• 1634 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10072 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Pet Pokemon

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Thexs, May 15, 2019.

?

Should this be a normal game or lobby game?

1. Actual Game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lobby Game

100.0%
  1. Hoi! I wanted to talk to you about a possible lobby game that I believe that many would find fun! So to start off, our pets at the moment have the use of being cute and friends to us, but what if they had powers and abilities? This would work like Pokemon, you would be able to level up your pets and gain abilities from wins. EXAMPLE: If I went to my friend Wendy and challenged her in the middle of spawn we would be put into a GUI where both of us can see a row of abilities and strengths. I would pull out my cow and push the ability RAM, this would take 4 of her health as it is only level one. But then she takes out a level 9 blaze, she uses the ability Flames, this would light my pet on fire making it lose 19 health.
    Now let us say Wendy won this fight, she would get Pet Levels just like normal Player XP, once she hits the amount needed to level up she would do some command like /PetLevelUp. I feel this easily tells you what I mean with my idea, please consider the possibilities of this idea and not just that you dislike Pokemon based games.

(Pets would have levels overtop of their head if you had this lobby mode enabled!)

Also, if you report on a thread what you want to be different, please include my name as I have had a couple of situations of people not giving credit where it is due and it just puts my work in the trash as its hidden. Thank you

- Thexs

Posted May 15, 2019
    RedditCredit likes this.
  2. This sounds like a fantastic game, although I don't necessarily agree with this feature. If you're like me, you'd constantly forget to level up your pets, so I feel as though this could work as the player XP already does, where when you hit the required amount, you would automatically level up.

Posted May 15, 2019
  3. I feel that automatic level up would be the best for it as well, thank you for your comment!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  4. I agree with this! I used to love Pokemon Brick Bronze on (a certain other game like Minecraft) until it got deleted so 1+

Posted May 15, 2019
  5. I love to play Pokemon sometimes, but I am not sure that it is going to be a great idea to implement a new game to the server. It may take time for Developers to create a new game. I think that it will fit the lobby games instead of an actual game. The lobby game is simple to add, and less time for them to create it too.

Overall, I agree with the idea with the Pet Pokemon game for the lobby. +1

Posted May 16, 2019
    RedditCredit likes this.
  6. Hey there!

I remember always playing Pokémon on my DS ohh the fun times, anyways I think adding this to the lobby is a great and realistic idea!

Posted May 16, 2019
  7. @Phamtastic I thought that the lobby was a great idea for the game as well! Thank you for your comment! Same with you az4. :D <3

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 16, 2019
  8. Hey!

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with this idea. I use to love Pokemon when I was younger and I pretty much still do. So I believe this would be an awesome game to add to the lobbies. This would for sure make pets much more enjoyable to have.

+1 Keep these great ideas coming! =)

Posted May 16, 2019
    Thexs likes this.
  9. As it's been mentioned before, there's not really a need for a level up command, it should be done automatically. But other than that, it sounds like a pretty interesting and solid idea. +1

Posted May 16, 2019
    RedditCredit likes this.
  10. The whole game taking place in a GUI sounds kinda lame. I think it would be cooler and way more interesting if they had an arena dedicated to hosting the battles sort of like the one for gladiators now, where we could actually see the pets come out and use their moves.
    --- Post updated ---
    This would also probably require pets to be reset and overhauled, since currently they are a purely cosmetic thing, but if this game were implemented they no longer would be. So obtaining them from ranks/chests would go against the EULA.

There would have to be some other way to obtain them. Like maybe an entire new mini-game dedicated to catching them?

Posted May 16, 2019
    RedditCredit likes this.
  11. Hey, that "Under Construction" area has been vacant for quite some time, maybe the new arena could go there?

