• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Website Updates

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by Jarvis, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Jarvis

Jarvis

To all Mineplexians,

Mineplex is proud to launch our newly designed website! This website has been in the works for a while and we're excited to share the amazing new features this site will bring to you! With the move towards Xenforo we've been able to implement features that we were never able to have before.

There were a lot of good suggestions from the community and we have been able to implement most of them! If we missed out on anything, please do not hesitate to let us know and we will do our best to add as many as possible.

Forum Structures:
    • Mineplex Chatter has been cleaned up. Now there are two separated categories: Mineplex Chatter and Community Hub. The latter will have more emphasize on the community.
    • Added Surveys section.
    • Removed Premium Discussion.
    • Removed PPC-Only Discussion
    • Removed GWEN-Related Issues. This has been merged into Punishment Appeals. If the punishment is related to GWEN bans, the appeal will be escalated to the Quality Assurance team to be verified.
    • Changed Application list into xen.mineplex.com/apps. If you do not see the application, you either do not have permission to submit the application or the application is not open at this time.
    Website Rules:
    • Post boosting is now much more lenient. This warning will be issued when there is a clear intent to boost your post count. Due to the leniency, this warning will now warrant 2 points when given.
    • Necro posting has been extended to 30 days. There is now a warning for threads that are older than 30 days notifying you that punishment could occur if the thread is posted on. If you have additional ideas or suggestions for the thread, you are welcome to post those without being warned. Previous exceptions remain.
    • Excessive bumping grants the OP 2 bumps within 1 month from the last post. Previous exceptions remain.
    • Merged Uncalled Negativity and General Rudeness: General Rudeness Severity 1 and Severity 2. The former severity will cover any minor infractions in terms of being rude, hateful remarks, unnecessary comments or hateful attitude. The latter severity will remain the same as before.
    • Removed Excessive Quote Tower rule
    • Inappropriate Posts/Threads, Links, and Media are now 3 points.
    • Spreading Hate and Slander have been separated into individual warnings. The definition and points remain the same. We want to be more clear on the differences.
    • Added Unapproved Discussion. This warning is designed to replace the existing warning for discussions centered around gender, religious and political topics. This warning is 1 point.
    • Removed Non-Construction Criticism/Feedback. We feel that this warning is a bit harsh when it comes to moderation and a lot of people are afraid to contribute due to this.
    • Added Inappropriate Avatar/Username/Banner/Signature. This warning is 8 points. Simply put, make sure your account is appropriate and family friendly.
    Features (Forums):
    • Added Groups/Communities. Players with Eternal rank will be able to create their own groups on the website. You will be able to create discussions, schedule events, and more. We are still tweaking this feature so expect a few changes coming soon!
    • Forums Reports have been integrated into Xenforo. If you want to report anything on the forums, ranging from posts, profiles, to private messages, simply click on Report.
    • We will now be using Application Forms for most of the apps and reports. You can find the list of apps here: xen.mineplex.com/apps. This will ensure all reports and applications are written in the desired format. Our staff will also have the necessary tools to process reports and applications with ease.
    • Font related BBCode has been restricted for regular users on the forums. We've seen way too many posts from both staff and community members that use weird fonts, colors and sizes to format posts. You are allowed to use font related BBCode on your profile posts. We may make some adjustment for posts in Groups down the road.
    • A warning is clearly shown for open threads that are more than 30 days old. This helps prevent necro posting.
    • New warning message format. It will show you exactly what you were warned on via a PM. Warnings will no longer be publicly issued on threads themselves.
    Trainee Applications:
    • With this Beta release we will be closing Trainee Applications for both Bedrock and Java for 2 weeks. Because of the transition it would be extremely difficult to keep these open as we would need to process and review applications on two different platforms. This is why you will not be able to submit a new application for the minimum wait time between apps. If you have already submitted an application on Enjin it will still be processed normally. Trainee application forms on Xenforo will open on Friday September 28th.
    Punishments:
    • It's a fresh start for us with the release of this website. And we want to extend this to everyone as well. Therefore we will be giving everyone a fresh start. If you are currently forum banned or have active warning point(s), those will not be carried over when you sign up for our new website!
    • We will not be removing punishments from the old website.

With this new website, we are moving away from Enjin. While we do try our best to minimize changes for our users, this will be a new platform for a lot of us. So when you first arrive here, try to keep an open mind about everything. If you find anything that should be changed, create a thread and let us know what you think should be added/changed here: https://xen.mineplex.com/forums/website_feedback/

Cheers!

