• 546 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7695 Players Online
  • 7149 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ok seriously Guardian is freakin’ broken

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Jul 24, 2020.

1. there really is no counterplay to Guardian

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 25, 2020
  2. Creeper counters Guardian, when lightning shield is up Guardian cannot melee you without being hit by LS which LS alone can do some damage.

Skeleton Horse deals a stupid amount of damage and is a good counter towards Guardian if played right.

Wolf could be a good counter towards Guardian since Wolf also does a stupid amount of damage and can escape Target Laser easily.

Slime is also a good counter since Slime Rocket does insane knockback and damage so goes with Slime Slam as well so you can keep distance from Guardian.

these are some suggestions for counters against Guardian, obviously this in my opinion i'm sure theirs something else that counters Guardian.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  3. This thread has turned into a bit of a mess and needs some serious cleaning up it seems.

For anyone viewing this thread and wanting their voice to be heard, might I reference you to the Game Insights - Super Smash Mobs Google Form where you can type your heart out for what you think is and isn't broken. Game insights will see your response and if there is enough people who agree with you, we may just see changes to SSM!

SSMGI Google Form Reference link Here.

Might I also reference you to the actual thread from a SSM Game Insights member, @Niervaco , so kindly made with the link to the thread listed Here.

Thanks everyone!

Take care,
    ~Hubble

Posted Jul 25, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  4. I agree that guardian is insanely dangerous with target laser. But if you just run away enough to break target laser, then you should be clear to kill it for about 15 seconds (correct me if i'm wrong but I think that's its recharge time) And then water splash is usually not hard to bait out depending on what kit you use. Once that's out of the way, just see if you can melee it to death. I know, easier said than done since guardian has a broken hitbox.

The good thing is that I don't usually see a lot of people using it

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  5. A broken kit being countered by broken kits does not excuse it to avoid nerfs

OP OP
    Danese likes this.
  6. all of which classes are broken lmao

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  7. You can argue that half the roster of kits are broken...

Guardian is also not broken, if the laser doesn't connect it's useless against most kits. And even if we got nerfs and buffs right now, kits would still be broken.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  8. broken classes

Horse, Wolf, Creeper, Guardian, Slime, Zombie

Not quite op but not exactly balanced either.
    Cow,
    Blaze (due to lag it can induce on opposition with the smash),
    Enderman
    Spider

balanced:
    Chicken (annoying, not op),
    Magma Cube,
    Witch,
    Wither Skeleton,
    Skeleton,
    Villager,
    Sheep (again, annoying not op),
    Iron Golem,
    Pig,
    Snowy

underpowered:
    Squid (solely because regen is too slow for it’s size)

OP OP
    zytrus likes this.
  9. Put Enderman and Spider in the broken catagory. Magma cube is one of the worst kits out there, not balanced. Chicken is bad as well, not even close to balanced.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
    Wildbrandon likes this.
  10. Nah I’ve won as chicken and I’ve lost to it, magma cube isn’t actually that bad

OP OP
  11. You just need to triple jump.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  12. ?XD just because you win as chicken and lose to it doesn't mean it's balanced? Magma cube is extremely bad.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  13. Enderman literally does the same melee damage as a Guardian with laser on you but can shoot projectiles doing up to like what, 9 damage? And you have a much thinner and glitchy hitbox compared to guardian? Then if you master the ability to blink -> melee you easily get some free hits, it has better mobility/recovery than the Guardian, The Enderman is broken.

And Spider is absolutely ridiculous I find it odd that you think it's "not quite op". A decent spider will juggle you into oblivion as soon as the needler touches you, the needler has quick recharge time with good damage, it can do like 2 hearts to many kits if most hit. Spin web can keep you stuck longer than a cub tackle except it's harder to avoid and can keep you stuck in the air, making you a pinata for the entire lobby, it's ability to get back on the map with spider climb is also pretty crazy.

Magma Cube if used right is also extremely deadly and can eat your hearts in seconds, if they have good melee, it's really hard to kill if they get big, only real good counter to them being ranged kits... Once it even gets to 2 tics in size it's already about the same size as the guardian but with better armor, mobility, regen and base damage being about as much as a guardian with target laser. Then it has another tic when it's damage goes to about the level of a wolf with max ravage.... QQ

Skeleton that has good aim + running, also pretty busted.

There are also some other kits I could name that aren't really OP but they are not really balanced because they would still destroy most of the roster almost everytime if both people have equal skill. So maybe not exactly half, but close to half the roster is not balanced at all. You have plenty of kits at your disposal that can counter guardian, you should use them.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
    zytrus and Name Tag like this.
  14. It’s full iron not full diamond,just saying

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  15. On release it had diamond if you actually read it

OP OP
  16. I did, but it now has iron.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  17. How do do survive iron golem smash crystal. The kit is fine but what happened with the smash..

I think magma cube is balanced

don’t agree about villager though. That’s so hard to fight but maybe I’m just bad lol

imo villager, guardian, enderman and zombie are too op + slime should have longer cooldown

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  18. All I was saying was that it was op at some point, so clearly they could rebalance the others But simply don’t wanna do so

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 26, 2020
  19. This is a game with so many kits, it's got to be hard to balance everything in a way that works. I understand there may be issues, but it's also impossible to get rid of them all. It remind me of Clash Royale, a game with 94 different troops. The devs are constantly changing and balancing the things in that game. SSM just isn't popular enough for that kind of attention, so problems like this will always be there, and quite frankly its not that big of a deal. I've never had issues when fighting guardian in SSM. For me, atleast, I rarely see someone playing guardian win.

Furthermore, criticizing the devs themselves wont exactly motivate them to help you with this specific issue. Focusing on this problem with a more constructive way may reap better results than saying things such as "you had one job devs, ONE JOB" I don't know about you, but that wouldn't make me want to help anyone talking to me like that.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    Name Tag likes this.
  20. The only broken kits are the kits that don't have a skill cap.

Posted Jul 26, 2020