• 974 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5371 Players Online
  • 4397 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Paladise's Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Paladise, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Hello!

I'm Paladise, formerly known as Bobtroopo before my IGN got stolen (and if prompted, I will deny having ever said this). I'm 15 years old, a sophomore in high school (learning online), and I'm from the US. I've been playing on Mineplex since the 2nd of October back in 2015 (I can't believe it has been 5 years o_O). Over the years I have transitioned through many of the mini-games typically unlocking the achievement kit and gaining a couple hundred of wins while making friends and fond memories. After realizing how fulfilling it was to help out the community, I have turned my attention to becoming a staff member on here and became an Aspiring Trainee (this was actually the IGN of a person who later became trainee / AspiringMod). As part of this process, I joined the Community Mentoring Program (CMP) which I highly recommend if you are interested in learning more about Mineplex or just want to make new friends, (shoutout to everyone in CMP I have gotten close to :) ). Additionally, I started a community with CupAWup called CTF1 which is open to reviving Capture the Flag.

On to me as a person, most of this information I have already hinted at somewhere on the forums or on discord previously, but I guess I will compile it here. I'm learning Chinese in school 但是我很不好. Currently my favorite subject is Physics (maybe it's because of the 100 o_O). One of my most recent hobbies is listening to Spotify, I just got it a month ago after finally figuring out how to block ads without getting Premium. (I really hate ads and having to pay money which is why I use adblockers and watch pirated movies). I also like playing the piano, programming, chatting on discord (telling a certain someone to go to sleep earlier smh), watching Arrow (just finished Season 1), or taking jogs in my free time.

I have debated whether or not to add this last part in, and have finally decided to. Over the past several years, I have hurt several people, my ph is no where close to where I would like it to be, and I'm deeply sorry for those who I have been rude or unnecessarily mean towards. I'm willing to make amends and you are free to dm me on discord (Paladise#2340) if you would like to talk further. Furthermore, I have become aware that much more recently on the forums I have started being unnecessarily aggressive towards several people and through some of my recent threads, I have started to divide the community moreso then trying to unite everyone. My intentions were only to benefit Mineplex, but I definitely could've been much more mature and approachable in some of my responses to feedback. I'm looking to steer clear of any more of those threads and to keep in mind the effect of some of my responses especially as text over the internet can send the wrong message.

Anyways some random facts about me:

Some of my goals besides becoming staff are to become level 100, get the Blow A Kiss taunt, and actually become good at a game o_O. My favorite colors are blue, gold, and white. I love basically all types of food. And I have never broken a bone.

That's some stuff about me so.... <o/

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Zyta, Sunny / Slash, Fusafez and 14 others like this.
  2. it’s about time :/

also neat introduction :D

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  3. Hey Paladise!

Awesome to finally see you posting an intro thread! We play CTF quite often together, and I'm glad to say you're one of the friendliest people I've met. You're super passionate and always there for the community. Very well written introduction, and I hope to see you on the team soon!

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Amg_ and Paladise like this.
  4. Nice introduction Paladise.

I have seen you around the forums and in Staff Request a lot during my time back here on the server, and I have always wondered what your story was and who you were. From my understanding, you’re very well known in the community and it’s very nice to see an official introduction from you! As I was reading your introduction, I noticed you kind of went into your past quite a bit and that takes so much courage to come out and say what you’ve done in your past. We all make mistakes, and we are not perfect. I’m not the same person I was a year ago or the person I was years ago. Our mistakes don’t define us as a person, it’s how we move beyond them and learn from them that do. It’s undeniable that we all make mistakes and we all must move forward and try and grow as people. And I appreciate that you put that small part in your introduction because it seems you’re trying to move beyond your past. Like yourself, I most definitely enjoy listening to Spotify, watching shows on Netflix, and working out / running. I think it’s cool that you’re learning Chinese and I have personally never been too fond of Physics myself, but that’s cool that it’s your favorite subject! I would say mine would easily be English/writing. Fun fact: I would love to learn how to play the piano someday. I think it’s such a beautiful instrument and I would enjoy playing/learning how to play. I feel old reading this thread because I started playing on Mineplex about 2014, haha. Not too far behind you. I know a lot has changed over the years, and I know I certainly have. It was very nice to officially read more about you Paladise, and I wish you the best of luck with your journey in regards to growing with the community and becoming staff. I also have a goal to become level 100 and as you said, to become good at a game haha. Thanks for sharing this great introduction, it was well written and I had fun reading it.

