• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7791 Players Online
  • 4901 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Outlaw Ewok & Yoda skins (Short Skins)

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Games' started by xPradaProdigy, Aug 6, 2020.

?

Should extremely short skins be banned from Bedrock PvP?

1. Yes, short skins should be banned

2. No, they should not be banned

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The short skins on the Bedrock edition of Mineplex make PvP unfair. Firstly, they are very short, one block tall to be exact, and are sometimes hard to see without a name tag. This can become a problem in games like Turf wars and Cakewars where they could be easily hidden behind a single wool block. Second, you cannot see what armor they have on, making your fight or flight response utterly useless as you do not know if they could overpower you or not. This is a danger to players in Cakewars and Skywars as knowing the type of armor your opponent is wearing can be crucial to whether or not you could actually win the fight. Finally, short skins are very hard to hit, seeing that you can barely see them, giving them a silverfish type of advantage over players. This can be difficult for players using a mobile device or on a console. In conclusion, short skins provide an unfair advantage over players using a normal skin. Most servers have short skins outlawed, why can't Mineplex?

Posted Aug 6, 2020
    mr.moneybags likes this.
  2. They have the same hit box, aren’t owned by Mineplex, and people are paying real money for them. I am sorry, but they cannot be banned from minecraft bedrock. Maybe you could talk to Microsoft about it, but Mineplex cannot do anything about it (except for making everyone have a default skin.) Wow there r so many threads on this.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    okDamien likes this.
  3. Hive and galaxite have

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    Perseus and xPradaProdigy like this.
  4. Now I do understand your frustration because I do find that short skins do offer an unfair advantage to those who use them. Now I do not like that with short skins like the Yoda and Ewak ones you are unable to see what armor a player is wearing. I think that offers an extreme advantage and it makes it hard for players to judge on whether to engage or retreat. Now maybe these skins should just be made so that the armor is visible so that way their advantage could be eliminated. Also, you have to remember that short skins still have the exact same hit box as a normal skin, it just looks smaller. These skins are also content offered by the Market Place and I do not think they should be banned from Mineplex.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  5. I honestly agree with everything degagelemming95 has said, my only addition is that yes these skins are sold in marketplace...specifically MINECRAFT'S market place. I just think if you buy a skin from the actual game itself you shouldn't have it banned from places like Mineplex because it is ingame money spent. The skins aren't offensive and tbh would be Nice if Mineplex maybe figured out a way to work around that. Yes it gives advantages in some games but in others it is simply a skin.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    Degagelemming95 likes this.
  6. Although they can be annoying in certain instances, these skins have the same hitboxes as regular skins. Therefore, these small skins have no advantage in terms of combat. They only have their peaks when they are behind cover or when they are wearing armour.

Furthermore, these skins are owned by the Minecraft Marketplace, meaning the owners of these skins have paid to use them. Considering they don't offer a huge advantage, it wouldn't be fair to restrict these skins from users.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  7. I agree with some of the responses above. It wouldn’t make sense to punish for a skin that can be purchased from the games own marketplace. Most people don’t know this but the Ewok and tiny skins actually do have the same hitbox as a regular sized skin. The only difference is that you can’t see their armour. In other words, it shouldn’t be punishable, but instead should be worked around in a way that so that the skins could be blocked from being used on the server.

Posted Aug 7, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 13, 2020
  8. Hmmm, but when I play on Hive and Galaxite everyone has the same skin. Skins are meant to show some of your personality, having a whole bunch of yellow Steves (Hive) or four default skins (Galaxite) is pretty lame. Just get over the Ewoks being shorter, they have the same hotbox so it doesn’t really matter.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  9. I agree that short skins are harder to play against mainly because as you as you said we can't see what armour they have. One solution might be that when you get within a five block radius of a player a hologram appears above their head which shows what armour they have. In the latest update we saw holograms above chests in Skywars so surely it would be possible to implement this.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  10. on GOD i cannot stand it when a 4 inch ewok roll up on me in skywars bro. want to just pummel their faces in.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    JAKE/// likes this.
  11. Very much in support of blocking the one block skins from all games (or just PvP games really, either or) from Mineplex. It comes down to guessing what your opponent has and hoping for the best if you both have equal skill if they have a one block skin. I really like the take other servers have taken to solve the issue through changing one block skins to pre-determined default skins.
    It might not feel like an advantage to some players, but I definitely agree that there is an advantage with smaller skins, even if they have the same hitbox. Often when I'm facing smaller skins, I have a harder time hitting them because they aren't as easy to follow as normal skins when in close range. They also allow you to hide behind blocks, which is a pain especially when they're an archer or you're just someone walking on a one-block bridge unsuspectingly.
    If we're able to block these skins like many other partnered servers have, I think it would be great and beneficial to the PvP community.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    MC_Minium likes this.
  12. I highly agree with DaP. You have no idea what type of armour your opponent has. You can easily hide beside a block and snipe bow shots without being seen. I do think this is an advantage in the game even thought the hit boxes are the same. Gameplay overall with tiny skins aren’t the best. If something can replace these skins as the player joins, that can be a solution.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    MC_Minium likes this.
  13. What I think about those two skins(Ewok and Yoda): I remember the times when everyone received a blank white skin because of a new 1.15 feature-skin creating. I think that those people who use Ewok and Yoda skins must receive this type of punishment.

I also want to say something else. You probably heard someone saying that "Evak ant Iada shald nut be baned, day hade no rmal hit baxes". The "invisible skins" also had normal hit boxes, but it was hard to hit it, we also mustn't forget that during the fight your thinking and time are limited.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
    xPradaProdigy likes this.
  14. Yeah, I see most people saying "They have normal hitboxes and the only real advantage they have is not being able to see their armor". Well, that's all the advantage they need. Also, they can hide behind 1 block of wool. Like, the heck.

Posted Aug 13, 2020
  15. Its pay to win. Its that simple.

Posted Aug 19, 2020
    pinkphi63 likes this.