed control to those kits.
    Giddyup: I like the idea! Maybe a slightly shorter cooldown time? I'm not familiar with the cool down on most kits so not sure if that's balanced.
    Stomp: I agree with the earlier post about making a max of 3 hearts, but I think 3 hearts as long as you get hit would be better, since the class lacks a projectile.
    High Horsepower: No ideas to change, seems like a normal recovery.
    Yeah: I personally disagree with this passive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't speed starting or ending mess with sprinting? If it does not, the passive seems interesting and I have no complaint with it. Seems like a high skill cap class, so that would be fun.
    Horsepower: I'd change the name to something less repetitive, but it seems very similar to frenzy. Would every attack deal more damage including just normal pvp? This is completely different, but maybe something like giving slowness if they're in a...10 block radius (no clue on that part) would be more interesting? The horse would be "breaking the ground" making it difficult to walk. Ofc it wouldn't include the other buffs though. (Unless speed 1 would make sense?) Imo it seems like a longer version of giddyup and underwhelming compared to other ultimates.

I think its a great idea and would love to play it! The abilities seemed to be well thought out and just require some balancing. The passive suggestion is from a lack of knowledge on my part, but seems interesting. The ultimate is the only thing that I think could be improved upon.

Posted Apr 6, 2020
  6. Thanks for the feedback! I have also buffed the ultimate like you suggested

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 8, 2020
    ShipshapeMC likes this.
  7. Thank you for your feedback! I will balance the second ability soon!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 8, 2020