• 622 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9060 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Party Switch Server Warning

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Enzo, Aug 11, 2019.

?

Would you like this implemented?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hey, I have a simple suggestion for the Party system. Sometimes the leader of the party forgets to check if they have a teammate still alive in a game. I'm suggesting a warning shows up, if a teammate in the party is alive, warning the owner that there is a player alive, and if they are sure they want to leave when they do /nbg, /hub, etc.

This is an example of how it would.

You try and hit the clock, /nbg, or just try and move servers, and this warning would show up.

[​IMG]

And the leader would respond accordingly. And that's about it. It's a simple message, but it should help those who are still alive in a game.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    Jango_55, pzazz, Xukuri and 5 others like this.
  2. Seems like a nice QoL idea. I would like to see the image you proposed as it broke. But yeah I can see how if you're not paying attention you can just switch servers while someone is alive and it can be annoying. Like I said I can't see the image while writing this but maybe there could be a confirmation or something at the end then the leader can just click it and they would get queued for another game. Regardless if it's not too difficult, +1.

Posted Aug 11, 2019
    xParadoxical_ likes this.
  3. Not sure if this link will pass, but this is the example that should have been provided. https://prnt.sc/or4p20

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 11, 2019
  4. Hey!

I and my other friends have experienced this a lot of times when the party leader left the server when some of us were still alive in-game. It would be really cool if a warning showed up as it could prevent a lot of unnecessary scenarios of players getting frustrated that they couldn't finish a match they were winning for example. I also feel like this wouldn't take a long time to implement but then again I can't be 100% sure as the image you've posted seems to have broken down. Otherwise, I'm 100% for this feature to be possibly added in the next QoL update.

Keep up the good ideas!

Posted Aug 11, 2019
  5. I posted a link on it, I'm just waiting for a mod to approve it.

EDIT: It was approved.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 11, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 12, 2019
  6. Hey there!

My favourite types of ideas are simple yet incredibly useful (so thanks for that). I’m 100% in support of some sort of warning to party leaders before forcing still live players to leave the game, as this not only negatively affects the players experience but possibly putting a team in the game short players (putting them in an unfair advantage). I can see two different ways of implementing this:

1. warning the party leader, but ultimately allowing him/her to choose to ignore the warning and proceed anyways.

2. Forcing the party leader to either kick the player(s) that are still alive in a team or wait until they’re done before moving onto another server.

I’m in support of both options, great idea!

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  7. Hey mate,

I actually really like this idea. I am sure I speak on behalf of a lot of players who get disconnected because the party leaders either forgot that their friends were still alive or just decided to leave anyway, dragging the alive players from the games into the lobby. It is very frustrating, and a big inconvenience. I think it would be a nice QoL update that would heavily benefit and improve the current parties system.

I also thought that perhaps this could be a preference for players in the /prefs menu, so that if enabled, it meant that if you are still alive in a game and the party leader leaves, you will stay in the game OR a warning message will appear in the chat for the leader! Great idea buddy, it's a +1 from me, and I hope we can see it implemented soon.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  8. Maybe add a KICK & IGNORE option to the example I added, and also implement @AyyNick ‘s idea for a /prefs setting that, if enabled, would kick that member from the party, if the leader still decides to leave, and then move the party to that other server.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 13, 2019
    RobbiinK likes this.
  9. That would be a good option, the only concern I’d have is the party leader/the person being kicked would be unaware of what just happened leading to confusion and possibly leading to players thinking the party system is malfunctioning.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  10. This is actually really interesting! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been alive in a game where the party leader would go to the hub... This would be a nice solution to that issue. Also, the image your provided is great as well. It’s nice to see so many players putting a lot effort into their ideas, even going as far as to show us what it would look like!

Definitely a +1

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  11. I would imagine adding a message after the kick happens saying that the player is still in the game so he has been kicked from the party. Or a better message would be

“Player Example has left the party.”
    “REASON: “Example still alive in game.”

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 13, 2019
    RobbiinK likes this.
  12. This is actually a very useful, yet effective idea. +1 from me.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  13. Hello! This sounds like a good idea, and I would actually love if they added this feature. Sometimes the party leader forgets that the party members are in the game still, so if the party system asked for a confirmation before you leave, that would be great. And since some people might not like this idea, I say it would be a good idea to have the option to disable and enable this feature using the /prefs command.

Overall, it’s an easy +1 from me.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    xParadoxical_ likes this.
  14. Nice idea. +1 from me.
    I know in the past I’ve been in large parties where the party owner doesn’t realize that there are people still alive in the game. This would definitely prevent that from being a further issue.

I like the example you provided. It would be nice just to click confirm or deny instead of having to type up a command.

Good idea overall. Doesn’t need to be a priority but it would be a nice QOL update :)

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  15. I got the idea for just a click, like the party inv acept and denies are.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2019
  16. That’s a great QoL improvement for the party system. From my experience, the party leader accidentally leaves the server while I’m in the game. I’d probably remember it a long time ago, I think. It frustrates me inside because I was working throughout my current progress. I don’t want to redo this all over again.

On the right hand, we need to have the confirmation for the party leader before they head out to another game or the lobby. That way, it gives them heads up before they do something else. I agree with @AyyNick’s idea above to enable/disable confirmation message in /prefs. I’m going to agree with the confirmation system.

On the other hand, I don’t think it’s possible for the party leader to automatically kick anyone who’s still alive in the game. It’ll take some steps for the leaders to re-add them back to their party again.

Overall, I cannot wait to see this small feature add to the party system. Other than that, great job! +1

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  17. +1 from me.
    so many times I have been warped by a party, while I was alive

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  18. Absolutely +1 from me. It has happened too many times to me, and this seems like a pretty simple thing to implement. No concerns on my end.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  19. I would love to see this implemented, I have been on both ends of this. It's annoying when the party leader leaves the game while you're still alive, especially if you could have possibly won or were doing well. A simple warning could go a long way in ensuring this happens less. Overall a +1 from me.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  20. Yes, this is great. I don't see any reason not to add this. I've had that issue before as I'm sure a lot of people have had, and adding this would prevent alive people being removed from the game. Thanks for your suggestion! +1 from me.

Posted Aug 20, 2019