Posted May 16, 2019
  12. I have loved Pokemon since I was in 2nd grade, so I'd love to battle with our pets (that's what you're suggesting, correct?). I do agree with @JMPhase that it would be kind of boring if it was just in a GUI, and instead would be a lot cooler if it were an actual battle where your pets attack each other. I think the leveling system suggested by @DietSnowLOL would work out the best, where your pets level up when you gain XP. I think your pet should have the same level as you, but the leveling system would be set up like Pokemon's, where the difference in strength between a level 10 and a level 30 is a lot more than a level 80 and a level 100. This means that percentage wise, you gain a smaller percent of strength as you level up. A huge +1 to this idea. I think this would be a ton of fun!

Posted May 16, 2019
    RedditCredit likes this.
  13. Heya!

I love the concept of this and definitely would love to see it implemented! I mean I am a fan of Pokemon so my opinion may be a little biased but this would definitely add more to lobbies and give people more to do in the lobbies and would definitely be a fun little mini-game to play whilst running around or trying to find a game. My questions are:

Would some pets be stronger than others?

This could make the game unfair for new players or people that don't really have any pets. I think it would be best if all pets had the same strength (this is different from same level) but each had their own little set of moves that they could use, similar to SSM.

How would you level pets up?

Would they be levelled up just from battles or perhaps with other methods such as playing games or perhaps a new cosmetic that levels them up? I feel like pets should be levelled up by playing games as this would encourage people to play more games and also would be something else to work on for those who are already Level 100 or people who have all achievements.

Overall I love this concept and think it would be great to see in the lobbies! Thanks for sharing your idea :)

Posted May 20, 2019
  14. I love this concept. I think it would be great for players to have something to do in the lobbies while waiting for a game or just having fun.

Posted May 20, 2019
  15. I think the way pets lvl up would be similar to -another popular java server's- way. Items and all that.

Posted May 20, 2019
  16. Hey!

This idea intrigued me from the title. I think that giving our pets Pokemon esque abilities would be a fun time waster when you are in spawn waiting for a game. Although possible, the coding for this would probably be extensive and would take a lot of time that our devs could be using to fix / add game mechanics and features to make the player experience better as a whole.

My one question is, how would this improve a players overall experience on the server?

Because of the reasons stated above, I will be staying neutral in this thread, at least for now..

+0

Posted May 20, 2019
  17. Why would it improve the player experience? It's a new game dude, how else could the experience improve? A new lobby game has been long overdue, and I think that one with actual progression in-game could be pretty cool.

Posted May 21, 2019
  18. But not many people are actually using the lobby games, sure they're fun when waiting for an actual game to start but in reality they are just to waste time, we should be adding new games and gamemodes, not lobby features.

Posted May 21, 2019
  19. This sounds like a cool idea, but wouldn't it be pay to win? You unlock pets with crates, which you pay for.

Posted Jun 8, 2019
  20. Hey there!
    Very interesting idea. The concept of leveling up pets is definitely an option I’d love to see. As of now, pets don’t have that many abilities and are strictly cosmetic. If we had additional uses of pets I’m sure that it would most certainly be a great addition. Although I think that pets deserve more features, I think that this fighting idea could be a little more altered to not be too similar to Pokémon series just in awareness of copyright issues (but then again I’m speculating and this could work).

I think that pet levels would be great. Instead of gaining pet xp only though fighting, pets should also get xp through normal games. So really, every time you gain xp your equipped pet gains 5-10% of that (this can obviously be changed to fit the idea). Otherwise it’ll be harder to actually get xp especially if players are inclined on playing more games than spending time in the lobby.

As many people have mentioned, the pet fighting idea shouldn’t be restricted to only game lobbies. I think that this idea should be expanded so that it works virtually in every lobby. It’ll be more fun when playing with others in regular lobbies when players aren’t too inclined on playing.

Furthermore, I would like to ask how exactly pets get into fights. Would there be some sort of request to fight pets and the ability to deny or accept (like parties)? I think that option would be great for players interested in avoiding spam.

Great idea overall. Although there might be some alterations and clarifications, I really liked the idea. I enjoy seeing creative threads like these that introduce a very unique idea. Keep up the great work, I hope to see more from you. +1

Posted Jun 8, 2019