• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Old Games Popularity

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Drawfull, Mar 4, 2019.

?

Should mineplex focus on a revamp of the classic games?

1. I think that a revamp of classic games would be good for the network

15 vote(s)
    93.8%
  2. Nope.

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Drawfull

Drawfull

Hey,

So I've been out of the mineplex network for just almost a year now and in my time of absence Mineplex (as a community) isn't really recognizing the games that are true classics like Gladiators (yes there is a hub version but I'm talking about the actual Gladiators game), Turf Wars, Dragon Escape, and more...

My point I'm trying to get at is before my departure from the network and community these games were booming in popularity and somehow in just under a year it's gained less popularity than it did a year ago (2017/18) and it would be nice to see these games start to gain more of a player base so games can start with it but I know it won't happen I'm just trying to make a point here, the more games mineplex comes out with the more old classics (don't get me wrong, Survival games, Sky Wars and games like that are great) aren't getting enough attention on the server.

- Drawfull.
    (I apologise if it sounds a bit, well, repetitive)

Posted Mar 4, 2019
    Hqzardous likes this.
  2. ppancake

ppancake

I completely agree tbh
    New games like CW are getting all the attention while the potential and community for other games just die due to a lack of recognition

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  3. r1ght

r1ght

But Gladiators isn't even a classic. Most of the true classics were deleted during my 2 year absence.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  4. Drawfull

Drawfull

Hey vadim23, By a classic it's what you used to play when you first started off playing and its true to what brought you to the network is what i mean by a classic. And you're right, all the best classics were removed. but mineplex has a chance to bring it back in the future.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 4, 2019
  5. ezlee6

ezlee6

We have to focus on the "trendy" games. You can find a Cake Wars game on the server through the whole day, same can't be said about games like Dragon Escape. Your idea of revamping is cool but there's many factors that go into that. For example, say if a revamp is done, but it still doesn't gain it's popularity? Then whole revamp would seem pointless considering nothing would change. Things change, people find different interest, we can't stay the same forever and doesn't just go for Mineplex, it goes for anything.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
    DiamondBudderAxe likes this.
  6. DiamondBudderAxe

DiamondBudderAxe

I'd love to see some of the old classics get revamped, but as ezlee6 said it's not always worth it. Castle Siege got a revamp if I remember correctly and later, it got removed due to a lack of players (iirc not the only reason on its removal but a big factor). The revamp was more than likely trying to bring in old and new players. Now mistakes do happen, things don't always go your way, but Mineplex has limited resources and it's a much smarter move to be making changes to the more popular games which are getting most of the attentive because it will please more people than say, revamping Skywars.

This doesn't mean a revamp of a game will never happen, it's just my thoughts on why I think a major one won't really happen. If Mineplex does find the resources to do this, I think it'd be incredible as long as the more popular games, like Cake Wars, doesn't suffer.

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  7. MrDrProfessor//_Prof_

MrDrProfessor//_Prof_

New fresh ideas are what servers grow off of. Games need to be updated at least every once in a while to keep their popularity and player retention. Most of the games Mineplex has are also existent on that other server and seen as they have much more players than us, it is likely they will not choose Mineplex. The classics that are only on Mineplex are a big part of the foundation of the player base. Specific games only being playable on Mineplex is what really helps draw audiences here. Yes, I do believe classics need a revamp.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Mar 4, 2019
  8. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hey there!

I like the idea of having to revamp some of the older games in the server. But it will take some consideration whether they decide they make some decisions which one is the best way to do so or not to. Like it cannot be always the same thing forever while the other players have different interest like what ezlee6 said above his response. Sometimes, the older popularity games need to be going away and then the newer game has come.

I am really hoping if I can play the older games again if they are able to make the huge comeback.

Posted Mar 5, 2019
    MrDrProfessor//_Prof_ likes this.
  9. Ayeconic

Ayeconic

Hello!

As a huge fan of old games such as Gladiators and Dragon Escape it would be amazing to see them make a return, however, I also understand why they had to be removed and I don't think there is much a revamp could do for games.

It was great to see the return of Dragon Escape and Paintball and the community responded very positively to their return, so I don't think there is anything preventing old games from returning and there is a possibility that they maybe could make a return someday. But once again we have to make sure that the community isn't split up as it could cause issues with games starting.

