• 1422 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9860 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Pixelmon!!

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Tewaun, Jan 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I can't believe you all haven't thinked of this before. Add a pixelmon game and when we join we just download the mid pack, textures and etc. CMON mineplex I'm 14 and making cool ideas.

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  2. I can't believe you all haven't thinked of this before. Add a pixelmon game and when we join we just download the mod pack, textures and etc. CMON mineplex I'm 14 and making cool ideas.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2019
  3. Just play Pixelmon servers, I personally don't like the game in my offence but everyone has their own opinions

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  4. Hey there! I have to give this idea a -1. Pixelmon is too much of an adventure RPG game to fit bedrock. There are also a lot of other mods specifically made for Pixelmon, so it would be somewhat unoriginal, unlike games like survival games, factions, and Skywars, which are found in most multiplayer servers.
    This would also lag many players on mobile because of the amount of money in the world. Lastly, if a large amount of players (such as 100) we're forced to used the same mod (not resource pack), it would heavily lag the server, making Pixelmon unenjoyable. Have a nice day!

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  5. As much as I love Pixelmon, I'm going to have to give this idea a -1. There are plenty of other servers out there dedicated to Pixelmon, and as stated above it's too much of an adventure RPG game. It would take an extremely long time to implement due to the large RPG concept, and we generally don't want to make players download something just to play a game, especially a mod.

If you want to play Pixelmon on a server, like I've stated above there are plenty of servers that have the mod on it, and usually that's the only thing that you can do on those servers. That's how big the mod is. Plus, if there were a bunch of players using the mod, then it would heavily lag the server like stated above. I just don't think that this would be worth the time, especially since our developers have other projects that they need to work on.

So as I've said, I'm going to give a -1. I love Pixelmon, and Pokemon in general, but I don't think that adding it to Mineplex would be very good.

Posted Jan 19, 2019
  6. Yo,

As the players above me have said, Pixelmon is usually its own dedicated game for entire servers. Seeing as Mineplex is a mini-game based server it wouldn't really fit into the theme of our server. Also, I can see some issues arriving with trying to play other mini-games after you are done with Pixelmon. Players would have to close Minecraft and re-open it with a normal version which would get very tedious after a while. Pixelmon is also super laggy, even with the entire server being dedicated towards it so adding it onto our already complex database doesn't seem like it'd be the greatest. Keep up the great ideas though!

Posted Jan 20, 2019
  7. Hey!

I personally love Pixelmon, however, I don't think this idea would fit into Mineplex as much as it would on Pixelmon-based servers. There's no way Pixelmon would be able to fit into the mini-game theme we have here, as it would take a long time to create and modify and with players already complaining about the lag on the server Pixelon would not do any favours for us. Overall, I think it would be a bit of a waste of time and resources and you'd ultimately have to sacrifice a lot for the gamemode, which is not something Mineplex can do.

Keep up the good ideas!

Posted Jan 20, 2019
  8. Yo!

Thank you for contributing towards idea discussion here on Mineplex! Unfortunately, I will be denying your idea since this idea does not fit our server's theme. Mineplex is primarily a minigame server and implementing Pixelmon would not go well with our intended audience. We would have to devote many of our resources to create such a game like Pixelmon, but we would rather focus our attention towards fun, unique, and original minigames that our players would rather enjoy. Due to the amount of resources that would be required to create this and it's compatibility issues with our players, I have to deny this idea. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea, feel free to PM me or another member of Ideas Management.

Thread locked - Idea denied
    Unavailable resources to expend towards the gamemode and doesn't fix Mineplex's theme

Posted Jan 24, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.