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    20LeeBrian1, anna ♪ and Paladise like this.
  5. Hey Paladise,

It's really cool finally reading your introduction as I see you so much on the forums! I wish you the best with your journey to becoming level 100, as well as becoming a staff member. I hope to see you around!

~~

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  6. What's up Paladise :)

I've seen you around a lot both on forums and in-game helping a lot and promoting ideas that you have come up with, and it is always impressive to see the amount of work and effort you put into each thing you do. Besides that, we are also part of CMP together, which I also see you active in, so it's great to see an official introduction from you as well! Being upfront about mistakes or issues in your past is never easy, so I definitely commend you for being courageous to do so, and admitting something you've done as wrong is always part of humility and the best approach to have to be able to move forward, I definitely respect that. You are a great person, and everyone makes mistakes, don't let them define you :). Hope to be able to play with you in-game sometime instead of just seeing you around, and I wish you the best of luck in achieving your many goals!

Posted Oct 15, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  7. Paladise the coolest,10/10 would recommend
    imagine not having blow a kiss taunt tho smh

Posted Oct 19, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  8. Hey!
    Awesome to get and see who you are, as I've seen you around a lot recently! We actually have a lot in common, I'm actually taking Mandarin myself. I'm only a freshman in high school, so I don't actually know any characters yet, let alone how to formulate a sentence. I have also never broken a bone, guess we're just built different. Anyways, I've noticed you want to join the staff team, I'm the same! Who knows? Maybe we'll be batch buddys.
    See you around!
    -LJ

Posted Oct 19, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  9. Yep

Thank you :)

You too are one of the most friendliest players I have ever met. I still remember the time when you got trainee :eyes:, and I'm proud to see how far you have come as a staff member. Thank you very much ;)

I also see a lot of you helping out in Staffrequest :) Thank you for the advice, and I also like English a bit. Hopefully one day you can learn how to play the piano, and hopefully we both can become level 100 and good at a game :)

I also see you a lot on the forums, and thank you :)

I also see you around on the forums and in-game, and it's nice starting a conversation with you :) Hopefully we can party later on and play together Thank you :D

Susie even cooler, 11/10 would recommend to anyone who wants to get carried :P
    I would have the taunt >:(, but I wasted all my shards before Valentines day came around

Good luck with Chinese :D We probably are built different, and good luck to you too :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 19, 2020
    PROSTONE, Susie, Amg_ and 1 other person like this.
  10. Hey Paladise!

This was a lovely introduction to read; one of the most interesting I've seen in a while. I already know you from being your MA in the CMP and you're one of the most friendly mentees I have. It's always a pleasure seeing the effort you put into answering QOTDs and QOTWs when you're not even required to do either. I can most certainly testify to your hardworking nature and I'd like to wish you the best of luck on your goal of becoming a Trainee in the near future, and the rest of your goals too of course.

You were most likely sent a lengthy introduction when you first joined the CMP, but I'll re-introduce myself in case you happen to learn something new about me. My name is Caleb (shocker) and I'm currently 15 years old too. I'm turning 16 in January, which I'm looking forward to as I'll be able to take my driver theory test. I've been anticipating learning to drive for a while now as I can't wait for the sense of freedom it's going to give me. We bought an electric car a few days ago and while there are so many benefits (including being very environmentally friendly), another is that it won't be overly difficult to learn to drive in it compared to a regular motor vehicle. That's the latest on what's been happening in my life, so on to more general stuff.

