• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Past Survival Games/ Past UHC.

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by CatInBag, May 2, 2019.

?

Add secrets to Survival Games?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. I remember in the past of youtuber posting videos of them having fun in Survival Games, these were maps like Kokoshi Islands on mineplex today. However, when I was the first one to discover the lava secret/horse glitch on Kokoshi Islands, they were removed. Kokoshi means 'Secret' in japanese. and I really feel like the removed permissions to these map secrets and building abilities take away a lot of the fun from the game. To me, Survival Games and Cakewars, Skywars, Bridges, Microbattles are all the same. If there were some major map changes/ gameplay changes to some of these, there could be huge improvement. I feel like having skywars and microbattles with GLD is just too much, and it segregates the players, creating more wait time and forcing the sorting algorithm to do more work. I still remember the poison pots you could get, and people would race to get them, it was awesome, sort of like Wizards, because of the many objects you could interact with, but now wizards is gone too.
    --- Post updated ---
    Games like SSM, still have not lost their spark, I feel like the game fits into it's own niche. However, I wasn't a big fan of it due to the constant lag-back you sometimes get when you double jump. Sometimes getting that fly lag/kick. SSM was once one of the less popular games, but as the other games deteriorated I felt like it was an only option for others.

Posted May 2, 2019
  2. Way back when I played on Java mineplex back in 2015 I remember a few secrets in kikoshi, and most were not meant to be a thing, like getting lava buckets, strength potions, and kinda hidden areas, but some of the things gave an unfair advantage like the strength potion, which was a battle to get, not only fight other people that wanted to get it but then the way to get it was the border fireballs that broke the potion stand allowing you to pick up and use, or the lava buckets by map exploiting a block and then you would have lava all over the place making game play difficult, which if you were not suppose to get to why even have those items there, but in any case they were removed because of being unfair.
    I have been playing bedrock mineplex and have found a few hidden places on maps, but you can only get to them by using TNT, a couple secrets that I knew in Java where there in bedrock as well. But most of the other things have been removed.
    Those things would be fun to do but ultimately it's unfair and not intended in game play.

Posted May 2, 2019
    CatInBag likes this.
  3. The strenght 2 potion allowed people who were bad at pvp to have a chance at winning, it's sad that it got removed. There was also a diamond sword behind a fireplace next to the potion. There was really no need to remove them because easter eggs are always fun. +1

Posted May 2, 2019
    CatInBag likes this.
  4. Most of the time it wasn't bad pvp people that got the strength potion.
    There are still Easter eggs around, at least on bedrock, and I'm sure some of those are still on Java.

Posted May 2, 2019
    CatInBag likes this.
  5. Heyo,
    I really think this statement could be subjective to your opinion, but I think it is incorrect. Survival games and Skywars are solo games (duos are rarely played) while Cake Wars, Micro Battles, and Bridges are team games. Survival games and Skywars are somewhat similar, but Skywars requires you to bridge across gaps in the map where you could potentially get hit off, it also has very different kits that force different game strategies upon players. Cake Wars Is very different than other team PVP games. You have multiple objectives like defending your cake, eating other teams cakes, gathering resources, and getting final kills. You have to be aware of things going on everywhere even if it is halfway across the map. It is not just any old elimination after death PVP game. Bridges requires prep and mining skills which no other games on Mineplex have, and after that, you still have to work with your team to PVP and win. Micro battles is a simple PVP game which doesn't require much strategy, but that is okay, because as I have explained, there aren't any games like it.
    ~Thanks!

Posted May 2, 2019
    CatInBag likes this.
  6. Yeah, I totally agree with you, but what i'm saying is that the similarities are so close, I feel like they're taking up space for other better gamemodes that could be considered in a different niche. In Skywars, you can have a team or not, you rush to the middle or other players' islands and kill them. In Bridges, you can have a team or not, you rush to the middle or other player's islands, and you kill them. You get knocked off, you die the same. I understand the game of bridges changes drastically with a team you get along with, but most players who come on mineplex are playing solo, and it just becomes skywars. I feel like there needs to be either vastly different game-modes or just better coordination into groups/teams.
    --- Post updated ---
    Haha, yeah things like the lava were a bit OP, and I do admit abusing it. You could just pour it onto the spawn and default to a win. But as Grass blocker said below:

I feel like there should be more damage potions and other secret items, as if there were more secrets, one for each player, it would level out the playing field and players would have more items to have fun with. Plus, what's not fun throwing a potion at someone? It wasn't really the item that made the secret fun, it was the fact that it was a secret. It was something hard to get every round as many people hurdled to obtain it. Haha.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 2, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  7. That wouldn't work, not everyone would know about them and you would have a couple people with all the good stuff for an easy win

Posted May 2, 2019