• 1329 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9767 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Pac-Man!

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Knazamn, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Hello!

Yes, you might be thinking 'How would we add Pac-Man into Minecraft?' Let me explain.

There would be 15 players. 5 Ghosts, 10 Pac-Man's. Ghosts will have a random color chosen (Dyed Leather). Pac-Man's will have Yellow Dyed Leather Armor. Pac-Man's goal is to break all of the wool inside of the maze (Can be any color). Ghosts goal is to eliminate (Kill) the Pac-Man. If a Pac-Man finds a bigger yellow wool, and they break it, all Pac-Man's would get a Diamond sword, and the ghosts would have to run. If a ghost dies, they would re-spawn in the center. If a Pac-Man dies, it is game over for that player. There would be a time limit, set to 10 minutes. During the game, if there is no power for the Pac-Man, (when they get a diamond sword) they would get nothing. A ghost would get a diamond sword, so they can kill Pac-Man's. Ghosts can not camp yellow wool. If they do, they can be kicked from the game, or maybe even banned, usually a hour for the first time, longer each time. It doesn't just have to be Pac-Man themed. You can make the mazes as decorative as you want.

What do you think?

Some suggestions of achievements are:
    Sliding Through Walls: Kill 3 Pac-Man's as a Ghost in a minute.
    Carrying Lives: Destroy at least half the wool as a Pac-Man without dying.
    Yellow With A Golden Trophy: Win 50 games as a Pac-Man
    Invisible Winner: Win 50 games as a Ghost

Kits for Pac-Man:
    Speed: Gets 3 Speed potions.
    Find: Gives a compass, tells you where the nearest wool is.
    Warp: Warps through a wall. Can only be used once.

No kits for Ghosts.

I may try and make a map for this, as I think this would be a really fun game.
    What do you think?

Posted Aug 15, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 16, 2019
    _Prof_, SpitefulNick, avae and 2 others like this.
  2. I swear i've seen something like this before. Honestly if they added a Pac-man game to Mineplex it would make it so much more fun to get online every day. It honestly seems like a very good idea and honestly i think that if it were implemented it would be pretty popular.

Posted Aug 15, 2019
  3. I would love to see this knaz omg but personally making new games isnt a priority as the priority rn is to revive old games and fix games

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  4. Heyo!
    I have personally never seen this game mode on another server before, and it seems very unique and fun. It is a cool twist to the original game with a Mineplex feel as well. Here are my issues/suggestions/questions to this though, as I feel it could use some improvement.

Starting off, I feel this game should be something that would be put into MIN. I don't think this should be a standalone game, as I feel it could lose popularity and whatnot. I am also wondering if a player on the Pac-Man team broke the wool, would it be broken on all Pac-Man's teams? Or would every player have to break that single piece. Some suggestions I am going to make would be lowering the time to 5 minutes since 10 minutes is a little extreme. Also, maybe make it so when a Pac-Man dies they turn to the Ghost team, but it takes 10 seconds. To prevent camping next to the wool, maybe make it so if you stay in a 5x5 radius of the wool it would kill you after 3 seconds of being near it, so there is at least time to run away. An issue I have with this game would just be how it is similar Monster Maze, Snake, etc. so maybe having it stand out a little more would make this game shine in the spotlight.

Overall, this game could still use some improvement, but I enjoy the general concept of it. Not too complicated, not too simple, entertaining, and not that repetitive. This is going to have to be a +1 from me, and I hope I helped!

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  5. One player has to break it. Not every player has to break it.
    The Maze would be pretty big, so it is not just like some small maze.
    Wouldn't this make the game a little bit easier for the ghosts? But I like the idea!
    I don't really like this idea. You can't camp, but it shouldn't kill you after 3 seconds.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2019
  6. Hey!
    Honestly, I like this idea, however, I feel that this game shares certain similarities to an already existing Mineplex game: Wither Assault. Wither Assault is a game in which you can spawn as a Runner or a Wither. The Runner's main goal is to stay alive during the allotted period of time, and the Wither's goal is to eliminate the Runners within that same time. Although they aren't exactly the same idea, I do feel that they are quite similar. This is why I think that this gamemode would make a much better variation of Wither Assault then a new game all together. An example already existing on the Mineplex network would be like TDM and CTF falling under the name Champions. This way I feel that the game could have similar mechanics to Wither Assault while also having its own feel to it. However, as @ItzBunniYT has mentioned, I believe that Mineplex is working more on QoL updates and updates to older game rather than new games all together. Overall, I think it's an interesting idea, and I'd love to see more ideas from you in the future! +0

