• 2275 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4359 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Party Suggestion

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by vezay, Oct 4, 2019.

?

Do you like my idea?

1. Yes

90.0%
  2. No

10.0%
  1. Heya!

I really like this idea, especially that you can start this function from simply clicking the view button that can be seen when the party invitation is sent out to the player in the chat. To add onto this idea, upon clicking on the player, it could directly send you straight to their stats, meaning it performs the function “/stats (playerName)”, this can be used quite often as it can be used by the player to get to know the party members more. The function can possibly be displayed in chat as a list upon request from the player as long as the party was under 5 players, there could be another option that lets the player view it as a GUI (Graphic User Interface) which would look better and would be forced to use if the party had more than 5 members in it. A new setting can be added to /prefs to toggle between the GUI and chat feature. Overall, I like this idea and would give it a +1 as it’s a small QoL change that could be used frequently.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  2. I really like this idea! It would save a lot of trouble and help players get more insight into what they're getting themselves into when they're invited to join a party. I personally am hoping to see it implemented!

Posted Oct 18, 2019
  3. Gangsta
    +1

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  4. I like this idea a lot. Often when I'm going into parties I'm not sure what to expect unless I have messaged the person asking whos party they are in or am in a call. Sometimes I'm invited to games or parties randomly and wonder if someone I know is in the party. There really isn't any reason this shouldn't be added from what I can see, and would help a lot, especially with people who often just party with random players. +1

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  5. This is actually an excellent idea. Maybe there would be an option beside the party invite that says something about, "Click here to check out this party," or similar. A menu could then open, kind of like the menu that communities have when you do /com (name). You could see all of the players in the party and their information there. I like THELichCA's suggestion to include viewable player stats for each player to see if the people in the party are any good at some of the games if you are looking to play with an experienced team of players. If it's similar to the communities menu, you could click on the player head and it would automatically go to their stats. This could definitely be developed a bit more, but I love the idea.

Posted Oct 18, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  6. Hello~~~

I like the idea that you proposed as it makes it easier for people who are trying to find skilled parties in games. It's also a nice addition to my suggestion that would make it easier for people in general.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 18, 2019
    kctie1234 likes this.
  7. you go girl

Posted Oct 19, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  8. Hey!

I love this idea of viewing who is in a party after being invited without actually joining the party. I feel as if it would be very useful information for users to know before joining a party who is present. I see no problem with the small implementation, other than that it may come at a later date due to the amount of good ideas we have gotten from the community. I don't use the party feature often, but of course there is the option of viewing who is in the party once you join. Nonetheless, I love the idea of viewing the content before joining. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Oct 19, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  9. Hellooo

This is a really nice idea. I remember one time I was invited to a party with someone to play cakewars, but there were 3 other people in the party. It was fairly awkward, so I’d definitely like to see this being implemented to prevent similar situations. It would prevent people from being invited to a party with people they aren’t comfortable with. I don’t see it having any negatives, and it would be nice to implement in the next QoL update. It looks like a lot of people are in support of the idea as well. I hope to see it added c:
    +1

Posted Oct 19, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 20, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  10. Viewing a list of party members way easier and you can see most of the players in their party. If you have a friend who's asking you to play games with them, you can view it when the host invited you to their party. If you aren't sure if you're okay to join their party, you can always decline their invitation. That'll be a great QoL improvement for the party system. Sometimes, the party leader wants to keep their list private to everyone in-game. That's the only problem and a leader prefer not to make it visible.

Overall, I think it's a nice idea to implement! +1

Posted Oct 23, 2019
    vezay likes this.
  11. I mean, to be honest, If I really think about It I guess that It would be a pretty convenient addition to the party section of Mineplex. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to disagree with this thread. To be honest It would be a nice suggestion but It's such a little implementation that to be honest I don't think that Mineplex would spend their time to change such a small little setting in the party menu. I'm pretty sure that there's already a way to view who's in your party but I don't really remember how you get over to it. Like @TooMuchXMas4You suggested I think that it would be great that whenever someone sends you an invite to a party it would say "Accept / Deny / View" As they suggested. It usually quite annoys me whenever I invite my mates to my party and I leave the game, then I join back and have to re-invite them because I'm not 100% sure if they're actually in my party or the left/got auto kicked. I'm assuming that Mineplex probably has some other bigger issues to focus on then adding a little party setting so, to be honest, I highly doubt that they'll add this setting anytime soon but you never know to be honest maybe they'll eventually add something small and simple like this suggestion of yours.

Anyhow it was a pretty unique and good suggestion to the server and I'd love to see more suggestions from you soon here on the Mineplex forums, have a good one! :)
    - TheProTroller

Posted Oct 23, 2019
  12. Hey man!

This seems like a great idea that has to be put in use ASAP. However, I believe Mineplex should focus in the party system even more.

Often, parties break when you join a lobby, this should be fixed. Also, I suggest you can invite or at least notify someone who is already in a party in case he would rather join yours. I believe the party system was great but so many updates have kept brought even more glitches into it. Why not make one big update of the party system and fix many issues while adding some new features that have been tested several times?

This is really what I just believe, so you feel free to not agree w me.

Have a good day,
    Flame

Posted Oct 24, 2019
  13. Hello~~~

As I said in my post above, only people who have been invited to the party can view the party. I suggested that if someone parties you, you will have the option to Accept/Deny/View. If you meant that what if the leader invited someone and the leader didn't want the player he invited to know who's in the party? I don't see this as a problem as if the person accepts the party in the first place they will be able to view the party after joining.

Hello~~~

I get your concern, but I'm gonna have to disagree with this statement for a few reasons:

"but It's such a little implementation that to be honest I don't think that Mineplex would spend their time to change such a small little setting in the party menu."

As I agree that this is a small change, but I think it has many benefits. This is a small QoL change and I think it would make a positive change and be very convenient for many players on the server. I said in my post that this isn't necessary, but it would have benefits and would be convenient and I still stand by that.

I also don't agree that mineplex should focus on only big things as small updates can be very beneficial as well. I don't expect this thread to be implemented soon, but I do hope that it will be implemented one day!

"I highly doubt that they'll add this setting anytime soon but you never know to be honest maybe they'll eventually add something small and simple like this suggestion of yours."

I agree that they probably won't add this any time soon as it's not in priority, but I hope in the future they will consider it. (especially with all the positive reviews)

I also made the suggestion about the Accept/Deny/View, but thank you for your feedback as I agreed with some of the statement. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 24, 2019
    kctie1234 likes this.