• 206 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4085 Players Online
  • 3879 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Petition to remove all fishing rods from games

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by FearfulTick, Jul 25, 2022.

?

Do You Think Games Would Be More Fun Without Rods? Be Honest

1. yes

34.4%
  2. no

53.1%
  3. they should add somthing to make them worst but still keep them in

12.5%
  1. it probably doesn't help you're maxing out at 7 cps and not strafing at all

Posted Jul 30, 2022
    cqsey <3 likes this.
  2. Hey there,

So I have skimmed through some of the previous replies on this thread and have been observing this for a few days.Now, I would like to share my perspective on the whole issue.

I am in complete disagreement with the people in this thread poking fun at your idea by degrading your PvP skills, and I think it is absolutely unbecoming of someone who is good at PvP to judge your idea based on your level of skill. I have been in the PvP trend since late 2015 and instead of making me edgy, it humbled me up...

With that out of the way though, I really do not think your idea works for the simple reason that rodding, by itself, doesn't give any unfair advantage in the game and because removing it would still be completely useless: In a PvP fight there is much more than rodding, and if you are very experienced at PvP you will find that in many cases rods actually make you more exposed to melee attacks: There are many ways to "fool" a rod spammer, and multiple ways to win a fight even though you cannot rod.

Trust me mate, I understand and I really do: Even now I sometimes find myself pissed because of rods, and still now everyone in SG kills me with one. But in the end mate the first crucial step you must take for rods to no longer be a problem for you is accept a rod as part of the PvP experience: My advice is to get into fights with people good at PvP and rods, learn from them and try to be dynamic in your PvP adaptation. The sooner you do that the sooner you will learn how to circumvent rod combos.

If you see me in Lobby, feel free to ask me for a 1v1, I am not that good at PvP to be a point of reference but it can help you win fights against slightly more experienced PvPers.

Posted Jul 31, 2022
    DJPenguinPro and tori like this.
  3. I honestly don't think we should be removing a key aspect of pvp in general. I think that rodding is something a lot of players have adapted to and actually learned how to do due to how big an impact they are in pvp. Removing them would honestly just be kinda eh because we would be removing it due to some players wanting it removed since they either a.) can't rod or b.) get annoyed by being rodded, which in my opinion neither is a good enough reason to remove then. I don't think it gives an unfair advantage either since any player can use a rod and any player can learn how to rod, Good idea, but I sadly disagree with removing a key aspect of pvp in todays Minecraft.

Posted Aug 6, 2022
    cqsey <3 likes this.