Posted Sep 11, 2018,
    Last edited Sep 13, 2018
    Amelia, leo_thya, Tobias and 28 others like this.
  2. Justugh

Justugh

Love the new website!

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  3. Marzie

Marzie

#Slaying to anyone who worked on the website <3_<3

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  4. Nicodami

Nicodami

That website is great, I love the update! Wanderer might be sad though, he had the word record of posts before :P

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  5. Maxxehh

Maxxehh

We love we love

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    FionaDoesNotSlay likes this.
  6. Heliology

Heliology

About time that the website actually came out. Was started on and announced to staff whilst I was still on the staff team, which was a while ago, glad to see it finally come out.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    EvilDunk likes this.
  7. BestPD

BestPD

10/10 site, hope you all enjoy what it has to offer because it’s got a lot to see :)

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  8. Wolfy

Wolfy

This is amazing

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    FionaDoesNotSlay likes this.
  9. Jerputti

Jerputti

I absolutely love the new design and the decision of moving to Xenfore as it is a lot better than Enjin!

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Wanderer and Strutt20 like this.
  10. iNeedFire

iNeedFire

Incredible new design and updates, huge fan of it! I'm so glad the transition has gone well and you can submit reports here y'know haha (Reports Patrol best team!)

Might make a key links thing on my wall? As for apps they're here.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Wanderer and Strutt20 like this.
  11. PandaFyre

PandaFyre

Im excited for the change! This has been a well anticipated update to the server!

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  12. JoePCool14

JoePCool14

I must say everything is looking absolutely amazing over here. I am truly blown away by what has been put together. It's a major step up from Enjin and I really think it was time for that too happen.

A few comments to make as of now:

- User post count isn't displayed by our posts. I assume this was intentional, but what's the rationale behind this? Having this was good to quickly distinguish long-time users versus newbies.
    - Boxes for signatures are extremely small now. Even simply having one image forces the scroll-bar. I can definitely see why this was changed, but could the size be increased a bit? Not as much as it was back on Enjin, but maybe a middle-ground.
    - Emoticon support, I'd like to see it expanded a bit to have regular emojis in addition to the Mineplex ones. Like traditional smileys, frowns, frustrations, etc. And also, please add the infamous :thumb: emote.
    [​IMG]

Anyways, as I said, I'm really excited for this new site, and I'd like to thank everyone for their hard work getting it together. But, I would like to see these issues addressed. The future looks bright!

EDIT: During the process of writing this post, I have discovered that bullet point lists are not functioning correctly.

EDIT 2: Bolding text also appears to be disabled. I know you guys wanted to limit the amount of formatting we can use, but that's a bit much...

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  13. Marzie

Marzie

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    EvilDunk likes this.
  14. EvilDunk

EvilDunk

These two silent weeks with no new trainees will be weird haha

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  15. ClassN

ClassN

You guys did well on this one, I have to give it to you. Some of these I'll have to take a closer look at (such as how Necro affects things), but I think it's a general +1.

However, you've yet to jump the Light Advertisement hurdle. It's about time we can say other servers' names without being subject to warning points. I'm not saying you should allow other server-centric discussion, or for people to explicitly advertise other servers, but having mentioning a server in passing be punishable is a no from me.

Any of the technical issues I've noticed should buff out in time, and I'm not too concerned about those. But if you take one thing away from this: change Light Advertisement.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  16. Klobko

Klobko

RIP old enjin website. This one looks interesting

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  17. Oscaros_

Oscaros_

Completely accurate and already a thing! We've in fact got a system where Light Advertisement is not issued for mentioning a server, but rather centering a server on the forums/bashing mineplex using another server, I'm sorry for any confusions you may have had from this but yeah; this is in fact already a guideline for us forums staff!

I will also ask for a clarification of this in the rules if necessary.​

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Vocaloiid, Elita and ClassN like this.
  18. inns

inns

I love the new website, it looks so much cleaner.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Wanderer and Devon like this.
  19. E0C

E0C

Thank you to the staff members which helped out with creating the website.The new website is much better than the previous website!

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Wanderer and Devon like this.
  20. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

Love these updates! All we have to do now is fix Light Advertising! @ClassN @LEO

Posted Sep 13, 2018