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  7. Hello there!
    I do really like the idea of this game mode! Like @BaconAnEggs , I also noticed that it is rather similar to Wither Assault, though I don't think that would be a problem in this case as they are different enough to still both have their own uniqueness, and of course with this game being based off Pac-man, that kind of eliminates it being related to a game like Wither Assault in my opinion. I like the idea with the yellow wool being broken as a main goal for the Pac-men, but one thing I can't quite seem to wrap my finger around is the whole camping idea. Yes, camping would make it hard, but I feel like it is unnecessary to punish players for camping the pieces of wool. I feel a solution for this would maybe be coming up with an idea that gives the pac-man a chance if they encounter a ghost at a piece of wool. I'd love to hear any more ideas/updates you come up with for this game, and so far it's a +1 from me! Have a good day. :)

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    TooMuchXMas4You and BaconAnEggs like this.
  8. I really like the idea of this game. It may be a little complicated for newer players to understand, how would you combat this. What game description would you give it to make it as simple as possible?

All in all, amazing idea - but if people can't understand it easily, it creates a bit of an issue :p

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  9. Personally, I'm a big fan of this idea. It's entirely original, and introduces a good strategy-combat combination into one game. I have some questions, though.

How easily do you think it would be for Ghosts to hunt down Pac-Man? Do you think that map guidelines would be pretty difficult, considering that it's going to be a really large, coordinated maze? Taking into consideration the time limit and the amount of wool in a single map, do you think that breaking through each individual wool block would take a large amount of time, meaning eliminating a Pac-Man would be made easier?

Sorry for the jumble of questions, it just seems that this game has a lot of room for difficulty if isn't introduced with precise goals in mind. I really like you achievement kit ideas - those are really creative and would require players to grind out the game :).

+1 from me!

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  10. Maybe making breaking wool blocks faster based on remaining time/amount of pac-men alive would be a smart idea to keep the game balanced :p

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    Hestong likes this.
  11. Hey!

Awesome I love this idea, I have no idea but this idea kind of reminded me of a 'real life' pac-man game I watched, It was pretty awesome and exciting, It would sure get me addicted super quickly, great thinking. +1

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  12. hello!
    the concept is great, love the kits, and game sounds fun.
    This could probably go to mixed arcade can would be great!

Posted Sep 11, 2019
  13. I'm recalling a similar idea by someone else...? Maybe it was @Cupi Wupi / CupAWup 's? Idk.
    As for the idea itself: I like it, but how would anyone win?

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  14. Basically, the Pac-Man's would win by destroying all of the wool in time, and the Ghosts would win if they kill all the Pac-Man's in time. If the time runs out, if there is less Pac-Man's alive, than Ghosts, the Ghosts would win. If there was more Pac-Man's Alive than Ghosts, the Pac-Man's would win.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 12, 2019
    RealDiamondKitty08 likes this.
  15. This sounds like lots of fun! I see this becoming one of my favourite games if it was added. No other popular server has games that replicates Pac-Man quite as well so this is something very unique!

There are a few things I would change. I recommend not giving the game name anything from the original, maybe have it be Mine-man or something along those lines. The ghosts should not be able to see name tags or else finding pac-mans are too easy of a task when F5 is already a debug feature. When ghosts are killed, I think a pac-man should be revived for each. Just having them respawn in the center does not help too much as in the regular game, eating ghosts really propels your points.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Sep 12, 2019
  16. As much as I like the respawn idea @_Prof_ , that'd make it really hard for the ghosts to win....

Posted Sep 15, 2019
  17. Hey!

I like the idea of the game. But, this is very similar to wither assault and kind of similar to dragon escape (eh not really but kinda). Also, I feel like the developers should focus on a main game instead of more minigames to come out with.

I like the game I just don't think it is needed. But, I wouldn't be opposed to it and I would probably play the game.

+0

Posted Sep 15, 2019