• 623 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7054 Players Online
  • 6431 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Party Command

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by PoozPlayz, Apr 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I think its an inconvenience when I want to party someone but the invite doesn't go on their end and I have to wait maybe 5 minutes to invite them back OR leave the server and join back. I thought that we could use a command that cancels the invite so you can invite them again. Thoughts?

- poozzz

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    BannableName and iKassy like this.
  2. Hey,

This would be a cool satisfaction change to make for the community. We could either have this command added, or if easier for the devs, decrease the amount of time people have to accept their invite. If the command would be added, what would the command name be? I do also get annoyed when my party invite doesn't work, and I have to wait a while to invite the user again. I am in favor of this idea, as long as it won't cause any bugs/issues that will damage the server for a while. I think some of the details in this idea could be explained further, but I like where this idea is going.The only downside I see to this idea is spamming party requests to streamers or trolling users by spamming invites. That would be up to the community to tell if that would be a problem, but I think this would be a decent change. Otherwise, hope I helped give good feedback on why this would be a cool satisfaction change to make, which doesn't have a lot of flaws in it, only some.

Posted Apr 18, 2020
  3. Hey :D

I think that would be a nice feature to add. I'm assuming like most, it can be pretty annoying having to wait a decently long time to re-invite your friends to the party. I sometimes use the Mineplex Clans IP to connect and party invites don't go through the Clans hub, so since it does that, my friends always have to keep trying to invite me. It would be nice if there if that feature was added. Since you didn't have a command listed, perhaps the command could be something like /pcancel <user> or something like that. What @Wiz2K said about the downside of it with it being used as spam, a cool down could be a possible solution? As for the 5 minute wait to invite someone, I think the invite back should be lowered to 2 minutes. Anyways, great idea! +1

Posted Apr 18, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.
  4. Hello,

Overall, I think this is a nice small change to add. I do agree that it can be tedious having to wait a while when a party invite does not go through for some reason. As others have brought up, a command like this could be abused in order for players to spam others with constant party invites, so that must be taken account as well. I think the best fix for this would be having a large cooldown on using this command, whether it be a cooldown on using it on individual players or overall in order to stop constant spam. I think this idea has potential, however it is not something that should be prioritized for Dev time in my opinion if it would not work easily with our current party system. That being said, hopefully this could be a nice addition to a quality of life update.

Thank you for suggesting this, and have a nice day!

Posted Apr 20, 2020
  5. I really like this idea! I agree that it can be annoying when someone misses the invite and you have to wait for it to expire in order to send another one. As already stated a cool down would be a solution to this command being abused (players sending and then cancelling invites over and over again) but I think that this would be a small change. Maybe the command could be /party cancel which would cancel the last invite rather than cancelling the whole party (as /party disband would do). Great idea though! +1

Posted Apr 20, 2020
  6. Hello!

I'd not mind having that command and I see situations where that can be helpful like when someone was invited to party by accident, so that can be used to cancel an invitation to them. As for implementation, that appears to be easily to make for Devs, so I'm looking into seeing that be added in the future updates.

Anyway, even after a year ago, but I'm here to say that luckily that idea about adding command to cancel party invite is already planned to do for the future update, and it was already included to Social Update proposals from CCO team which can be found on that thread. As for now due to that, I will mark that idea thread as Processed. Thanks for submitting that idea!

~ Idea Processed

Posted May 6, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.