• 414 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8852 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Obstacle Course

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf, May 8, 2019.

1. This is 2 games merged into 1 game as 3 games are better than 1, but YOU CAN ALWAYS SUGGEST MORE GAMES!!!

Game 1: Mazes!!!

For Mazes, there are 5 mazes, every new one gets harder over time! There will be 5 apples in a maze so the mazes get harder, spells get worse and more negative, and at levels 3, 4, and 5 there are guards. For levels 3, 4, and 5, you have a wooden sword though!

THERE ARE 2 TEAMS OF 4! THE GAMES END WHEN ALL THE APPLES ARE FOUND!!!

Level 1: Only good spells (leap, speed, ETC) are in the maze and the maze is easy, and symmetrical so its easy to find 5 apples.

Level 2: A few negative spells (slowness, blindness, fatigue, ETC) but mainly positive spells. The maze is still easy, but its no longer symmetrical and theres more misleading paths! There are again 5 apples.

Level 3: An equal number of positive and negative spells, the maze is the same as Level 2, but there is 1 Zombie Guard around 3 apples (You have Wooden Sword to fight the guards).

Level 4: Mainly negative spells and a few positive ones, the maze is way harder than Level 3 or 2, but 3 zombie guards are surrounding every apple there (Keep in mind theres 5 apples here and also in Level 3).

Level 5: There are only negative spells and the maze is the same as Level 4 but 2 zombies and 2 skeletons surround every apple, (The mobs are actually silent).

THE TEAM WITH THE MOST WINS MOVE TO THE NEXT GAME (GAME 3)!!!

Game 2: Mob Arena Elimination!!!

This game is Mob Arena but except there is a winner. When you die, there's NO respawning in the next round, you're out. The last player to remain in the arena wins. When you are first though, you still keep going, it just stops when you die!!! There will be the same Mob Arena kits.

KEEP IN MIND THIS THE 3 GAMES I JUST LISTED ARE ALL MERGED INTO ONE GAME!!! THAT'S WHY THIS GAME'S CALLED OBSTACLE COURSE!!!

FEEL FREE TO GIVE ANY OTHER GAME SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS GIANT GAME!!!

--- Post updated ---
    Hello???

Posted May 8, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator May 10, 2019
  2. I like the Mazes idea, however the team SG mode has way too many kits for me and doesn't seem necessary, and if there is already Mob Arena why have it again with elimination?

Can you explain how these would all loop together into one game properly? Stages, rounds, etc.?

Posted May 8, 2019
  3. MP games are supposed to be short, sweet, and simple (apart from longer duration games like SG, where the context and nature of it accepts it to be longer). Your proposal combines the simple and neat characteristics from a, for example, arcade game and blends it with the complex MOOD of a hardcore or intermediate game, which I find to be very weak, especially since you combined 3 games which is like taking Wither Assault and mixing it with Nano Games (it just doesn’t work).

If they were individual suggestions, however, I feel the 1st is the weakest of all. It seems VERY complex and all over the place with MULTIPLE kits that seem to be made for a SHORT game for 16 people. It tries to make its mark as something like Micro Battles (a short and sweet version of the long bridges) but ends up like a complex form of MB SG. If it was simpler, I would like your idea, but it seems to over-detailed in my eyes.

Your second suggestion, I admit, was pretty stable. You placed down the concrete structure of the game (in which a simple idea such as mazes is welcome to a lot of people) and added some good elements. I just don’t really like some oversimplified parts. Your inclusion of teams, 5 mazes (in which I believe 2-3 would be good) and complex spells and additions make it hard to value. If it was cleaned up and had a shorter duration, I would say it could become a Nano Game for all its worth.

Your third one, unlike the other 2, was almost perfect. It’s simple and great. I would just say add a few details for it not to be completely bland (then, again, it could become a Nano Game) but not over-the-top like with the other 2.

Overall, these are great ideas. keep it going(lowercase on purpose)!

Posted May 8, 2019
  4. Game 1 is a 2 team battle of 8 players. Game 2 is actually just 5 mazes where you find 5 apples in a maze and theres lob guards. Game 3 is just elimination for Mob Arena
    --- Post updated ---
    can you make Game 1 less complicated?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 8, 2019
  5. Game #2 does sound very good for a Mineplex game. Similar to Monster Maze, but instead of going to the checkpoint, you go to the apples! It would probably be better as a solo game, and maybe if it was shorter, a Nano Game map? Who knows...

Posted May 8, 2019
  6. Although I feel the games need some revision, the obstacle course is an interesting concept. However, I think your suggestions are vastly different games that won't really be able to weave into a single game. As such, I'd much rather see these as separate games.

For your first suggestion, you've definitely overcomplicated this idea by putting way too many kits. You can most definitely simplify this by getting rid of kits with similar skills and features. I'd honestly say this would be too similar to Micro Battles, so I'm not sure if this idea will work out.

Fortunately, your second game, Mazes, is a pretty solid idea. The only concern I have for this is that players will end up memorizing a lot of the maps, so there would need to be a lot of mazes to prevent players from dominating the game. Because of this, I think a map from Monster Maze would suffice. Rather than making the course itself difficult each time, there should only be more obstacles to make it harder for players to score apples for their team. Other than that, I think this is a reasonable game idea.

The third game is very closely related to Mob Arena. Because Mob Arena doesn't exist in Java, I think this should be added there (preferably in Nano Games). This is a nice and simple idea, so I believe this will work out only if it is implemented onto Java.

Overall, the last two games are definitely reasonable. With a couple of tweaks here and there, I can see these being implemented in the future.

Posted May 8, 2019
  7. To everyone, I removed those 4 extra kits (Attacker, Golem, Snow Golem, Mega Knight) for Game 1

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 9, 2019
  8. Hello,

I love how thought out everything is in this post. You obviously put time and effort into making this game and I commend you in the idea!

As for the first game there are just too many kits. It's very hard to process everything. Maybe halving the kits and only picking the 4-6 best ones would be a good option. Then,
    I need a little more explanation. A normal SG map wouldn't work very well with these kinds of kits and all. Especailly considering you said that players need to attack or else they are punished. Maybe making a much smaller SG map, wizards-style, would be a good idea.

Again, I love the initial idea, but in action, there are a few modifications I think are needed. First, I feel like the game will get a little longer if it's constant maze after maze. I would suggest that each maze is no more than a minute or two or else the game could get too lengthy and people might not want to play as much.

Okay so I don't quite understand how you could possibly merge these games into one. They all have drastically different game style and wouldn't work together. Separating them would be your best bet, maybe even suggesting one to be put into Nano Games would do the idea well.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted May 9, 2019
  9. I removed Game 1 as its too similar to a team micro battles.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 10, 2019