• 3079 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9897 Players Online
  • 6818 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Party Queue System.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SATUREST, Apr 4, 2020.

1. I don't know if it is actually possible; I'm not big enough into MC coding to know whether or not it is, but if it is, I think non-ranked players should be prioritized when being sent to game lobbies. Using Cake Wars as an example, it's very annoying and a huge inconvenience when you're a full party, and it's three ranked and you're the only unranked, and you queue a lobby and for some damn reason you're sent to the lobby last so that you get left out of the game if there were thirteen players in the lobby beforehand. It would only be logical, and make sense, for unranked players to be sent to lobbies first; that way, if the lobby fills up due to your party, the unranked will be sent there first before it's full, and the ranked players after, because they're able to join full lobbies, thus it doesn't matter for them. Anyway, that's all. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope it gets fixed. Thank you.

Posted Apr 4, 2020
    Xukuwu likes this.
  2. This is a very good idea and is completely possible, however, you may have also wanted to expand on this idea a little bit. The main question I have is, are you always the party leader? If so, you may actually be experiencing a bug that the developers need to hop on because party leaders are normally prioritized for any game. If not, you may be getting queued for already full games selected by ranks in order to begin playing a game sooner. One of the advantages of purchasing a rank is the prioritizing of your character getting in to games first, and getting in to full games as well. I do recall back in 2015 that everybody used to join the game lobbies as soon as they queued, which was completely granted towards non-ranks favors due to the fast filling lobbies. An easier way to go about this would just be to request to bring that mechanic back, since it wouldn't involve any dev hassle considering the low dev count. You have my full support on this idea, and I deal with the exact same thing when playing with non-ranks. You have my vote to get this put through, but if you would be able to expand on this idea a bit, it would make things a lot easier for everybody to understand exactly what changes you're looking for on Mineplex! Good luck getting this put through, and have a great rest of your day!

-RealArcaneMage

Posted Apr 4, 2020
  3. I understand your point here, but I think this idea would only be effective if there was a large player base on Mineplex. I also am confused what you mean by unranked players, but I am assuming that means people that are solo queuing, rather than just people without a rank. I just think that this will make queue times a lot longer for the whole player base, so I am not in favor of this idea. Unless if there were a lot of people solo queuing for certain games, I don't think this would be a good idea, as people are already complaining about queue times for certain games. While I say this though, I understand the problem that exists of parties having a full advantage in cooperation comparing to people solo queuing. I just think there can be alternative solutions to resolve the issue with parties consisting of 3-8 people. If you mean unranked as in no rank though, I am not in favor of that because it encourages people to get ranks on Mineplex if they have certain perks that are more convenient than an unranked player. As long as the perks don't violate the EULA, then I don't think unranked players should get priority queues. Hope I gave good feedback about this idea.

Posted Apr 4, 2020