I'm not sure what my favourite subject is as I'm taking so many this year. It's most likely still English as I really enjoy the creative writing aspect and being able to put my thoughts down on paper. My favourite subteam on Mineplex would have to be the Newsletter Program for this very reason. I've only been taking Physics for about two months but the concepts are hard for me to get my head around, which to tell the truth, can be frustrating. I wish I picked Biology and Chemistry instead of Bio and Physics! I love listening to music as well; I'll listen to anything that sounds good. I don't really have a preferred genre, but I do like plenty of Taylor Swift. Love Story will never get old. I also like to hang out with my friends, read and write, exercise, do some casual sports, and play Mineplex of course.

Thanks for creating this introduction - it was great to learn some more about you! I would like to add that I very much accept your apology. Even recognising that you might have wronged others in the past is a huge step for you to take and it's sure evidence of self-growth. I don't know about you but I'm really glad you added that paragraph in at the end. :D

Posted Oct 19, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  11. nice job palidice :D i see your work every where and it leaves a dent in the community (a good dent) keep it up! I bet you a million dollars you going to get accepted as a staff member :D (not actually I'm broke, so pls don't charge me if u don't get accepted) anyways best of luck!

Posted Oct 19, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  12. PALADISEE

We have a lot in common ngl LOL. Your CTF com is so fun to be a part of especially with the great conversations we have while waiting for players to join. Maybe we can be batchies :eyes:

Posted Oct 19, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  13. Hi Paladise,

I actually see you posting quite a lot on my idea threads, and you usually try to be nice even when you disagree, which I greatly appreciate. You aren't like some other people who just say "no" on an idea and then get multiple likes instantly. I like how you explain why you disagree. I wouldn't necessarily say that you are "new" but welcome to the Mineplex Forums anyways!

I have said this phrase below on like a million introductions but I will say it again cuz why not:
    On Mineplex the word "hypixel" used to be censored so I said "hypizel"

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  14. Hey! It was really awesome to learn more about you, and I enjoyed reading about what you liked doing. I think my favorite part was owning up to your mistakes and seeing past yourself to how you've effected others. That in itself is a huge step for maturity, and I'm super proud of you!

I will say that this confused me for a few seconds however:
    Thanks for reminding me that I need sleep, it's been a while xD

Overall, it was a really good read, and I'm glad you introduced yourself! I'm a bedrock player, but maybe we'll see each other around on the forums. Good luck with applying, and have a great day!

Arrow-

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  15. Hey Paladise.

It's nice to meet you, I haven't been on the forums for a while but it's still nice to meet you! From the responses I've seen to this thread already, it seems like you are an absolutely amazing person and I am sure that you are. I hope to be able to get to know you more as my activity starts to come back on the forums and hopefully see you in game as well. Good luck on your future staff applications and I hope all goes well for you! I'm sure that you will make an amazing staff member in the future, once again good luck on your applications and I hope to get to know you more in the future.

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  16. Hey Paladise!

This is a really nice introduction :D very informative!

I've seen you around active in most places and it's always a delight to see you! Hope to see you round more!! :P

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  17. Hey Paladise!

After having seeing you around, it was lovely getting to read an introduction about you!

I love your CTF1 community and I am glad that you are making amends, that shows a great amount of maturity.

Hope you have an amazing day!

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  18. Hey Paladise,

I remember seeing you around within lobbies and games. You are a ver pen minded and intelligent person, with a great set of strong qualities like kindness and advice. Great introduction! Hope to see you soon :).

Posted Dec 11, 2020
    Paladise and allegient™ like this.
  19. paladise u have no buisiness being this cute I love you babygirl please notice me I am ur number one fan xoxo :P

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    Saigul2, anthxny, Paladise and 2 others like this.
  20. Hey, this was a neat introduction.

There so many things we have in common but I'll keep this reply short and simple.

I've seen you around a bit but haven't really had the chance to say hi. From what I've heard, you seem like a great person to be around. I've always wanted to learn Mandarin as well, but have been putting off to focus on some other things. As for me, my favorite class would have to be AP Psychology or AP Language.

I hope to see you around some more! (Also, I'd like to get to know you some more so feel free to start a convo with me :))

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    Paladise likes this.