• 449 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8887 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

OP Classes..

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by averwhy, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Mainly, its just that chicken has an insanely good recovery and is annoying (just like blaze). If you actually try to dodge the chicken missle but try to attack, you may kill the chicken as it wont auto reload if it doesnt hit someone. Wolf is really unbalanced since they move super fast and really small. Creeper, you'd just have to double jump as soon as youre sulphur bombed (or a bit before you see it hit you but dont double jump right when theyre about to sulphur bomb). Blaze is also op since youd have to try to see in the fire and not hit the void and the particles are distracting (inferno also recharges too quick). Thats just imo though.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  2. Creeper and Wolf absolutely need nerfs asap, another kit that needs changes is the Blaze, but I suggested a rework a while ago.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  3. chicken is awful. literally garbage. chicken players are forced into that run-and-gun, avoid combat at all costs until you land a few missiles playstyle you lament so much because it's their only hope of viability and even then if you know what you're doing it's not that hard to play against. very annoying, yes, but that's just how it is.

i can understand your frustration about wolf a little bit more. wolf's kit encourages a hyperagro approach which some players can't handle, and, admittedly, cub is very annoying to deal with. it's still not unbeatable though since many kits have area denial abilities that you can use as a failsafe in case you ever get hit by the cub - which, in all honesty, shouldn't be happening very often. it's pitifully slow and has garbage range, which makes it extremely easy to bait out or just flat out avoid. on top of that, wolf is probably one of the easiest classes to gimp in the game, since its recovery is straight up terrible and VERY exploitable. even in a melee duel (which you don't want it to come to because that's the area where wolf excels), if you have good aim you can easily trade and win with abilities or even just win the melee duel.

creeper is so ridiculously overrated it's not even funny. lightning shield is there because creeper gets absolutely steamrolled in melee without it. many people lose the creeper matchup because they try to find a balance between playing defensively and using their abilities to keep them at bay before going in if they see a window of opportunity and playing offensively - but that's just it. the single easiest way to deal with creeper is choosing to either commit to an insanely agro rushdown playstyle where you get up in their face and completely pummel them with melee attacks, OR you go entirely on the defensive and never let them get close to you, just using projectiles to keep a VERY safe distance while whittling away their health, and if they try to run away to regen, you follow them (still keeping distance) and keep up the pressure. as a creeper secondary, yes, it's very good, but some people make it out to be top tier when it has several glaring weaknesses and counters.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    _JPXFRD_ and Yato like this.
  4. Still even without being top tier, Creeper players don't have my respect

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  5. I respect everyone's choice of kits. They are absolutely free to choose whatever kit they want- that includes Creeper players- and I am not so arrogant as to judge their choices. You disappoint me.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  6. I mean, they are free to choose any kit they want, I won't stop and I can't physically stop them from picking any kit, but still, the Creeper is a fairly annoying kit with a low skill cap, it's obnoxious if your kit is centered around abilities like two of my favorites: Guardian and Iron Golem (at least Golem can melee with powerful hits, but suffers heavily from the overtuned knockback of sulphur), and sometimes it's tough to get close to them when the knockback lasts as much as the cooldown of Sulphur Bomb. Sorry if that sounded arrogant and if it still sounds arrogant, but it's not just me that feels this way, there are multiple players that cannot bear the sight of the Creeper because of the stigma attached around the fact of it being obnoxious.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  7. Well then, your grudge is against the kit, not the players. But I disagree with your opinions about Creeper. I main Iron Golem too and never experienced this suffering that you mentioned. On one hand, Sulphur Bomb can be easily dodged if you strafe correctly. And whenever the Creeper charges for Explosion, I love to melee them since they're standing so still, Hook them, or Fissure them. On the other hand, Fissure and Flesh Hook is done from a distance while Seismic Slam doesn't even need you to touch the Creeper. And if the Creeper dodges, IG still has enough armor to trade hits with Creeper.

I'm more annoyed with Blazes since Inferno melts through my armor and they charge Firefly too fast that I couldn't melee/Hook them in time; you couldn't even melee Blazes while they're in Firefly. And they even have more armor than Creeper. But I still respect Blaze players. By the way, do you have tips to fight Blazes as IG? Whenever I see 2 Blazes in the same match, I had to use Creeper because Explosion is the only ability that can counter Firefly. But whenever I see 2 Blazes in the same match and I'm using IG, I know I'm going to lose because they spam Firefly so much and I couldn't move away in time to dodge them :p

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  8. I don't have any, I don't play IG as much right now, I'm more of a Villager player currently; but anyway, I think that IG stands no chance against a good Blaze that can dodge and predict your abilities as well as melt you with true damage and firefly.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  9. Nice! It's an very tough kit to fight against since I'm not used to fighting them and since there a very few expert Villager mains; even the tier list doesn't have sufficient data for analysis. But when there's an actual Villager expert in a match, I'm outmatched by their speed, damage, and the very annoying Spike.

*sad Iron Golem noises*

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  10. somebody nerf them

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  11. I'm honestly surprised people call wolf OP. Sure, it can kill really quick, but as long as you're playing a mobile class ie squid, blaze, spider you can get around the cub tackle. That being said, it does feel unbalanced when you're frozen and taking damage left and right. As most people have pointed out, chicken is also more annoying than OP, and the low health means you can chase it down and kill it. Overall, it's mostly a question of understanding the playstyle and playing around it.

On a pessimistic note, there have been countless threads calling for nerfs on creeper, chicken, wolf, blaze, etc etc etc and it seems like a majority of the community agrees on most of them but how often does something actually happen?

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  12. I think Wolf is crazy OP due to how much damage it can output in such a small time, but Chicken is just a minor annoyance at this point.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  13. All kits can be countered, if you cant beat someone or one kit, is your lack of skill

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  14. The thing is, even if you are skilled, if you get hit by wolf's cub strike your basically screwed.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  15. I've been hit and survived though...

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  16. If its a skilled wolf? I play slime and normally am dead every single time as they have their teammate with them. (I play teams mostly)

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  17. I was in a solo game and they weren't super good so that probably why. Also I was like sky squid

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  18. Oh, then yeah I understand that. The kit isn't that hard to learn, its move set and the play style are super easy to learn. Also in solo they probably wont kill you, but when they have a teammate and both hit you while you can't move? and they can chase you consistently and just spam it, the damage it does is too op in my opinion.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  19. I saw that the creeper kit was brought up and I agree that the kit is very hard to combat due to the constant explosions and knock back they deal. Chicken is great for mobility as someone else said but I don't think they are too OP, just harder to hit!

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  20. @landay wants to know your location

Posted Aug 26, 2019