• 827 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12006 Players Online
  • 11179 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Ok seriously Guardian is freakin’ broken

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Glitchy, Jul 24, 2020.

1. their attention is primarily on making a bedrock version, like maybe fix the java version first before starting a new project

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 26, 2020
  2. Glitchy I believe this is purely a player skill issue. If you don't know how the kit works you get destroyed by it. And from what I've read, you just need practice against the kit. Guardian can be a little wonky, but if you outspace it you shouldn't have any issues. Use abilities to push guardian away or escape target laser once its used. after that they can't really deal any serious damage. Water splash may not take kb, but bone rush is special and still has it's same push back effect on guardian. (only ability that will override it's anti kb) All you need to learn is how to deal with the tools it has. As you must with every other kit.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    JusticeDeBouwer likes this.
  3. you can’t counter the splash which is the best bet to spiking it since it’s airborne and is a heavyweight class

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 27, 2020
  4. You can counter the water splash by dodging it or using a kit that has a skill which allows you not to take KB or Damage from the splash at all.

Magma Cube, Skeleton Horse, Squid, Cow, Blaze.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  5. or you know, not make damaging skills give 100% kb resistance

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 27, 2020
  6. Enderman, Skeleton Horse, Squid, Cow, Blaze, Magma Cube, Zombie, Villager, Wolf, Spider. These kits can counter it.

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  7. The Guardian has no armor, the least it can have is a move that allows it to "dash" without getting blasted away into the void or juggled right out of the ability lol. It doesn't take much hits to get a Guardian low with any kit, and the less health = more kb. Without KB resist on water splash once the guardian gets hit by 1 combo it can't get in close to deal any damage to mostly any kit and it would get voided way more than it already does.

There's a lot of abilities I could complain about, but rather then just get get beaten I try to work around the abilities using strong abilities of other kits. Person above me recommended good kits that allow you to avoid or straight up counter the ability. If you can't counter it after practicing with these kits for a while it's simply a player issue, Guardian isn't as powerful as you think.

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  8. no armor? It has half a diamond armor set

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 29, 2020
  9. Diamond Boots and Pants is worst than Chainmail without a helmet, it has the 3rd worst armor in the game if my memory serves me right. Magma Cube, Slime, Squid, Pig, even Sir Sheep got more armor than Guardian. Kits like Slime can kill a Guardian in like 4 seconds.

Posted Jul 30, 2020
  10. a broken kit being countered by a broken kit doesn’t excuse it from getting rebalanced

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 5, 2020
  11. I will agree with you and I think that the SSM GI is already considering a re balancing of the kits. However, I will say that some of these threads are about people just complaining because they personally don't like the kit or they find it to be annoying. But I do feel that a good amount of threads talk about actual problems with the kits, so I still think that SSM could use a re balancing.

Posted Aug 5, 2020
    Crash likes this.
  12. Other kits can kill guardain pretty fast, and Guardian isn't even broken...

Posted Aug 5, 2020
  13. Wrong on that one, there is no kb resistance. You just have so much speed that only certain things do enough kb to force the guardian away

Don't know exact distance, but low enough that a movement ability + double jump away can immediately break it. If you save your abilities and keep track of what Guardian has, it's not hard to deal with... but that also requires thought and getting good, which is obviously something nobody coming to forums to whine cares about

You'd be surprised how close it is to actually being in a really good state balance-wise, outside of smash crystals. Does still have issues, but the weak kits are a lot stronger than they were previously, and the pub meta kits (S.Horse, Creeper, Blaze, etc.) are a lot less strong comparatively to prior broken kits. A couple small changes and most things would be fine.

Dev's don't choose what they work on, and Bedrock and Java dev's are mutually exclusive. Leadership problem.

I mean, sure, but if you actually get better at the game you can abuse the guardian's limitations and beat weaker Guardian players with any kit if you really want to.

The measure of how good a kit is tends to be if a rando can pick it up and immediately make it difficult for a significantly more experienced player to deal with them. Guardian has not yet been a case of this for the entirety of its existence

The actual armor amount the guardian has is significantly lower than the vast majority of other melee oriented kits.

Posted Sep 4, 2020
  14. ???????????????
    how does an old guardian main not understand how water splash works

Posted Sep 4, 2020
  15. Here's hoping SSM will get a much overdue update and rebalancing soon because (IMO) the only kits that are actually balanced are squid, skelly, witch, sheep and villager

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Looof likes this.
  16. When the guardian looks in a more vertical direction, the hitbox becomes more off-center. Using F3+B as you play might help

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    ilyLegend likes this.
  17. Because I'm an old guardian main, I know exactly how it works, I'd played the kit extensively and knew how it worked before and after the speed adjustments to it, and I'd been on GI talking about the changes it was to be given and directly talked to the Developer making said changes

Not a level of understanding an IG main that got called out for cheats would realistically have

Posted Sep 6, 2020
  18. ok this is just blatant bait but if it isn't i'm pretty sure water splash just doesnt take kb from certain abilities because they only accounted for regular kb in ssm, not weird kb like deaths grasp or wool mine

Posted Sep 6, 2020
  19. enderman teleport

Posted Sep 10, 2020
  20. Nah dude, all abilities effect it, it's just so much speed its hard to notice, try getting hit with a full barrage or anything from Creeper, basically. If you do some proper testing and look at recordings in slow-mo, you'll definitely notice the significance, just not easy to see it in normal play for most abilities

Posted Sep 11, 2020