As for the revamp I don't know how these games could be revamped and personally, I think Gladiators (despite how fun it is and how much I loved it) is better suited as a Nano Game where it is now and Is in a good position currently.

Have a nice day :))

Posted Mar 5, 2019
  10. BBoy2003

BBoy2003

I do admit that some games have definitely decreased in popularity over the years, but that also has to do with the fact that the community isn’t as big as it was when you left, since then the server has added new games and content for players to enjoy. People like cake wars because it’s a fun game with cool mechanics and there is nothing wrong with that. The old games that you are talking about are still here and available to play it’s just that player’s focus has shifted toward the newer content. What you could do though is make a mineplex player server and only play the old games that you like and tell anyone that joins that only older games are getting played. You can also make a forum post saying that you will be hosting an MPS that only plays old games so all the people who think exactly like you will join you’re game and you can have fun with them.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  11. darkmeen

darkmeen

Hii!

I see your point of view but as @ezlee6 said, focusing on the trendy games is more important. Games go trendy and at one point, they lose their popularity so the leadership team decides to focus on the currently popular games, and it’s the best decision they could take.
    Of course, I also miss some old games like Castle Siege but I know they won’t be brought back since players lost their interest for these kind of games. These games will always remain in our heart. <3

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  12. gaminggenius4

gaminggenius4

I agree 100% I miss some of the old games they are what made mineplex even more special well sure they added some back to arcade but it isnt really helping.

Posted Mar 10, 2019
  13. _H2O

_H2O

I don't consider Gladiators a "classic" game, but I can somewhat agree with your point. There are a number of games that have been on the server for a long time that haven't had any major changes to it. I do think some could benefit from a revamp, such as Draw My Thing and Bridges. However, I also don't think that means we should neglect adding any new games. I think it would be better to try to balance new additions to games while also introducing new games every now and then. New games keep the server fresh and while revamps can do that in a way, it also still comes down to the same game over and over. I think it's also important that players don't always accept change well when it comes to their favorite, classic games. Mineplex has to consider the players' perspectives and not change games completely or it could result in angry players.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  14. Chrris

Chrris

Yeah, I definitely agree all these games have rarely been given updates and in my opinion updating these games (and not making them bad updates) would give players a reason to play the game back. I also believe a lot of other games should be updated too because lots of them haven't been updated in a while.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  15. SympatheticBear

SympatheticBear

i thikn you should make more epic versions of the old games like super duper paintball where u have rpgs
    --- Post updated ---
    and paint gerndades and u can get alot of kills and wins and be on top ranking

Posted Mar 11, 2019
  16. StephenTries

StephenTries

Hey!

I agree with your suggestion! I believe if Mineplex was to revamp (and reboot) games like UHC, Castle Siege, Survival Games, Block Hunt, the Arcade games etc. then I think they’d attract their old playerbase back. The people who used to play < 2016. I believe that if they create new and fun ways to play, they could honestly regain a lot of players. New maps, new kits, new everything! - but not change it too much to make it a completely different game. Maybe they could start to advertise? It may be a long shot, however in my opinion, advertisement is essential. Not spamming the IP in other servers (obviously), but possibly weblinks?

I’ve sticked around for as long as I have because I enjoy the new games that Mineplex are coming out with but, unfortunately, Mineplex’s player statistics do not. I think this is due to the (publicly) invisible changes that some of the classic games have had. I’ve not noticed much, other than a couple new extraordinary maps. I think we need more than that!

Anyway. I do agree Mineplex needs to spend more time creating more new and exciting updates for old classic games!

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  17. Fall

Fall

With that mentality, nothing is ever made. Why bother developing new games when we have Cake Wars? Why bother innovating at all? Why bother updating games that were at one point quite popular, and only really died because people stopped fixing the glitches and adding new content? It's all pointless if they flop and we can't take that choice, can we?1?

Posted Mar 15, 2019
  18. PapiKirito

PapiKirito

I wouldn't say revamp, but meaningful updates (kit balancing, achievement kits for games that don't already have them, etc.) would be a nice thing to have for the less loved games. I think what would be more helpful is if Mineplex had more server-wide events or tournaments for those games.

Posted Mar 15, 2019