• 883 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9321 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Parkour puzzle (nano game)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Flippaz, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Hello there!
    Just thought of this so please don't be too harsh. My game idea is called parkour puzzle and the aim of the game is to be the last person alive. How it would work is players start with a parkour course to complete. They have a certain amount of time to complete the parkour and then they have to solve a puzzle. Whether this be a math sum or anything else, the playera have 10 second to complete it before the next set of parkour starts. As the levels progress, the parkour becomes harder until only one player is left. As I said before, I just thought of this so don't be too harsh but feel free to give any feedback!
    Thank you

Posted Dec 26, 2018
  2. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to disagree. This is a combination of the parkour game and the puzzle could be a variety of different games (eg. math in Quick, etc.), and combining to games isn't necessary.

Posted Dec 26, 2018
  3. Heya!

Interesting idea, but I have few questions / suggestions for your game:

- First - How long will the game be?
    This is an important question, because NANO games are most likely to be fast moving games. This one, however, seems like a long game. I think there should be a limit -- it'd be 3 - 4 minutes, and the person who's first would win the match. People would be able to respawn if they die. I suggest that because:
    1. Games have to be as fast as possible, because games are like that in NANO.
    2. There are people who are really good at parkour, and if there's no limit in game, they could go for too long, which would make dead people leave the match.

- Second - Will there be more puzzles than just math equations?
    I'm asking this just because I'd find this game kind of annoying and boring with ONLY math equations.
    (I also think that 10 second is too much to solve a math problem, as for example in Quick game, you usually solve it less in 2 seconds, so I'd suggest putting 3 seconds as a timer for solving a math equation)
    Here are some suggestions for puzzles that could help the game:
    -- Little maze - Maze wouldn't be hard at all! But you'd have 15 seconds to get out, after it you'd get back to your last checkpoint if you don't continue on parkour stage.
    -- Something similar to Halloween Havoc puzzle (puzzle part with stairs and beacon) - I think puzzles like that would make game exciting! You'd need to finish them in 10 seconds or else you'd need to start your puzzle again.
    -- FAST! - you'd have fence underneath, and you'd have to get as fast as possible to the other side. You'd need to go left and right until you get there, you'd need about 6-7 seconds. (and no these fences will not fall underneath you, you'd just need to the other side on time)
    I can go on with those little puzzles... These are just some that crossed my mind :)

- Third - Is it normal parkour? - I'll assume it is, but I'd add some double jumps, up and down, etc. Here's the map that'd represent the parkour part https://imgur.com/a/sDVLuwt (sorry if it's too small, it's 12:40am at the moment so I'm too lazy to make it bigger, even though it's suppose to be larger ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ)

That's it from me! Those were just my suggestions that I hope it helped!
    +1 for this game, needs some work but it can become great!

Teodora / Tea

Posted Dec 26, 2018
    Caameronn likes this.
  4. Although this game idea seems pretty interesting, I’m going to have to agree with Pancake_7 on this one. Looking at what you’ve described, it seems too similar to existing Nano Games known as Hardcore Parkour and Quick. In Hardcore Parkour, you have to complete mini sections of parkour to reach the end. In Quick, you gain points every time you complete a challenge that takes up to 5-10 seconds to complete (on average). Combining the two probably wouldn’t be the best idea and doesn’t seem necessary when these two games are available to the player. Having a game like this could take a while too. My suggestion would be instead of the “Last Man Standing” aspect, there would only be like 10-12 challenges and all of the players that survive and complete each one would win together. I’d like to see what the others think of your “Puzzle Parkour” idea, and if they have any other suggestions to improve on this. Have a good day!

Posted Dec 26, 2018
  5. Thanks for the advice! I was thinking of a maze aswell and it won't just be math equations. I agree with the time limit of maybe 2.5/3 minutes and players respawning. Maybe if you get a point for completing a set of parkour and a point for the puzzle - the winner is the person with the most points at the end of the time period. Also it isn't meant to be normal parkour I was thinking of making it a bit difficult with ladders, drops and also double jumps.
    Thank you.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for the advice! I will change it in the future so it is the most points win (point for completing a set of parkour and a point for doing the puzzle)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 27, 2018
    nolawn likes this.