• 924 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6158 Players Online
  • 5234 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Oh No Here we go again

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by CornP0wer, Sep 20, 2020.

1. can we please stop people from skybasing in skywars? Seriously. It's gotten so bad to the point where people are cowering in the sky at build limit. (idk how to send pictures someone help i took a screenshot for nothing)

Posted Sep 20, 2020
  2. I'm not sure if you are referring to Bedrock Skywars or Java Skywars, but since this was posted within the Java section I'm going to assume that. After a given amount of time in a skywars game, the "corruption" will start. This turns the islands/blocks into "netherized" versions causing players to take damage and eventually die if they do not head towards the middle of the map. Given this, if people were to skybase way out on the border of the map they would either a) eventually die to the world border or b) die to the corruption when it starts spreading. The corruption is essentially a giant sphere that shrinks into (0,0) if I'm not mistaken, meaning that players are forced into the very center of the map, and will eventually be outside of the sphere if they were skybasing above (0,0). So given the fact that the game intentionally will force players into the middle, I think that skybasing is fine, as eventually these players will either die to corruption or have to come down anyways. I'm not sure if Bedrock Skywars functions the same when it comes to corruption but I would assume so.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
    Disgruntle likes this.
  3. Hey, as said above map corruption is one natural way of preventing skybasing. It can extend games so I understand your frustration, however it's important to bear in mind that there are simple functions to combat skybasing and speed up a game. Throwing TNT is one way, and in fact, if you land a shot on a skybaser and cause them to fall, the fact that they skybased could actually improve your chances of winning in that scenario. As said above by @Baloo, map corruption is spherical I believe so you could just wait it out and get a win from that, or they would be forced to drop to your level. But if you're hoping for a faster game, then game mechanics such as Throwing TNT can be particularly useful for dealing with campers. I don't think it's really necessary to introduce rules to stop someone from skybasing since there are ways of dealing with it as mentioned above.

Posted Sep 20, 2020
  4. Well I meant bedwars in the bedrock edition (oops), so I posted this in the wrong forum. But what I meant was, they were litterally skybasing at middle, so the world corruption couldn't reach them. (Also how it ended was the guy i guess was on mobile, because he pearled on my friend and wasnt quick enough to hit my friend off, so my friend just hit him off instead and he died of fall dmg)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 20, 2020
  5. I haven't experienced this.

Posted Sep 25, 2020