• 247 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6422 Players Online
  • 6175 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Night Sky Photography with Sony DSC-H300. (Jupiter & It's Moons, Earth's Moon, Evening Sky, & More)

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by le Brownie, Oct 21, 2021.

?

Give me your honest opinion!

This poll will close on Jun 21, 2034 at 8:35 AM.
  1. VERY Nice!! I love your pictures. I loved every part of it!!

75.0%
  2. They're nice, the Jupiter's Moons part was cool.

50.0%
  3. They're not good and not bad.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. sorry I dont like them that much in my opinion :)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I dont like them at all sorry :c

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hello again!!

Last night was a great night for viewing the stars, the moon was full and also Jupitar was quite visible as well. Although I had already packed my camera away for Vacation, (Which is tomorrow, from the date of this message being sent) I wanted to take a few more pictures before I finally packed it away, and that's what I did. So without further talking, Let me show you the pictures!

No Tripod was used.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These following 2 images were not taken for beauty, they were taken so that you can see how many Stars were visible. I was able to make it so bright like this because I took the picture with an ISO of 800, Shutter speed of 8, and an aperture of I think 4.4 | The pictures are shaky / blurry because when you use a high shutter speed, it takes a longer time to take the picture, so when you hit the Capture button it will say "Capturing..." for about 20s. During those 20s, the more you move the camera the blurrier and shaky the picture will turn out, and since I dont have a Tripod that's what you get.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- The Moon / Moonlight -

[​IMG]

- In bed -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Moonlight shining through Skylight -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- This little dot you see is Jupiter -

[​IMG]

Now, this picture might be a little confusing but it's not. Remember how I said when using a higher shutter speed it takes a longer time to take an image, and how during the time the camera is "Capturing..." the more you shake the more shaky the picture will turn out? Well that unfortunately is what has happened here, but the big bright smudge you see in the Middle is Jupiter, and the 2 tiny streaks on the side are it's Galilean Moons. But to be honest I just think its crazy that I took a picture of something 420.52 million miles away from Earth.

[​IMG]

Alright, thats all!! hope you enjoyed my Photography, see you later, until next time! (Ill post another thread soon on Beach photography!) Bye.

Posted Oct 21, 2021,
    Last edited Oct 21, 2021
  2. I like the jupiter and its moons part, that was really cool
    Also, the rest were nice too
    So yeah all really good!

Posted Oct 21, 2021
    Aleph and le Brownie like this.
  3. Oh my!
    You take beautiful pictures Brownie!
    They are amazing!

Posted Oct 21, 2021
    le Brownie likes this.