• 2083 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10521 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

New Website Updates

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by Jarvis, Sep 10, 2018.

1. First, I will keep my name leo_thya in both in-game and in the forums. I just made it LE0 in Discord for fun. :P And according to Oscaros, Light Advertisement has already been changed.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  2. As someone who has heavily criticized the Enjin forums structure and warnings in the past, I must say I am honestly impressed with your efforts for Xenforo and the new rules book. While it is regrettable that we didn't have more transparency, you still gave the senior community members what we'd been asking for and we much appreciate it.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    leo_thya likes this.
  3. I am extremely impressed with the new website. It's way more professional and I have to say I like that you guys have stepped away from Enjin. It's also nice to know that this is Mineplex's own website and not one which is also managed by another company like in the past where Enjin also had some say in your website if you will. Like I said I'm extremely impressed and can't way to see the more updates to come. :)

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  4. Personally, I liked Enjin better because one account did the job everywhere, but I guess Xenforo is cool too. It has its upsides definitely. Still looking forward to the new site though.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  5. This new website is amazing and I'm loving the new site tags too. Good job!

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  6. The new website looks polished and very nice, especially on mobile. However I'm confused on the lack of clarification of what is allowed on walls and what is allowed on forums. Is swearing allowed on walls without warning points? Do regular enjin wall rules apply or were changed? Either way, I applaud you on the work you guys have pur into the website and I look forward to what's coming next

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  7. I love the idea of groups now

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  8. Swearing is not allowed on profile posts. If a rule does not explicitly state that it's not applicable, then it will be enforced everywhere. That being said, we are still making changes to accommodate any requests, so let us know what you want changed in feedback thread.

P.s. swearing is not going to be allowed either way.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 13, 2018
  9. I highly disagree with this enforcement. If you have opinions not allowed publicly on the forums, I feel as though you should have the right to say them on your own wall.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
  10. Well, the thing that changes with this new site is that Mineplex not only owns the forums, but also our profile pages. The only way to access these walls is through Mineplex. Therefore, they have the right to administer their rules on our profile walls. I do think there should be some leniency with walls, but I can understand something like no profanity.

If you want to keep doing that, stay on Enjin or post it on Twitter. Since these walls are only on Mineplex, I intend to keep them only for Mineplex-relevant information, and post more general stuff on Enjin.

Posted Sep 13, 2018
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  11. We are going to be pretty lenient here, especially with the removal of "un-constructive criticism". However, there is a fine line between the right to opinion and bashing people or the server or being hateful. Keep in mind, we are able to fully moderate all aspects of the website. Therefore, anything you say or do on this website must be appropriate and follows the website rules.

I'm still making adjustments to the rules so that it is more flexible on the profile posts and whatnot. So keep a look out for those changes and updates.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 14, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.
  12. I think we should all be nice, politically correct and civilised when it comes to the proposed potato update.

Leave a potato if I helped!

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  13. I understand that, which is why I wouldn't mind slander, discrimination, and old enjin wall rules with a few tweaks added to wall posts. However I don't think the occasional swear here and there on a wallpost should be warnable. But to each their own. I do appreciate you making it more flexible for profile posts though.

Posted Sep 14, 2018
    joshbet9 likes this.
  14. I meaaannn if we don't allow swearing in-game and on our discord, why should we allow it here now that we have the control over it?

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  15. I understand that, but then why was it not punishable before on enjin and now it is? Just how screamers etc were punishable

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  16. Because even if we were to ban them on OUR site, nothing was stopping them from just going on another Enjin website since their wall/account was connected to every enjin site they joined
    --- Post updated ---
    We can actually just stop them completely here and don't need Enjin's help

Posted Sep 14, 2018
    JoePCool14 likes this.
  17. I'm so freaking HYPE for these new forums

Also, with the new automatic necro post system, it says the old exceptions apply but users will see a warning when they are posting on a thread older than 30 days. But what about if the user is the OP of the thread? Would the system then only show the warning after 3 months?

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  18. This is known and was talked about beween the forums team. We can't really remove it for certain threads + we won't be warning players for posting on a thread that they're allowed to. If they read the necro post rules they would understand this.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, if they were to "update" their thread (meaning they post on it) the necro post warning will go away

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  19. This is absolutely wonderful! I’m a fan of Xenforo already, even though I just started using it. Xenforo is super mobile friendly, so I’m glad you made the switch!

Posted Sep 14, 2018
  20. Still disagree, but everyone has different opinions. I do hope the rules are more lenient on wallposts however

Posted Sep 14, 2018