• 678 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5540 Players Online
  • 4862 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

(Parity) Show every kill in chat on Cake Wars

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by IWantACookiieee, Jan 17, 2021.

?

Should kill messages be shown every kill?

1. Yes they should

76.2%
  2. No, they should only be kept for eliminations

23.8%
  1. I would like to see every kill be shown in chat, not just eliminations. The reason I suggested this is because of one of the changes in the Cake Wars update to show that the kill is an elimination. It has a few advantages and disadvantages.
    Advantages:
    - It can help with showing who to look out for
    - Helps identifying spawn killers
    Disadvantages:
    - Since people know who to look out for, they may target that person/team.
    - Chat can be spammed with kills
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posted Jan 17, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 17, 2021
  2. Pretty sure they only show it for eliminations because they don't want the chat to be spammed too much

Posted Jan 17, 2021
    CloudXYZ15 and IWantACookiieee like this.
  3. Hi there,

I personally believe it should stay the way it is. As you said the chat could get spammed and you may miss out on other messages such as your cake being eaten. I understand your points but I personally don't think this would be necessary.

-MC Minium

Posted Jan 17, 2021
    IWantACookiieee likes this.
  4. may miss out? bro if ur cake gets faded there's a MASSIVE RED POPUP on your screen telling you ur cake got swiped LMAO

Posted Jan 17, 2021
  5. Don't forget that there's also a sound accompanying the message. Also the cake eaten message color is based on what team color you're on

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 17, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
  6. Ima stay neutral on this idea. There are definitely some advantages to showing kill eliminations but I think a huge disadvantage as you listed is that it clusters the chat. Plus ultimately I just look out for elimination kills to know who to look out for.

Posted Jan 17, 2021
  7. I meant if other team's cakes get eaten. I believe that is important information. As well as missing out on team chat.

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    IWantACookiieee and Paladise like this.
  8. I don't see why not.

In terms of the disadvantages, while I get the first one, I don't think that'd be a big enough issue and is something fairly minor and is a legitimate strategy.
    As for it "spamming chat" there's not a ton to worry about missing in the gameplay unless you're staff in which you'd just need to be attentive, players shouldn't really have to worry about that, especially when their main concern during that game is losing their cake or if they have the middle beacon. In that case, like mentioned above, you do get a pop-up message when your teams' cake is eaten in the colour of your team which goes fairly quick but still should notify you well enough for it to stick out amongst a filled up chat. Plus the cake message is in chat too if you wanna double-check, it shouldn't be completely overflooded. Sure this will spam the chat a lot but I think we're overthinking how much this would actually flood it. Games are fairly quiet anyway so it's not like you need to pay much attention to chat other than important kills.

If another teams cake is eaten, the star next to their team on your screen will disappear, which you can check, at least, this exists on my phone so I assume it exists for other Bedrock platforms.

Bedrock, in general, is usually quiet and as a player, you're not even obligated to respond to anyone if they're saying something. You might like to or your team is fairly chatty, it should still stick out enough for you to either scroll up a tiny bit or see. If it's clouding your screen, you could probably change your settings. If you're looking out for something specific in chat, just make sure you check when you catch a break or pay close attention to the messages you're getting.

I don't mind if it gets added or not, it won't impact as much whether it stays this way or doesn't, it's not too important but I do think if it's wanted I don't think the spam issue would be as bad as it seems.

Posted Jan 18, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 18, 2021
  9. This is honestly a great idea, so you can find out who you need to watch out for in games. For example, if you see a player killing a whole team in chat, you know to think twice before battling them. Currently you have to wait for final kills to find out who to watch out for when battling them, and if they isn’t any final kills yet (assuming this is CW) you could end up losing a lot of loot just because you didn’t know how good the player was. Kill messages for every kill would greatly help.

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    xGetRekted and IWantACookiieee like this.
  10. bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 2, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.